John 3:16, The Word World, and New Testament Usage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you are trying to PERVERT that verse and its meaning, let's give you another one which you will not be able to pervert: And He [Christ] is the Propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2)

So now will you falsely tell us that this verse does not belong in the Bible? Or will you admit your heresy?

Enoch111, you add your free-willian philosopy into the scripture, but God gave us "do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6), and the following demonstrates specifically where you add to scripture.

The Apostle John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for [those of] the whole world" (1 John 2:2).

The Apostle John also wrote "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19).

Notice "the whole world" occurs twice in the same book with the same author.

Since you say "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 means every person everywhere can choose salvation, then your interpretation of "the whole world" has you yourself as part of "the whole world" lying in the evil one per 1 John 5:19.

The Apostle John further wrote "you have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:13), and John uses the "you" to refer to Christians exclusively; therefore, no Christian lies in the evil one.

Because John wrote "you have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:13), then this means Christians are beyond the evil one; therefore, no Christian lies in the evil one.

This means that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include the children of God for we are Christians.

This means that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include every person everywhere because Christians are not included.

This means that you, Enoch111, have not overcome the evil one since you include yourself in "the whole world" thus including yourself as lying in the evil one.

The "lies" or "lying" in the evil one is similar to "abides" or "abiding" in the evil one, so there is a tight relationship between you and the evil one.

This means that free-will supporting persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) are not Christians, and it is the free-will supporting persons definition of "world" that effectually makes such free-will supporting persons Non-Christians, that is, unbelievers.

This also means the word "world" does not have to mean every person everywhere when the word "world" is used in the Bible.

These two different meanings for the word "world", "the whole world", occur in one book of the New Testament.

It is time to return to 1 John 2:2.

John was writing to God's own people in the Book of the First Letter of John (1 John), so the context is believers. This means the letter is contextually from the perspecive of believers. This affects the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 such that "the whole world" refers to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who God is yet to work faith/belief in the Son of God whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

Behold, John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 2:2) - that "our" and the upcoming "our" are believers like I mentioned in the prior paragraph. John also wrote "and not for ours only, but also for the whole world" - that "the whole world" mentioned by John refers to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who are yet to be imparted the work of God, faith/belief, in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

In 1 John 2:2, the word "world" does not include person that currently have been imparted the work of God, faith/belief, in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) because John led with "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only", so John uses "our" for exclusively current believers and John uses "world" for exclusively future believers.

The word "world" in 1 John 2:2 is the population of persons who are yet to be imparted the work of God that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

The word "world" in 1 John 5:19 is the population of persons who have NOT been imparted the work of God that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29), and this population of persons includes persons that will not be imparted faith/belief before such persons die.

Behold, the two different populations of persons represented by "world" in the Book of the First Letter of John (1 John).

This is just like the original post series included 1 John 2:2 and 1 John 5:19.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "world" in the New Testament books is translated from three different Greeks words. 15 times from Greek word #3625, oikumene which refers to the first century Roman Empire (Luke 2:1; 4:5; 21:26).

In the New Testament, kosmos is used in a variety of ways, depending upon the context in which the word occurs. “World” may have reference to the material universe. To the Athenians, Paul declared that God “made the world and all things therein” (Acts 17:24). Kosmas may be restricted to the earth’s environment.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "world" in the New Testament books is translated from three different Greeks words. 15 times from Greek word #3625, oikumene which refers to the first century Roman Empire (Luke 2:1; 4:5; 21:26).

In the New Testament, kosmos is used in a variety of ways, depending upon the context in which the word occurs. “World” may have reference to the material universe. To the Athenians, Paul declared that God “made the world and all things therein” (Acts 17:24). Kosmas may be restricted to the earth’s environment.

That's interesting about the word world. In Luke 2:1 it's translated as inhabited earth in the NASB.

Nonetheless, all of the references to world in the original post series are sourced from the Greek word kosmos, Strong's #2889.

The impact of context is tremendous upon the word kosmos, and it reveals a powerful, spiritual Truth .(John 14:6).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whose sins is the issue. Was it or was it not for the sins of the whole world (John 1:29)? Therefore trying to pervert the meaning of "world" to change doctrine is an attack on the true Gospel.

