Job

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job,
This guy is like John the Baptists. He don't speak much but he follows me everywhere.

The wife.. the self-righteos nagging, know it all.
She don't love Job. She wants to see him fail.
She's so jealous and envious because he puts God before her.
Nothing happens to her because she is the same self-righteous, nagging know it all, we all know.
It has something to do with being married. And the wife is a part of the man. They are joined in heart and mind and soul.
She is the idol of you in your mind.
She is what is know to man as their better part.
That depends on which side she's on.
For man it should be and always be the Lord is the better part of man.
Christ is the head of the body.

But some women got this habit of wanting all the attention.
Me, me ,me , look at me. Look how pretty I am. don't I sparkle?
Somehow the story of Esther comes to mind.
And Job's wife was no Esther. nope.
She's the other one..Queen Vashti, oh yes, I had to go find her.
She likes to think she is invisible and messes with your mind
when your not paying attention.
She's that little whisper in your head: Go on do it.. nobody will know. who cares.. me me me...
Look at me. I'm special. Just curse God and be done with it. Move on and pay attention to ME!

I think Satan is the nagging wife if I had to guess.
She probably would be attending the daily sacrifices with the family. The Holy days and feasts.
And it was all about God. God has taken all his attention away from me!

Look at him Lord. You put this man in my life to worship me.
If everything was to be taken away from him, then he would have to pay attention to ME!
He's more worried about his children than me, his cattle than me, even his friends.
Why is he ignoring me. Just curse him and let him die.
It's as if she is wanting him to commit suicide.
Bring him so much loss and devastation that he will take his own life.

I had an odd thing happen to me once.
My mom had just passed away.
My daughter was in her rebellious stage.
My husband I weren't talking..just cold.
I was tired of working.
I just was so damned depressed.
I was satnding in front of the refrigerator, and I heard this male voice.
It was inside my head but I could hear it with my ears.
So strange..I'll never forget it.
It said: Why don't you just give up and go kill yourself.

Huh? I don't want to kill myself. what are you thinking?
Life isn't that bad. I can get through this.
I literally said out loud: Go away.
I never heard that voice again.

I think it was Job's wife..
Just thinking...
HUGS

Reactions: April_Rose

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got so many questions about this guy. First of all,.. I really don't understand as much as I've tried to how he could still be so faithful to God after everything that happened to him because truthfully I don't know if I could. Second of all, Job wasn't Jesus so what does it mean when it says that he never sinned? Thirdly,.. Tim makes a good point here,.. why was his wife left alone? LOL (Oh yeah and why did God allow Satan to kill his kids when they were completely innocent? :( Same with Pharoh's son actually.)

Tim Hawkins is hilarious!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story/song of Job was written by Moses... centuries before Jesus was born.

how do you know Moses wrote it? Interesting there are three wise men, elders. But there is a forth...the younger, Elihu. Job 33:5-7 If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. [6] Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. [7] Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you know Moses wrote it? Interesting there are three wise men, elders. But there is a forth...the younger, Elihu. Job 33:5-7 If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. [6] Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. [7] Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee.
sounds to me like Job wrote his own book.
What does it mean to set your words in order before someone else?
tell me your story, confess,
interesting..
Thank You
Hugs

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fermented goat milk.
Also oral tradition and age of the writing. It's similar to the Torah.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

satan maybe as you said further on in your post. ‘The self-righteous nagging’ sounds like His wife (imo), in His hand stretched out but they (she) was rebellious in going about to establish her own righteousness.

Matthew 23:27-30 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. [28] Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. [29] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, [30] And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

She's that little whisper in your head: Go on do it.. nobody will know. who cares.. me me me...
Look at me. I'm special. Just curse God and be done with it. Move on and pay attention to ME!
‘She's that little whisper in your head: Go on do it.. nobody will know.’
Can’t find the verse right now but it reminds me of saying: we can do whatever we want to in darkness or in secret, and no one will see.

