Jobs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I am just curious as to where God has you right now. Are you working a job? And if so, how is God using you in the job you are in right now?I'll start. I am a sheriff's deputy in Northeastern Colorado. I live in a community that is number 2 (so the talking heads say) in the NATION for methemphatemine abuse. God has placed it in my heart to grieve for those in bondage to addiction and reach out to them. Sometimes they don't agree with my "reaching out" which involves removing them from their environments for a short period (jail). I am seeing God at work within our community and many are giving their lives to Christ and being set free from addiction. I am friends with a local pastor whose core ministry is reaching out to addicts.Sometimes God places us right at the gates of hell but I wouldn't change it for the world!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since I feel I can also share in the adult forum, I will do so.I currently work at the Statehouse here in South Carolina as a Page. It's a small start and a small, virtually meaningless job in the grand scheme of things but I have been in on some conversations about legislation and such. I've learned so much as well.I guess you can say that I feel like I'm getting closer to my calling. I heard a quote from Albert Einstein and I fell in love with it immediately.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
I keep it with me a lot in my mind and it's my firm belief and desire that I need to try and do something. I honestly don't quite know what for sure but it may very well be in the political world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
ok swampfox we'll let you sit with the adults ,but if you start fidgiting and making funny faces your back with the youths

teric

Jul 11, 2006
My wife and I are currently about to finish up a one year missionary work in the Philippines. Soon we will be heading back to the states only to listen to Lord and see where or what he wants us to do next!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
That sounds like it could have been interesting,what is the main religion there?hope ya dont get sent to Alaska or some place else really cold it could cause a case of weather shell shock (lol)

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(gibby;109)
I am just curious as to where God has you right now. Are you working a job? And if so, how is God using you in the job you are in right now?I'll start. I am a sheriff's deputy in Northeastern Colorado. I live in a community that is number 2 (so the talking heads say) in the NATION for methemphatemine abuse. God has placed it in my heart to grieve for those in bondage to addiction and reach out to them. Sometimes they don't agree with my "reaching out" which involves removing them from their environments for a short period (jail). I am seeing God at work within our community and many are giving their lives to Christ and being set free from addiction. I am friends with a local pastor whose core ministry is reaching out to addicts.Sometimes God places us right at the gates of hell but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Good topic. I run a health business from home. I also do different things in a community and listen a lot of people's sad stories. Try to be encouragement to them. God has blessed me so much and I want to give back. Doors just open, but I have to take those steps too. I used to work in child care for 7 years, that was that season, I worked in a nursing home. Now I teach self -defence for women and girls and started to help at Sunday school. I love to meet different people from different backgrounds, people are interesting. And you are able to put God's seeds over here ,over there. God is awesome !