You responded on another thread, but you fail to respond to this thread's post to you about the context of John 3:14-16 and Matthew 12:27.

You also fail to respond to this thread's post to you about 1 John 2:2, 1 John 5:19, and 1 John 2:13.

Now, just as @Daniel Veler pointed out, you changed the singular of "sin" to "sins" in "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29), and while unbelief of person in the Messiah is included in the "sin" mentioned by John the Baptist, the word "world" has a context because John also said "I did not recognize Him" (John 1:31) in the same speech; therefore, John the Baptist needed God to reveal the Lamb of God to John himself (John 1:32-33). This means that God is the One that does the work in man that reveals the Christ to man of which man has no control (this means not even the work of a choice). It also goes for all persons that God does the revealing of Jesus to man for Lord Jesus says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears, Robert Gwin, that you missed an essential point that Lord Jesus makes regarding "believe" for which no man can "believe" without the work of God which is that a person believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent (John 6:29). This is brought up in the original posting series.

Because God controls who will believe according to Jesus' words, then not all will believe for there are persons who go to hell such as persons that do not receive His words (John 12:48).

Christians are under many laws sir, believing in Jesus is not really a work, it is a belief, you are correct however that it is definitely a requirement, no one who does not believe in Jesus who is accountable, will inherit everlasting life, in my opinion anyway.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are under many laws sir, believing in Jesus is not really a work, it is a belief, you are correct however that it is definitely a requirement, no one who does not believe in Jesus who is accountable, will inherit everlasting life, in my opinion anyway.

Robert Gwin, you wrote "believing in Jesus is not really a work"; on the other hand, Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Notice how your thoughts directly contradict the Word of God (John 1:14).

Righteous belief/faith is not something that man directs this way or that. Man is incapable of choosing Jesus, for so says the King of Glory with "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

"Choosing" is a work, and Paul clearly wrote that man is not saved by the works of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), and Paul wrote that saved man is a work of God (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert Gwin, you wrote "believing in Jesus is not really a work"; on the other hand, Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Notice how your thoughts directly contradict the Word of God (John 1:14).

Righteous belief/faith is not something that man directs this way or that. Man is incapable of choosing Jesus, for so says the King of Glory with "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

"Choosing" is a work, and Paul clearly wrote that man is not saved by the works of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), and Paul wrote that saved man is a work of God (Ephesians 2:8-10).

You believe there is one God do you?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe there is one God do you?

I believe in one eternal God, existing as three distinct and equal persons being Love (Genesis 1:26 [plurality], Isaiah 48:16 [all three mentioned], Romans 1:7 [Father], John 8:58 [Son, referring back to Exodus 3:14], John 15:26 [Spirit], 1 John 4:8 [Love]).

That word "believe" which you include in your post, Robert Gwin, is significant to the discussion at hand about the word "world".

Lord Jesus says "that whoever believes in Him shall not perish" in "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:14-16).

The Word of God uses the word "believes" a couple of times in John 3:14-16.

Wondrously, the Christ attributes "that you believe in Him whom He has sent", notice the word "believe" therein, to "the work of God" (John 6:29).

Let me include the full declaration of the Christ "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

All this means that both of the "believes" in John 3:14-16 are "the work of God" (John 6:29).

All this means that the word "believes" in John 3:16 is "the work of God" (John 6:29).

A contingency string occurs in John 3:16 delineated by the word "that", such that "world" depends on the giving of the Son which in turn depends on whoever believes in Him; therefore, the "world" in John 3:16 includes only persons believing in Jesus.

The original post series covers much of this, Robert Gwin.

Do you believe that a person believing in Jesus whom the Father has sent is the work of God?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in one eternal God, existing as three distinct and equal persons being Love (Genesis 1:26 [plurality], Isaiah 48:16 [all three mentioned], Romans 1:7 [Father], John 8:58 [Son, referring back to Exodus 3:14], John 15:26 [Spirit], 1 John 4:8 [Love]).

That word "believe" which you include in your post, Robert Gwin, is significant to the discussion at hand about the word "world".

Lord Jesus says "that whoever believes in Him shall not perish" in "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:14-16).

The Word of God uses the word "believes" a couple of times in John 3:14-16.

