John 3:16, The Word World, and New Testament Usage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering the use of the word "world".

People of the "world" do not believe the Truth (John 14:6).

The Truth declares "he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21). Jesus Christ, Lord and God (John 20:28) is the Light of people (John 1:4).

The phrase "comes to the Light" includes the beginning of the Christian walk, so the beginning of the Christian walk is manifested as being "wrought in God". Glory to God in the highest!

The phrase "he who practices the Truth" includes works/deeds/fruit of the Holy Spirit of God indwelling Christians in the Way (John 14:6), so we Christians practicing works/deeds/fruit of the Holy Spirit are manifested as being "wrought in God". Glory to God in the highest and peace toward men with whom God is pleased!

According to God's good pleasure, God causes people of the world to be born from above (John 3:3-8) as well as God imparts inside persons belief/faith in Jesus whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) thus causing these chosen persons of God to no longer be of the world while God also transitions these persons into the glorious Kingdom of God. By God's grace, for God's glory!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is accountable for man's sin (Romans 1:20, Romans 3:19, Romans 5:12); in other words, God is not accountable for the sins of man.

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself" (Ezekiel 18:20).

Have you even looked at scripture, Amazed@grace? You don't quote ANY scripture to support your "step further" thesis, which are your thoughts, not God's thoughts. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9)
I did not post a thesis.
I asked a series of questions as pertained to your thesis, and that part of it that I excerpted from post #2:)

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not post a thesis.
I asked a series of questions as pertained to your thesis, and that part of it that I excerpted from post #2:)

You're acting coy, Amazed@grace, because your questions contain your thesis.

You excerpted a single sentence from a scripturally rich writing upon which the sentence is dependent and declares the goodness of God to deliver persons of the world from the wrath of God along with the Power of God to keep God's children assuredly secure in the salvation imparted by God! God is good to save any rebellious persons.

That paragraph explained much regarding your second question, in which you reveal your thesis which effectively is that God being in control of man's salvation makes God evil.

Concerning your second question, there is this, Lord Jesus says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18), so God is good.

I provided scripture that demonstrates the fallacy of your first question's thesis in my previous post to you.

There is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're acting coy, Amazed@grace, because your questions contain your thesis.

You excerpted a single sentence from a scripturally rich writing upon which the sentence is dependent and declares the goodness of God to deliver persons of the world from the wrath of God along with the Power of God to keep God's children assuredly secure in the salvation imparted by God! God is good to save any rebellious persons.

That paragraph explained much regarding your second question, in which you reveal your thesis which effectively is that God being in control of man's salvation makes God evil.

Concerning your second question, there is this, Lord Jesus says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18), so God is good.

I provided scripture that demonstrates the fallacy of your first question's thesis in my previous post to you.

There is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!
Wow.
Well, one thing is certain. You are talking to yourself there.
You project upon me an enormous amount from your state of mind.
I asked questions that pertained to your opinion in the multi-part OP.

You don't answer those. Instead you project further your personal opinion that conceived this thread topic, attribute that to me, take jmbrage that I'd dare think that way, and then post scripture that you think demonstrates "my" perspective was error.

Wow!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.
Well, one thing is certain. You are talking to yourself there.
You project upon me an enormous amount from your state of mind.
I asked questions that pertained to your opinion in the multi-part OP.

You don't answer those. Instead you project further your personal opinion that conceived this thread topic, attribute that to me, take jmbrage that I'd dare think that way, and then post scripture that you think demonstrates "my" perspective was error.

Wow!

Wow, I cite the authoritative Word of God which shows the fallacy of your question's embedded thesis, but you admittedly seek opinion, wow.

Amazed@grace, God made the world and everything in it, all people, the saved and the unsaved, even people who will never be saved, this is Christian teaching, as it is written:

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being (John 1:3).

The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil (Proverbs 16:4).

Even under free-willian theology, the wicked are made, so your thesis argues against your thoughts.

God is good (see this scripture rich post), and a person is solely accountable for that person's sin (see this scripture rich post).

The original post series is accurate according to the Word of God, and the word "world" in John 3:16 is the population of persons currently are or in the future to be imparted the work of God unto salvation that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow, I cite the authoritative Word of God which shows the fallacy of your question's embedded thesis, but you admittedly seek opinion, wow.

Amazed@grace, God made the world and everything in it, all people, the saved and the unsaved, even people who will never be saved, this is Christian teaching, as it is written:

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being (John 1:3).

The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil (Proverbs 16:4).

Even under free-willian theology, the wicked are made, so your thesis argues against your thoughts.

God is good (see this scripture rich post), and a person is solely accountable for that person's sin (see this scripture rich post).

The original post series is accurate according to the Word of God, and the word "world" in John 3:16 is the population of persons currently are or in the future to be imparted the work of God unto salvation that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).
I know what it is now.
I asked a series of questions for you to elaborate on your thesis in the OP.

You, unable to answer, which is not a bad thing unless one deflects upon the questioner, me, because one is not able to answer the questions.

