Jesus vs Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The battle of the anointed ones....

devil-jesus-christ-satan-jesus-and-the-devil-fantasy-3d-funny-600x375_large.jpg

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That picture is not right at all, either theologically or scripturally.

Here is a corrected version...

satan-jesus-arm-wrestling.jpg

2 Corinthians 11:14

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That picture is not right at all, either theologically or scripturally.

Here is a corrected version...

satan-jesus-arm-wrestling.jpg

2 Corinthians 11:14

Well... That made a lot of sense... I will do myself a favor and try not to figure it out. :huh:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither picture is theologically correct. Satan is not even worthy enough to challenge God, let alone match up with Him in a fight. The only beings Satan can beat are unredeemed human beings.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou art the anointed cherub - Ezekiel 28:14

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. - 2 Cor 11:14

And the word Christ means anointed... So the battle of the anointed ones.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Satan was anointd back wen he was an angel but he can't be anointed now. As for the picture, well that is the popuar image of the devil. What he looks like is probably the same as he did when he was an angel. Now he is a fallen Angel and still has a lot of the powwers and privilages of an angel e.g. he has access to an audience with God as we can see from the Book of Job.

He cannot challenge Christ though, he might think he can but he is way out of his league.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I don't think he looks like that but it doesn't really matter since there is no absolute dualism between God and Satan. They are not equal powers, like a good God and and a bad God. God created a choosing creature who became Satan (Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!).

How does he look? We know that when people see him they will be quite surprised.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Satan is definitely a personal-being and not just an impersonal "force". The biblical evidence is overwhelming in identifying Satan as personal.

Here are some of his personal traits:
  1. speaks - Lk. 4:3
  2. knows - Rev. 12:12
  3. works - Eph. 2:2
  4. disputes - Jude 9
  5. desires - Jn. 8:44
  6. requests - Lk. 22:3
  7. schemes - II Cor. 2:11
  8. conceit - I Tim. 3:6
  9. wills - II Tim. 2:26
  10. wrath - Rev. 12:12
  11. deceives - Rev. 20:2
His character is displayed as:
  1. Evil - Jn. 17:15; II Thess. 3:3; I Jn. 3:12
  2. Sinful - I Jn. 3:8
  3. Deceitful, deceiving - Acts 13:10; II Cor. 11:3; Rev. 12:9; 20:2
  4. Liar - Jn. 8:44; Acts 5:3
  5. Murderer - Jn. 8:44; I Jn. 3:12
  6. Malicious - I Tim. 3:11; Titus 2:3
  7. Self-exalting - Matt. 16:23; Mk. 8:33; I Tim. 3:6
Axehead

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
There is no Jesus vs satan. Jesus triumphes and has already triumphed over satan. The Church has power of satan by the Holy Ghost!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
There is no Jesus vs satan. Jesus triumphes and has already triumphed over satan. The Church has power of satan by the Holy Ghost!

Very true! Jesus is Victor. He has triumphed over Satan and his false religion. "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world."

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

And why are we to be of good cheer? Because He has overcome the world or because we can overcome any tribulation BECAUSE HE has overcome?

1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

The overcoming life of Jesus Christ is available and resident in every true Believer and enables them to overcome all that is not of God, now, in this life.

We are victorious and triumphant through Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Lord, by His Spirit will quicken our mortal bodies in this life to serve Him in righteousness and holiness and thus overcome every tribulation in this world that affects us personally, thus causing us to triumph and overcome in Him and through Him.

Axehead

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
The battle of the anointed ones....

devil-jesus-christ-satan-jesus-and-the-devil-fantasy-3d-funny-600x375_large.jpg
I'm sure my son would love to get in on this conversation because he chose this pic for his Timeline cover and it annoys me every time I see it on his page...if he was'nt a grown man I'd make him take it down

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A contempary to Satan would be more like Michael. With that said I do not even see Satan at that level though.

Reactions: HammerStone

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think of Satan as sort of like the stain from some tasty food that landed on God's favorite shirt - annoying, stubborn perhaps; but nothing to get all worked up about.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some more variations of the photo... I think it would make a cool t-shirt.

http://wallpapershi.net/devil-jesus-christ-satan-jesus-and-the-devil-fantasy-3d-funny/

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hand wrestle? How about...
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:(2Th 2:8)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't he senior to Michael back when he was an angel?

I would say so... As three is the number of unity I would imagine three groups of angels with their chiefs... Michael, Lucifer, Gabriel. And Jesus would be greater than an angel. Therefore...

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. - 1 John 4:4