Wondrously, the Christ attributes "that you believe in Him whom He has sent", notice the word "believe" therein, to "the work of God" (John 6:29).

Let me include the full declaration of the Christ "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

All this means that both of the "believes" in John 3:14-16 are "the work of God" (John 6:29).

All this means that the word "believes" in John 3:16 is "the work of God" (John 6:29).

A contingency string occurs in John 3:16 delineated by the word "that", such that "world" depends on the giving of the Son which in turn depends on whoever believes in Him; therefore, the "world" in John 3:16 includes only persons believing in Jesus.

The original post series covers much of this, Robert Gwin.

Do you believe that a person believing in Jesus whom the Father has sent is the work of God?

Those who believe in God will do His will Kermos. The Bible has to be taken as a whole, as it does not contradict, and many times a verse is not all there is to the point. The point is that those who truly believe will show that by their works. There is no doubt in my mind that those workers of lawlessness believed to a great degree in Jesus Mat 7:21-23, however they chose to worship as they desired rather than doing the will of Jesus' God Jehovah. Faith without obedience to the assignment given by Jesus, as well as the other regulations of the faith will not result in a favorable judgment, in my opinion anyway.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe in God will do His will Kermos. The Bible has to be taken as a whole, as it does not contradict, and many times a verse is not all there is to the point. The point is that those who truly believe will show that by their works. There is no doubt in my mind that those workers of lawlessness believed to a great degree in Jesus Mat 7:21-23, however they chose to worship as they desired rather than doing the will of Jesus' God Jehovah. Faith without obedience to the assignment given by Jesus, as well as the other regulations of the faith will not result in a favorable judgment, in my opinion anyway.

You are evading the question that I posed to you.

Matthew 7:15-27 is where Lord Jesus explains that people will either display fruit of the flesh or fruit of the Spirit of God.

Believers display fruit of the Spirit of Christ, but unbelievers display fruit of the flesh.

The Word of God also explains the destination of believers, and He explains the destination of unbelievers.

The believers foundation is God and the works of God in us believers, so eternal life is for believers (John 3:36).

The unbelievers foundation is an image of their own creation, so eternal punishment is for unbelievers (John 3:36).

People that are imparted belief in Jesus whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) display fruit of the Spirit of Christ.

Now, back to the question I posed to you:

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are evading the question that I posed to you.

Matthew 7:15-27 is where Lord Jesus explains that people will either display fruit of the flesh or fruit of the Spirit of God.

Believers display fruit of the Spirit of Christ, but unbelievers display fruit of the flesh.

The Word of God also explains the destination of believers, and He explains the destination of unbelievers.

The believers foundation is God and the works of God in us believers, so eternal life is for believers (John 3:36).

The unbelievers foundation is an image of their own creation, so eternal punishment is for unbelievers (John 3:36).

People that are imparted belief in Jesus whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) display fruit of the Spirit of Christ.

Now, back to the question I posed to you:

No sir, I believe doing the assignment Jesus gave as well as the other commandments put upon Christians is the work. I believe in my Geo Metro, but it took very little actual work to believe that vehicle was manufactured and exists. Jesus said very clearly to exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate Luke 13:24 I don't think he meant to believe in him harder. A person either believes in something or not, most people believe in Jesus, yet the Bible points out that few find him.

One thing is for certain, all those who do receive salvation will in fact believe in Jesus. But most who believe in him will not as seen in those verses we were discussing in Matthew.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, I believe doing the assignment Jesus gave as well as the other commandments put upon Christians is the work. I believe in my Geo Metro, but it took very little actual work to believe that vehicle was manufactured and exists. Jesus said very clearly to exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate Luke 13:24 I don't think he meant to believe in him harder. A person either believes in something or not, most people believe in Jesus, yet the Bible points out that few find him.

One thing is for certain, all those who do receive salvation will in fact believe in Jesus. But most who believe in him will not as seen in those verses we were discussing in Matthew.

Oh, Robert Gwin, you just wrote that you do not believe Lord Jesus who says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29), yet a Christian believes Lord Jesus, but you claim to be a Christian per your site profile, yet nonchristians reject Lord Jesus and fail to receive Lord Christ's words leading to the point that such a person "has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48) according to Lord Jesus.