These links may assist you in future. This way you will know the actual difference between a thesis, your OP, and a querrent, myself and my post #39.
I hope this effort proves fruitful for your edification.
God bless.:)

Thesis:noun, plural the·ses [thee-seez]. a proposition stated or put forward for consideration, especially one to be discussed and proved or to be maintained against objections: He vigorously defended his thesis on the causes of war. a subject for a composition or essay.

How to Write a Thesis Statement: Writing Guides: Writing Tutorial Services: Indiana University Bloomington
A strong thesis statement takes some sort of stand. Remember that your thesis needs to show your conclusions about a subject. For example, if you are writing a paper for a class on fitness, you might be asked to choose a popular weight-loss product to evaluate.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what it is now.
I asked a series of questions for you to elaborate on your thesis in the OP.

You, unable to answer, which is not a bad thing unless one deflects upon the questioner, me, because one is not able to answer the questions.

These links may assist you in future. This way you will know the actual difference between a thesis, your OP, and a querrent, myself and my post #39.
I hope this effort proves fruitful for your edification.
God bless.:)

Thesis:noun, plural the·ses [thee-seez]. a proposition stated or put forward for consideration, especially one to be discussed and proved or to be maintained against objections: He vigorously defended his thesis on the causes of war. a subject for a composition or essay.

How to Write a Thesis Statement: Writing Guides: Writing Tutorial Services: Indiana University Bloomington
A strong thesis statement takes some sort of stand. Remember that your thesis needs to show your conclusions about a subject. For example, if you are writing a paper for a class on fitness, you might be asked to choose a popular weight-loss product to evaluate.

Thanks for providing the definition of thesis, Amazed@grace, because your interrogatives were your not-so-veiled proposition which is that God exclusively in control of man's salvation is evil in your sight.

Amazed@grace, you squeeze your eyes shut when you wrote that your questions went unaddressed because of the Word of God in the original post series and this scripture rich post reply to you about man's sole accountability for sin and this scripture rich reply post detailing the goodness of God and this scripture rich post declaring God the Creator of both the unsaved and the saved.

You made zero posts in which you cite scripture in this thread to this point, Amazed@grace, so it makes me wonder if scripture has any value for you at all.

May the Lord Jesus Christ grant you ears to hear His Truth!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the exact meaning of the word "world" in the New Testament Bible? In this context, "the world" is anything that isn't of God's Kingdom - anything that promotes sin/isn't of God. I've also heard that Christians shouldn't joke around or have too much fun because it's 'worldly'. What a load of bollocks! That's not the truth'

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the exact meaning of the word "world" in the New Testament Bible? In this context, "the world" is anything that isn't of God's Kingdom - anything that promotes sin/isn't of God. I've also heard that Christians shouldn't joke around or have too much fun because it's 'worldly'. What a load of bollocks! That's not the truth'

I didn't notice a context for where you wrote "this context", tsr, and your final three sentences are off topic, unless you were making a related point that you didn't specify.

Regarding the word "world", please consider "The God who made the world and all things in it" (Acts 17:24), so Paul used a context for kosmos/world that includes that which is of God's Kingdom. Christian's are in the world, notice "in it" in Acts 17:24 (John 17:11), yet Christians are not of the world (John 15:19).

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for providing the definition of thesis, Amazed@grace, because your interrogatives were your not-so-veiled proposition which is that God exclusively in control of man's salvation is evil in your sight.

Amazed@grace, you squeeze your eyes shut when you wrote that your questions went unaddressed because of the Word of God in the original post series and this scripture rich post reply to you about man's sole accountability for sin and this scripture rich reply post detailing the goodness of God and this scripture rich post declaring God the Creator of both the unsaved and the saved.

You made zero posts in which you cite scripture in this thread to this point, Amazed@grace, so it makes me wonder if scripture has any value for you at all.

May the Lord Jesus Christ grant you ears to hear His Truth!
May God protect this church from the dark intentions of the Poe clan. In Jesus name, Amen.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May God protect this church from the dark intentions of the Poe clan. In Jesus name, Amen.

Amazed@grace, you pray for protection from the manga series fictional Poe clan of which the series follows the life of a teenage vampire (per Wikipedia).

Not only have you failed to mention a single citation from the Holy Word (John 1:14), but you now incorporate, quite literally, evil worldly literature philosophy into your prayer life (Colossians 2:8).

If one does not know Lord Jesus Christ as the Word of God reveals Himself through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13), then one do not know Jesus.

Read the Word of God, Amazed@grace!!! Here's a link to the beginning Genesis 1:1-31 NASB1995;KJV;YLT - The Creation - In the beginning God - Bible Gateway

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazed@grace, you pray for protection from the manga series fictional Poe clan of which the series follows the life of a teenage vampire (per Wikipedia).

Not only have you failed to mention a single citation from the Holy Word (John 1:14), but you now incorporate, quite literally, evil worldly literature philosophy into your prayer life (Colossians 2:8).

If one does not know Lord Jesus Christ as the Word of God reveals Himself through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13), then one do not know Jesus.

