Jesus would believe in Evolution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was seen speaking with Moses on a hill if I recall correctly.....

Matthew 17

Jesus Talks with Moses and Elijah
17 Six days later, Jesus took Peter, James, and John, the brother of James, up on a high mountain by themselves. 2 While they watched, Jesus’ appearance was changed; his face became bright like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. 3 Then Moses and Elijah[a] appeared to them, talking with Jesus.
4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you want, I will put up three tents here—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
5 While Peter was talking, a bright cloud covered them. A voice came from the cloud and said, “This is my Son, whom I love, and I am very pleased with him. Listen to him!”
6 When his followers heard the voice, they were so frightened they fell to the ground. 7 But Jesus went to them and touched them and said, “Stand up. Don’t be afraid.” 8 When they looked up, they saw Jesus was now alone.
9 As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone about what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
10 Then his followers asked him, “Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”
11 Jesus answered, “They are right to say that Elijah is coming and that he will make everything the way it should be. 12 But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him. They did to him whatever they wanted to do. It will be the same with the Son of Man; those same people will make the Son of Man suffer.” 13 Then the followers understood that Jesus was talking about John the Baptist.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um.....Jesus was with the Father before He was born on Earth......He is God, remember? Also, here is a perfect example of God revealing His nature to us over time - He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but that was not known fully by the people who lived during the OT times. Yet, He remains the same God.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
John 7:15-16
15The Jews there were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having been taught?”
16Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

Would he believe in Evolution? No, he wouldn't have succumbed to the indoctrination of humans. His Father would tell him exactly where they are wrong and in two sentences he would put every proponent of evolution in their place.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
Forsakenone said:
Of course he didn't, he wasn't born yet right?
Of course Jesus dealt with Lot and Moses. He was there before the world began. He is the Word of God, and the Word was given to Lot and Moses. Moses even wrote it all down for us.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are saying then your private interpretation that the original English translation which uses the English word 'unicorn'
which was known then as a imaginary creature" meant to say that they were saved by actual creature of flesh?
Just caught this and wanted to quickly address it.

Your post makes no sense outside of perhaps an ambivalent attempt at humor. Of course there is a literary device in use that renders the ultimate meaning of the verse to be a picture of God's great strength. There is nothing private about that interpretation as it's shared across numerous translations and resources.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ambivalent use of humor" LOL-I love that

"Knock-knock"
"Whose there?"

..............meh

Reactions: Born_Again

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
Um.....Jesus was with the Father before He was born on Earth......He is God, remember? Also, here is a perfect example of God revealing His nature to us over time - He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but that was not known fully by the people who lived during the OT times. Yet, He remains the same God.
Jesus as THE WORD was with and IS God, John 1:1 (NIV). Then that WORD became flesh, John 1:14 (NIV), so no, Jesus as Jesus was NOT with God in the OT. Jesus was born and is the incarnation of the WORD. Not quite the same thing.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
DogLady19 said:
Of course Jesus dealt with Lot and Moses. He was there before the world began. He is the Word of God, and the Word was given to Lot and Moses. Moses even wrote it all down for us.
Please read my response in post 151.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
"Ambivalent use of humor" LOL-I love that

"Knock-knock"
"Whose there?"

..............meh
This is MY kind of humour. :)

10294238_10152008928801179_5447355009924004538_n.jpg

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Jesus as THE WORD was with and IS God, John 1:1 (NIV). Then that WORD became flesh, John 1:14 (NIV), so no, Jesus as Jesus was NOT with God in the OT. Jesus was born and is the incarnation of the WORD. Not quite the same thing.
This is contrary to the doctrine of the Trinity

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
and yet you fail to show what you think that doctrine is?

BTW, I was addressing your post, not the doctrine of the Trinity.

What I think the doctrine of the Trinity is, is irrelevant. It is a foundational doctrine of the Christian Church - go read it yourself at

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

Yes, you were addressing my post and the information you provided in your address does not support the doctrine of the Trinity

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
What I think the doctrine of the Trinity is, is irrelevant. It is a foundational doctrine of the Christian Church - go read it yourself at

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

Yes, you were addressing my post and the information you provided in your address does not support the doctrine of the Trinity
HELLO? I WAS NOT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF THE TRINITY.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
HELLO? I WAS NOT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF THE TRINITY.
Are you always this rude? Your mother must be proud.