Then, you proceed to explain that works are required to gain entrance at the narrow gate (Luke 13:24), but Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God just as Matthew 7:15-27 is where Lord Jesus explains that people will either display fruit of the flesh or fruit of the Spirit of God.

Another place where Master Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God is when the Word of God says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

His words of "wrought in God" are very telling, Robert Gwin.

Yet another place where Pastor Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God is when the Word of God says "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

Behold King Jesus' words of "apart from Me you can do nothing" which clearly indicates that a person can do NO righteous works/deeds/fruit apart from Yeshua Messiah!

Essentially, Robert Gwin, with your words of "exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate", you try to steal righteous works/deeds/fruit, and it is written "You shall not steal" (Exodus 20:15), so your position is very scary eternally.

Moreover, you place yourself before God by claiming your works/deeds/fruit are that which delivers you for salvation, so you portray yourself as a god saving youself, yet it is written "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), so your position is very scary eternally.

Only persons rooted in Jesus who receive the work of God of believing in Jesus whom the Father has sent are persons saved from the wrath of God.

A person rooted in Jesus with righteous belief/faith displays the evidence of a person saved from the wrath of God by way of fruit of the Spirit of God.

On the other hand, the lawless, being persons exposed to Lord Jesus' words yet who do not act on Lord Jesus' words, are condemned to an eterity of punishment, just as we were discussing related to the Matthew's writing.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, Robert Gwin, you just wrote that you do not believe Lord Jesus who says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29), yet a Christian believes Lord Jesus, but you claim to be a Christian per your site profile, yet nonchristians reject Lord Jesus and fail to receive Lord Christ's words leading to the point that such a person "has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48) according to Lord Jesus.

Then, you proceed to explain that works are required to gain entrance at the narrow gate (Luke 13:24), but Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God just as Matthew 7:15-27 is where Lord Jesus explains that people will either display fruit of the flesh or fruit of the Spirit of God.

Another place where Master Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God is when the Word of God says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

His words of "wrought in God" are very telling, Robert Gwin.

Yet another place where Pastor Jesus attributes righteous works/deeds/fruit in man to God is when the Word of God says "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

Behold King Jesus' words of "apart from Me you can do nothing" which clearly indicates that a person can do NO righteous works/deeds/fruit apart from Yeshua Messiah!

Essentially, Robert Gwin, with your words of "exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate", you try to steal righteous works/deeds/fruit, and it is written "You shall not steal" (Exodus 20:15), so your position is very scary eternally.

Moreover, you place yourself before God by claiming your works/deeds/fruit are that which delivers you for salvation, so you portray yourself as a god saving youself, yet it is written "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), so your position is very scary eternally.

Only persons rooted in Jesus who receive the work of God of believing in Jesus whom the Father has sent are persons saved from the wrath of God.

A person rooted in Jesus with righteous belief/faith displays the evidence of a person saved from the wrath of God by way of fruit of the Spirit of God.

On the other hand, the lawless, being persons exposed to Lord Jesus' words yet who do not act on Lord Jesus' words, are condemned to an eterity of punishment, just as we were discussing related to the Matthew's writing.

pisteuvw Pisteuo (pist-yoo'-o);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 4100

1. to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
    1. of the thing believed
      1. to credit, have confidence
    2. in a moral or religious reference
      1. used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
      2. to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith 1bc) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith
  2. to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
    1. to be intrusted with a thing
KJV Word Usage and Count
believe 239
commit unto 4
commit to (one's) trust 1
be committed unto 1
be put in trust with 1
be commit to one's trust 1
believer 1

The word has a broad range of meanings Kermy. Above is the way it is rendered in the KJV, committed to is more applicable in that verse. Believe me all who believe in Jesus will not make it Mat 7:21-23, as Jesus said doing the will of his Father are the ones who will inherit the Kingdom of God. Belief in Jesus is the beginning point of one's relationship with God.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pisteuvw Pisteuo (pist-yoo'-o);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 4100

1. to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
    1. of the thing believed
      1. to credit, have confidence
    2. in a moral or religious reference
      1. used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
      2. to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith 1bc) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith
  2. to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
    1. to be intrusted with a thing
KJV Word Usage and Count
believe 239
commit unto 4
commit to (one's) trust 1
be committed unto 1
be put in trust with 1
be commit to one's trust 1
believer 1

The word has a broad range of meanings Kermy. Above is the way it is rendered in the KJV, committed to is more applicable in that verse. Believe me all who believe in Jesus will not make it Mat 7:21-23, as Jesus said doing the will of his Father are the ones who will inherit the Kingdom of God. Belief in Jesus is the beginning point of one's relationship with God.