Read the Word of God, Amazed@grace!!! Here's a link to the beginning Genesis 1:1-31 NASB1995;KJV;YLT - The Creation - In the beginning God - Bible Gateway
There you are again presuming from your seat to tell me what I believe, again. And again getting it wrong because you are not here to speak of nor to what is right .

I've not been a teenager for a great many years. While you tell us in your post you're aware if a teenage vampire clan that till your post I've never heard of.

Poe’s Law - Dictionary.com

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Enoch111,

Am curious to know from you : you do not have to answer.

What is the true Gospel to you?

What is it you are trying to explain about this scripture?

John 1:29 On the morrow he seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

(I personally believe that Jesus Christ paid, and took away the sin of the whole world - Universe.)

~ Though the sin of unbelief does still exist because people do not believe, and are dead in their sins because ; of yet to believe and be spiritually reborn, and made alive in Christ.

~ Reborn Christians in and through Christ; are able to live by the spirit who believe. Those who are not believing are not yet spiritually reborn.

(I believe all people even if they have yet to come to believe have had their sins paid for but that does not mean we continue to sin so that grace may abound! God forbid ~ Romans 6:1-13) ~ A reborn believers life changes through out their relationship with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

(Seems to me as though not everyone is saved to the kingdom of salvation without any faith, or having belief in God or the Lord Jesus Christ.)

Some may disagree or may not believe that, but there seems to be enough scripture to support the Lord Jesus Christ having paid for the sin of all (people) with-in the world.

first the word gospel is a translation to mean the good news. The good news of Christ. How that God sent his only begotten Son into the world that we may through him recieve the righteousness of God. All those who hear the good news of Christ and are drawn by the Father come to Have trust in Christ. The trust I speak of is the gift of trust that is given to us through his Holy Spirit. Which you can also read as on of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. All those who know Christ hear and know the truth in Christ.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first the word gospel is a translation to mean the good news. The good news of Christ. How that God sent his only begotten Son into the world that we may through him recieve the righteousness of God. All those who hear the good news of Christ and are drawn by the Father come to Have trust in Christ. The trust I speak of is the gift of trust that is given to us through his Holy Spirit. Which you can also read as on of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. All those who know Christ hear and know the truth in Christ.
That's a great note, to consider the etymology of "gospel". :)
gospel | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you are again presuming from your seat to tell me what I believe, again. And again getting it wrong because you are not here to speak of nor to what is right .

I've not been a teenager for a great many years. While you tell us in your post you're aware if a teenage vampire clan that till your post I've never heard of.

Poe’s Law - Dictionary.com

You did NOT post "Poe's Law" originally, rather you posted "Poe clan" in your post on this page; therefore, based on YOUR POST, I looked up YOUR POST'S CONTENT of "Poe clan" to discover that YOUR POST contained a reference in YOUR POST'S PRAYER about a manga series that follows a teenage vampire.

Now, you are very off topic, so back to topic.

There are persons of the "world" who think they are Christian, yet they go on and on without mentioning Lord Jesus Christ's works or His words as well as largely neglecting the mention of the Word's Name, Yeshua. Christians love to talk about Christ.

The word "world" in John 3:16 is the population of persons currently are or in the future to be imparted the work of God unto salvation that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

The original post series shows various meanings of the word "world" in the NT Books, including John 3:16, just mentioned.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You did NOT post "Poe's Law" originally, rather you posted "Poe clan" in your post on this page; therefore, based on YOUR POST, I looked up YOUR POST'S CONTENT of "Poe clan" to discover that YOUR POST contained a reference in YOUR POST'S PRAYER about a manga series that follows a teenage vampire.

There are persons of the "world" who think they are Christian, yet they go on and on without mentioning Lord Jesus Christ's works or His words as well as largely neglecting the mention of the Word's Name, Yeshua. Christians love to talk about Christ.

The word "world" in John 3:16 is the population of persons currently are or in the future to be imparted the work of God unto salvation that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

The original post series shows various meanings of the word "world" in the NT Books, including John 3:16, just mentioned.
My apologies. I should have been specific when addressing you; Poe's law clan.

Referring to Christians in third person?

Yes, we live to serve and talk about Christ here and in our personal life.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies. I should have been specific when addressing you; Poe's law clan.

Referring to Christians in third person?

Yes, we live to serve and talk about Christ here and in our personal life.

Your apology is confused with "Poe's law clan", yet God is not of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).

You question third person, so you exhibit linguistic difficulty. I suggest you take a class on English and composition.

And, relatedly, in your most recent post, you still fail to discuss Christ's words as well as Christ's works nor do you speak of how great Christ is, yet we Christians love to talk about Lord Christ's works and Christ's words and the wonderfulness of Christ Jesus Himself.

PRAISE BE TO LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO, BY HIS GLORIOUS POWER, SAVES EVIL PEOPLE, SNATCHES PERSONS RIGHT OUT OF THE WORLD, CLEANSES PERSONS IN HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD, PAID THE PRICE FOR THE WRATH OF GOD SO THAT WE WHO DO NOTHING TO SAVE OURSELVES ARE IN HIM FOREVER PRAISING AND WORSHIPING GOD JOYFULLY! (EPHESIANS 2:1-10)

Last edited: