Jesus, the Messiah - Bible Study (Completed)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, this topic concerns the Lord Jesus Christ and him as the Messiah, if you would like to follow along and look at some of these scriptures please feel free to, also not only look at them but also check for surrounding context, for contents that are missed on what may be going on in a certain book that be quoted here.

Daneil 9:25 So you are to know and understand that from issuing of a (a) decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince, there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again with streets and moat, even in times of distress.

A) Dan. 9:25 - Ezra 4:24; 6:1-15 - Ezra 4:24 Then work on the house of God in Jerusalem was discontinued, and it was stopped unto the second year of the reign of Darius king of Persia.

A2) Ezra 6:1 Then King Darius issued a decree, and a (a) search was conducted in the archive, where the treasures were stored in Babylon. And in Ecbatana, in the fortress which is in a province of Media, a scroll was found; and the following was written in it: "Memorandum --- 3 Int he first year of King cyrus, Cyrus the King issued a decree: ' Concerning the house of God in Jerusalem, let the temple, the place where sacrifices are offered, be rebuilt, and let its foundations be repaired, its hight being sixty cubits and its width sixty cubits, 4 with three lays of large stones and one layer of timber. And the cost to be paid from the royal treasury. 5 Also the gold and silver utensils of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took from the temple in Jerusalem and brought to Babylon, are to be returned and brought to their places in the temple in Jerusalem; and you shall put them in the house of God. 6. "Now as for you, (a) Tattenai governor of the province beyond the Euphrates River, Shethar-bozenai, and your colleagues, the officials of the provinces beyond the River, stay away from there,. Leave that work on the house of God alone; let the governor of the Jews and the elders of the Jews rebuild that house of God on its site. 8. Furthermore, I issue a decree: what you are to do for these elders of Judah in the rebuilding of that house of God: the full cost is to be paid to these people from the royal treasury out of the taxes of the provinces beyond the Euphrates River, and that without interruption. 9. And whatever is needed, bulls, rams, and lambs for burnt offerings to the God of heaven, and wheat, salt, wine, and anointing oil, as the priest in Jerusalem order, it is to be given to them daily without fail, 10 so that they may offer acceptable sacrifices to the God of heaven and pray for the lives of the king and his sons. 11 And I issued a decree that any person who violates my this decree shall be pulled out of his house and he shall be impaled on it; and his house shall be turned into a refuse heap on account of this. May the God who has caused His name to dwell there overthrow any king or people who attempts to change it, so as to destroy that house of God in Jerusalem. I, Darius, have issued this decree: it is to be carried out with all diligence. 13 Then Tattenai, the governor of the province beyond the Euphrates River, Shethar-Bozenai, and their colleagues carried out the decree with all diligence, just as King Darius had orderer. 14 And the elders of the Jews were successful in building through the prophecy of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddol. And they finished building following the command of the God of Israel and the decree of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes King of Persia. 15 Now this temple was completed on the third day, of the month of Adar, it was the sixth year of the reign of King Darius.

Matthew 11:2-3 Now while in prison, John heard about the words of Christ, and he sent word by his disciples, and said the disciples asked him, "Are you (a) the coming one, or are we to look for someone else?

a) Psalms 118:26, Matthew 11:10 - Psalms 118:26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD (Yahava); We have blessed you from the house of the LORD (Yahava.)

a2) Matthew 11:10 This is the one about who it is written, "Behold I am sending My Messenger Ahead of You, Who Will Prepare Your Way Before You." Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I am sending MY messenger, and he will clear a way before Me. and I YAhava, whom you are seeking will suddenly come to his temple; and the messengers of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold He is coming," saying Yahava of armies.

Matthew 12:23 And all the crowds were amazed and were saying, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, (a) the Son of (b) the Living God."

a) Matthew 4:3 And the tempter came and said to Him, and said to Him, "If you are the Son of God command that these stones become bread."

b) Psalms 42:2 My soul thirst for God, for the living God; Wehn shall I come and appear before God?