All your thoughts do not change the fact that Christ says "This is the work of God, that you pisteuete in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). "Pisteuete" is translated as "believe", but "are committed" also works.

Without that "believe", one does not get eternal life with God (John 3:14-16, John 14:6).

Lord Jesus did not say that believers will not make it as recorded by the Apostle Matthew (Matthew 7:15-27, so your so-called proof text is not proof of your thoughts at all about "believe".

Specifically, Christ says:
  • "Not everyone" (Matthew 7:20), but He did not say "Not believers".
  • "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord'" (Matthew 7:21), but He did not say "Believers will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord'".
  • "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME" (Matthew 7:23), but He did not say "And then I will declare to these believers, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME".

Unbelievers are the "everyone" (Matthew 7:20), "many" (Matthew 7:21), and "them" (Matthew 7:23).

Christians are believers, and nonchristians are unbelievers, so please see this post regarding your thoughts of John 6:29 versus Christ's declaration.

It sounds to me, based on your final sentence, that you persist to hold yourself in the position of a god (Exodus 20:3) by claiming good fruits are of yourself thus you are still trying to steal from God (Exodus 20:15).

It is fruit of the Spirit of God to do the will of Jesus' Father, my Father, all believer's Father, who is in heaven, this doing the will is a good work/deed/fruit in a person wrought by God (John 3:21).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All your thoughts do not change the fact that Christ says "This is the work of God, that you pisteuete in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). "Pisteuete" is translated as "believe", but "are committed" also works.

Without that "believe", one does not get eternal life with God (John 3:14-16, John 14:6).

Lord Jesus did not say that believers will not make it as recorded by the Apostle Matthew (Matthew 7:15-27, so your so-called proof text is not proof of your thoughts at all about "believe".

Specifically, Christ says:
  • "Not everyone" (Matthew 7:20), but He did not say "Not believers".
  • "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord'" (Matthew 7:21), but He did not say "Believers will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord'".
  • "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME" (Matthew 7:23), but He did not say "And then I will declare to these believers, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME".

Unbelievers are the "everyone" (Matthew 7:20), "many" (Matthew 7:21), and "them" (Matthew 7:23).

Christians are believers, and nonchristians are unbelievers, so please see this post regarding your thoughts of John 6:29 versus Christ's declaration.

It sounds to me, based on your final sentence, that you persist to hold yourself in the position of a god (Exodus 20:3) by claiming good fruits are of yourself thus you are still trying to steal from God (Exodus 20:15).

It is fruit of the Spirit of God to do the will of Jesus' Father, my Father, all believer's Father, who is in heaven, this doing the will is a good work/deed/fruit in a person wrought by God (John 3:21).

Yes sir, Christians are believers, there isn't one who isn't. No sir, I am not God, nor a god, I am simply one of Christ's disciples who have accepted the actual work that he assigned to his disciples found at Mat 28:19,20. My final sentence was stating the beginning of a Christians trek, John 17:3

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, Christians are believers, there isn't one who isn't. No sir, I am not God, nor a god, I am simply one of Christ's disciples who have accepted the actual work that he assigned to his disciples found at Mat 28:19,20. My final sentence was stating the beginning of a Christians trek, John 17:3

Christians do not fail to receive Christ's words (John 12:48), and you wrote that you reject these words of Jesus "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Believers do not fail to receive Christ's words (John 12:48), and you wrote that you reject these words of Jesus "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) because you persist in your claim that your works are yours alone when you wrote your words of "exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate".

Christ's disciples receive Christ's words (John 8:51), yet you wrote "I am simply one of Christ's disciples who have accepted the actual work" with that word "accepted" indicating that you "chose Jesus", yet Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world (John 15:19, includes salvation); therefore, you claim to do precisley that which Lord Jesus say you cannot do.