StanJ said:
If Jesus was NOT with God where was He, Stan? See cause Christians believe He was with God since the foundations of the world. You are the person who has decided that He was somewhere else. Christians believe He was with God the Father because He is God and part of God, hence the Trinity WHICH YOU ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
Are you always this rude? Your mother must be proud.

If Jesus was NOT with God where was He, Stan? See cause Christians believe He was with God since the foundations of the world. You are the person who has decided that He was somewhere else. Christians believe He was with God the Father because He is God and part of God, hence the Trinity WHICH YOU ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT.
How is this rude? It's the online equivalent of speaking loudly to get a hard of hearing persons attention. Are you hard of hearing, or hard of reading?

Jesus was born aspen. What don't you understand about John 1:1, 14 (NIV) ?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 10:18
John 6:41
1 Corinthians 15:47-48
Ephesians 4:10
Colossians 1:15-17

Jesus existed in Heaven, as part of the Trinity before he came down from Heaven and was born a man.

And yes, yelling at people in person and online is rude - cannot believe I am having to lecture a Canadian on Etiquette - I thought you guys were supposed to be polite from birth.....

Reactions: Born_Again

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
Luke 10:18
John 6:41
1 Corinthians 15:47-48
Ephesians 4:10
Colossians 1:15-17

Jesus existed in Heaven, as part of the Trinity before he came down from Heaven and was born a man.

And yes, yelling at people in person and online is rude - cannot believe I am having to lecture a Canadian on Etiquette - I thought you guys were supposed to be polite from birth.....
No, the WORD existed then, NOT Jesus. Jesus was born and became the incarnated flesh of the WORD. John 1:14 (NIB)
Not recognizing what part of Jesus' hypostatic nature is speaking in these scriptures would be part of your wrong thinking.

It's just as rude to ignore direct questions aspen, so all I can say is you reap what you sow.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
No, the WORD existed then, NOT Jesus. Jesus was born and became the incarnated flesh of the WORD. John 1:14 (NIB)
Not recognizing what part of Jesus' hypostatic nature is speaking in these scriptures would be part of your wrong thinking.

It's just as rude to ignore direct questions aspen, so all I can say is you reap what you sow.
So does that mean He is now seated at the right hand of the Father as a slain lamb, as He is described in Revelation? And for that matter, did the Father turn into a real chicken as He was described in Psalms.

So I deserve your rude behavior because I choose not to answer your question? Sounds like and eye for eye to me.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
HammerStone said:
Just caught this and wanted to quickly address it.

Your post makes no sense outside of perhaps an ambivalent attempt at humor. Of course there is a literary device in use that renders the ultimate meaning of the verse to be a picture of God's great strength. There is nothing private about that interpretation as it's shared across numerous translations and resources.
It is called a question; it was based upon these precepts:

• The term 'unicorn' which was translated from the derived from the Hebrew [ רְאֵם r@'em {reh-ame'} or רְאֵים r@'eym {reh-ame'} or רֵים reym {rame} or רֵם rem {rame}]

Which we know as Rah, the Egyptian God. As you can observe, the image of Rah depicts a one horned beast. One will also noticed that the passages in the Torah which are translated in the KJV using the term 'unicorn' representing "one horned beast" use the context "as if it were" by the strength of Rah

God brought them out of Egypt; he hath "as it were" the strength of the unicorn, {one horned beast} {Rah} { Egyptian God}
thoth-eye-of-RA.450x266.jpg

• The actual meaning of the Hebrew term from which the KJV was derived can not be definitively established, kinda like the meaning was derived by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.,
  • The Torah wasn't originally written in Greek.

You claim that meaning of the verse was to be a picture of God's great strength; however, the view of God's strength being liken a wild ox is pretty pathetic representation of the LORD's power and Glory. Even the term unicorn represents something that supernatural. But a beast that man can and does have dominion over? Jeeez.

But, if the wild ox represents your view of God's strength then as one who affirms the rights and liberties of the U.S. Constitution, you certainly have your right to your opinion since you are the one who will have to give account of yourself to the LORD as I myself will have too also.

Now regarding the issue of 'private interpretation', everyone's opinion is their private interpretation since there is only One who can state what the scriptures mean definitively, and that is the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 1:20-2:1
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

But we can have confidence in the meaning of the scriptures by the evidence of the principle which is reflective only by its perpetual nature of having always been true, is true and will remain true at all times. But I digress since my post which asked you if a wild ox reflects the strength of your God which is not being reiterated by this post.

But if you like jokes, here is one

[Removed potentially offensive joke video]