Matthew 26:63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I place you under oath by the living God, to tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God.

a) Matthew 26:63-66 - 63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I place You under oath by the living God, to tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God." 64 Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." 65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said, " He has blasphemed! What further need do you have of witnesses? See, you have now heard the blasphemy; 66 What do you think? " They answered, "He deserves death!"

b) Luke 22:67-71 67 "IF you are the Christ, tell us." But he said to them, "If I tell you, you will not believe; 68 and if I ask a question, you will not answer. 69 But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God. 70 And they all said, "So you are the Son of God?" And h said to them, "You say correctly that I am." 71 And they said, "What further need do we have of testimony? For we have heard it ourselves from his own mouth!"

Mark 8:29 and He continued questioning them: "But who do you say that I am ?"(a) Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ."

a) John 6:68-69Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have (a) words of eternal life. And we have already believed and have come to know that you are the holy one of God.

a2) John 6:68 - John 6:63; 12:49
John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh provides no benefit; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit, and are life.

a3) John 12:49 For I did not speak on My own, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Mark 14:61 But He kept silent and did not offer any answer. Against the high priest was questioning Him, and said to Him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed one?

Luke 2:11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Luke 2:26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Yahava's Christ.

Luke 4:41 Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" And yet He was rebuking them and would not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ.

Luke 7:19 And after summoning two of his disciples, John sent them to the Lord, saying "are you the coming one, or are we to look for another?

Luke 9:20 And He said to them "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God."

Luke 22:67 "If you are the Christ, tell us." But he said to them. "If I tell you, you will not believe;

Luke 24:21 But we were hoping it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, it is now the third day since these things happened.

Luke 24:26 (a) Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things to come into His glory?

a) Luke 24:7 Then beginning with Moses and with all the Prophets, He explained to them the things written about Himself in all the scriptures.

a2) Hebrews 2:10 For it was fitting for Him for whom all things, and through whom are all things, in brining many sons to glory, to perfect the originator of their salvation through sufferings.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 2

Hello and welcome back to the subject, Jesus, the Messiah bible study,

John 1:41 He first found his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the (a) Messiah" (which is translated means Christ).

a)Daniel 9:25 So you are to know and understand that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, there will be seven weeks and sixty two weeks; it will be built again, with streets and moat, even in times of distress.

a2) John 4:25 The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming ( He who is called Christ): when that One comes, He will declare all things to us.

John 4:26 Jesus said to her, "(a) I am He, the One speaking to you."

a) John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.

a2) John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am, and I do nothing on My own, but I say these things as the Father instructed me.

a3) John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am. (Jesus was the Word of God, way before Abraham.)

a4) John 9:37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you."

John 6:14 Therefore when the people saw the sign which he had performed, they said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."

John 6:69 And we have already believed and have come to know that you are (a) the Holy One of God.

a) Mark 1:24 saying "What business do you have with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us before our time? I know who you are: the Holy One of God!

b) Mark 8:29 and He continued questioning them: "But who do you say that I am ?"(a) Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ."

John 7:41 Others were saying,: This is the Christ." But others were saying, "Surely the Christ is not coming from Galilee, is He?

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins."

John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am, and I do nothing on My own, but I say these things as the Father instructed me.

John 9:37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you."

John 11:27 She said to Him "Yes, Lord; I have come to believe you are the Christ, the Son of God and He who come into the world."

John 13:19 From now on I am telling you before it happens, so that when it does happen, you may believe that I am here.

John 20:31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in his name.

Acts 2:31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, and that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay.

Acts 4:26 The Kings of the earth took their stand and the rules were gathered together against the LORD and against his Christ

Acts 9:20 and immediately he began to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues saying, "He is the Son of God."

Acts 9:22 But Saul kept increasing in strength confounding Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that this Jesus is the Christ

Acts 17:3 explains and gives evidence that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead, and saying "This Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you is the Christ.

Acts 18:5 But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, testifying tot he Jews that Jesus was the christ.

Acts 18:28 For he powerfully refuted the Jewish in public, demonstrating by the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar except the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves the child born of Him.