Proverbs 7:10-27

Reactions: Ziggy

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got so many questions about this guy. First of all,.. I really don't understand as much as I've tried to how he could still be so faithful to God after everything that happened to him because truthfully I don't know if I could. Second of all, Job wasn't Jesus so what does it mean when it says that he never sinned? Thirdly,.. Tim makes a good point here,.. why was his wife left alone? LOL (Oh yeah and why did God allow Satan to kill his kids when they were completely innocent? :( Same with Pharoh's son actually.)

you didn't read the book did you? where did you get the idea that his kids were innocent? also it says "In all this Job sinned not" not that Job was sinless like Jesus, so that shows you didn't read it, did you? thing is, one might not know because one might be one who believes what others tell you what God or the bible says, instead of seeing for one's self, therefore it would seem its just not that important to such.

and yes your avatar is excellent.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds to me like Job wrote his own book.
What does it mean to set your words in order before someone else?
tell me your story, confess,
interesting..
Thank You
Hugs

“What does it mean to set your words in order before someone else?” From Job ‘Teach us what we shall say unto him; for we cannot order our speech by reason of darkness.’

Oddly Paul spoke often of setting things in order. 1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

Not sure what you are asking for in Confessing?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fermented goat milk.
Also oral tradition and age of the writing. It's similar to the Torah.

Is “fermented goat milk” the same as butter?
Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. [15] Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. [16] For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may not be a confessing. I was just thinking about Jeremiah and God gave him a prophecy to give to the King.
He set in order.
And when the King read it, he didnt like what he heard. So he took a penknife and cut it up and threw it in the fire.
The God told Jeremiah make another scroll and I think the 2nd was more severe than the first?

On Job being sinless..
What is sin?
Sin is the seperation between God and man.
Job never fell.
God was with him and he was with God the whole time.
That's why wifey was jealous ..;)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. [15] Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. [16] For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
I like the way you think :D

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No...
LOL

It was a popular, expensive drink for a specific period of time.
It isn't butter.
Contextual clues date the writing is what I was saying.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I love the Book of Job....when I get to a place where I am having a pity party I am reminded of what all Job went through and my situation is peanuts compared to his. It makes me ashamed for how I act and respond to it.
Satan went before God twice...
Job 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
⁷ And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
⁸ And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
⁹ Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
¹⁰ Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
¹¹ But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
¹² And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

And in Chapter 2
Job 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
² And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
³ And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
⁵ But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
⁶ And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

So the first time God allowed Satan to attack all that Job possessed.
The second time God allowed Satan to attack Job.
Now why did God allow this?
2 reasons:
1. The trial by fire to test his faith which we all must experience.
2. Job had a hidden fault in his heart that had to be exposed. And by Job's own words he confessed it...
Job 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
²⁶ I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

So did Job serve God out of love or out of fear?
God wants to purge our hearts of any hidden sin...Job's sin was fear...fear is lack of faith to trust God in all things. This is not the Fear of the Lord....this is fear of the world.

Job became aware of the error of his heart and praised God because He is a Sovereign God and He deals with His people justly.

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the Book of Job....when I get to a place where I am having a pity party I am reminded of what all Job went through and my situation is peanuts compared to his. It makes me ashamed for how I act and respond to it.
Satan went before God twice...
Job 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
⁷ And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
⁸ And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
⁹ Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
¹⁰ Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
¹¹ But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
¹² And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

And in Chapter 2
Job 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
² And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
³ And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
⁵ But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
⁶ And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

So the first time God allowed Satan to attack all that Job possessed.
The second time God allowed Satan to attack Job.
Now why did God allow this?
2 reasons:
1. The trial by fire to test his faith which we all must experience.
2. Job had a hidden fault in his heart that had to be exposed. And by Job's own words he confessed it...
Job 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
²⁶ I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

So did Job serve God out of love or out of fear?
God wants to purge our hearts of any hidden sin...Job's sin was fear...fear is lack of faith to trust God in all things. This is not the Fear of the Lord....this is fear of the world.

Job became aware of the error of his heart and praised God because He is a Sovereign God and He deals with His people justly.

Perhaps, it was that Job was a faultfinder and yet there is no fault to be found in The Lord. Job 40.2

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...
LOL

It was a popular, expensive drink for a specific period of time.
It isn't butter.
Contextual clues date the writing is what I was saying.