The Word of God reserved the choice of who gets saved unto God (John 15:16, John 15:19); on the other hand, you claim to be saved by your own power by your deeds, that is, your work of a choice.

Scripture clearly states being saved in not by works (Ephesians 2:8-10), on the other hand, you claim that your works save you.

Christians are saved from the wrath of God by God and by God alone and there is no work that man can do to be saved from the wrath of God.

Since you say that you can do (choose Jesus) that which God says you cannot do (choose Jesus) that which God reserves unto God (God chooses man), then you put yourself in the position of being a god.

It is written "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), yet according to your own admission you take the seat of a god, so your position is very scary eternally.

Behold, Robert Gwin, that your writing of "No sir, I am not God, nor a god" opposes these Scriptures John 15:16, John 15:19, and Exodus 20:3.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians do not fail to receive Christ's words (John 12:48), and you wrote that you reject these words of Jesus "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Believers do not fail to receive Christ's words (John 12:48), and you wrote that you reject these words of Jesus "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) because you persist in your claim that your works are yours alone when you wrote your words of "exert ourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate".

Christ's disciples receive Christ's words (John 8:51), yet you wrote "I am simply one of Christ's disciples who have accepted the actual work" with that word "accepted" indicating that you "chose Jesus", yet Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world (John 15:19, includes salvation); therefore, you claim to do precisley that which Lord Jesus say you cannot do.

The Word of God reserved the choice of who gets saved unto God (John 15:16, John 15:19); on the other hand, you claim to be saved by your own power by your deeds, that is, your work of a choice.

Scripture clearly states being saved in not by works (Ephesians 2:8-10), on the other hand, you claim that your works save you.

Christians are saved from the wrath of God by God and by God alone and there is no work that man can do to be saved from the wrath of God.

Since you say that you can do (choose Jesus) that which God says you cannot do (choose Jesus) that which God reserves unto God (God chooses man), then you put yourself in the position of being a god.

It is written "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), yet according to your own admission you take the seat of a god, so your position is very scary eternally.

Behold, Robert Gwin, that your writing of "No sir, I am not God, nor a god" opposes these Scriptures John 15:16, John 15:19, and Exodus 20:3.

Have a great day sir

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have a great day sir

May the Lord Jesus richly bless you with His wondrous works of Life (John 14:6)!

People of the world do not believe the Truth (John 14:6).

The Truth declares "he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21). Jesus Christ, Lord and God (John 20:28) is the Light of people (John 1:4).

The phrase "comes to the Light" includes the beginning of the Christian walk, so the beginning of the Christian walk is manifested as being "wrought in God". Glory to God in the highest!

The phrase "he who practices the Truth" includes works/deeds/fruit of the Holy Spirit of God indwelling Christians in the Way (John 14:6), so we Christians practicing works/deeds/fruit of the Holy Spirit are manifested as being "wrought in God". Glory to God in the highest and peace toward men with whom God is pleased!

According to God's good pleasure, God causes people of the world to be born from above (John 3:3-8) as well as God imparts inside persons belief/faith in Jesus whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) thus causing these chosen persons of God to no longer be of the world while God also transitions these persons into the glorious Kingdom of God. By God's grace, for God's glory!

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excerpted:
The Word of God conclusively proves that the context establishes the "world" as the population of believers, God's chosen persons, existing or yet to be ONLY.

Would that then necessarily mean God chose those people that would die in their sins? And , going a step further, would necessarily have to be the author of sin and evil because those are characteristics of dying in sin and of sin itself?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excerpted:
The Word of God conclusively proves that the context establishes the "world" as the population of believers, God's chosen persons, existing or yet to be ONLY.

Would that then necessarily mean God chose those people that would die in their sins? And , going a step further, would necessarily have to be the author of sin and evil because those are characteristics of dying in sin and of sin itself?

Man is accountable for man's sin (Romans 1:20, Romans 3:19, Romans 5:12); in other words, God is not accountable for the sins of man.

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself" (Ezekiel 18:20).

Have you even looked at scripture, Amazed@grace? You don't quote ANY scripture to support your "step further" thesis, which are your thoughts, not God's thoughts. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9)