‘not sure of contextual clues date the writing’ since (only an opinion) but Job has also that which is unseen and can’t be dated. “When he giveth quietness(rest), who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only: [30] That the hypocrite reign not, lest the people be ensnared. [31] Surely it is meet to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more : [32] That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.

2 Corinthians 4:15-18 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. [16] For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; [18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually find the book of Job more of an ‘ insight ‘ into the bigger battle. Satan challenges God by asking if Job loves him just because he has been blessed. The Lord knew that it went deeper than that with Job.
All of us face adversity, I doubt there is not one of us on this forum that has experienced the pain of loss, grief, betrayal ect. So how is our faith and trust in the Lord when Satan wants us to fall apart, wants us to get angry with God, wants us to doubt. Is our faith deeper or do we just love God when he is sending blessings our way. Job did question, he did address the ‘ why me ‘. In the end he learns a valuable lesson that God is in charge even when we don’t understand.

I always say that if we knew better than God then we would be God ourselves,.. and yeah I was reading that part today actually and I was just thinking about how he starts sinking into somewhat of a depression. I think we've all been there though at some point in our lives.

30 some chapters Job speaks of his righteousness, it’s apparent that he didn’t know Jesus. That’s the reason for the trial.

What are you talking about? Jesus (in the flesh) was long after his time and he definitely loved God.

Job,
This guy is like John the Baptists. He don't speak much but he follows me everywhere.

Nothing happens to her because she is the same self-righteous, nagging know it all, we all know.
It has something to do with being married. And the wife is a part of the man. They are joined in heart and mind and soul.
She is the idol of you in your mind.
She is what is know to man as their better part.
That depends on which side she's on.
For man it should be and always be the Lord is the better part of man.
Christ is the head of the body.

Somehow the story of Esther comes to mind.
And Job's wife was no Esther. nope.
She's the other one..Queen Vashti, oh yes, I had to go find her.
She likes to think she is invisible and messes with your mind
when your not paying attention.

I think Satan is the nagging wife if I had to guess.
She probably would be attending the daily sacrifices with the family. The Holy days and feasts.
And it was all about God. God has taken all his attention away from me!

Look at him Lord. You put this man in my life to worship me.
If everything was to be taken away from him, then he would have to pay attention to ME!
He's more worried about his children than me, his cattle than me, even his friends.
Why is he ignoring me. Just curse him and let him die.
It's as if she is wanting him to commit suicide.
Bring him so much loss and devastation that he will take his own life.

I had an odd thing happen to me once.
My mom had just passed away.
My daughter was in her rebellious stage.
My husband I weren't talking..just cold.
I was tired of working.
I just was so damned depressed.
I was satnding in front of the refrigerator, and I heard this male voice.
It was inside my head but I could hear it with my ears.
So strange..I'll never forget it.
It said: Why don't you just give up and go kill yourself.

Huh? I don't want to kill myself. what are you thinking?
Life isn't that bad. I can get through this.
I literally said out loud: Go away.
I never heard that voice again.

I think it was Job's wife..
Just thinking...
HUGS

Good post and *hugs back* but I was just wondering were you ever a part of CF.com?

you didn't read the book did you? where did you get the idea that his kids were innocent? also it says "In all this Job sinned not" not that Job was sinless like Jesus, so that shows you didn't read it, did you? thing is, one might not know because one might be one who believes what others tell you what God or the bible says, instead of seeing for one's self, therefore it would seem its just not that important to such.

and yes your avatar is excellent.

I was mistaken and yes I'm currently reading through it again that's why I posted a topic about it and thanks for your compliment btw. :D

On Job being sinless..
What is sin?
Job never fell.

So then you're telling me that Job was equal to Jesus?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn't be too hard on Job's exasperated wife.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Job being sinless..
What is sin?
Job never fell.
God was with him and he was with God the whole time.
That's why wifey was jealous ..;)

I don’t know. Afraid to say whether Job was sinless or not. Only there was a trial. And his latter end was more blessed than the first. There is only one way I can think of ‘the latter would be more blessed than the first’ 1 Corinthians 15:45-46 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. [46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

or (only one way) that which was lost is restored with increase Mark 10:29-31 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. [31] But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Last edited: