John MacArthur on N.T. Wright

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I'm new and journeying down the list of threads here.

I didn't watch the OP video. I am aware of Mr. MacArthur. He has a history of criticizing pastors, and from the pulpit. And in other forums.

I don't find that to be appropriate. God's messengers are those whom God has annointed with the blessings of God's spirit to speak God's words to the world.
God will reveal the false ones in God's time.

Sermonizing against a brother or sister in Christ is bad form and the image and likeness of a bully. And I see that as sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why do I try explaining things over and over to some here?

"Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." James 5 :20,21

Posting a verse, no context, just ...........nothing.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I didn't watch the OP video. I am aware of Mr. MacArthur. He has a history of criticizing pastors, and from the pulpit. And in other forums.

I don't find that to be appropriate. God's messengers are those whom God has annointed with the blessings of God's spirit to speak God's words to the world.

Sermonizing against a brother or sister in Christ is bad form and the image and likeness of a bully. And I see that as sin.

You have excellent english skills for a person from : Denmark.

That's extremely unusual ...... "new member"...

- my compliments.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
You have excellent english skills for a person from : Denmark.

That's extremely unusual ...... "new member"...

- my compliments.
I'm an American living in Denmark. Home state is Florida.

I was asked current location information on the registration page.

Thank you though for the compliment.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another confusing podcast video creation, this time where two theologians/historians and scholars are pitted against each other where the victor is neither one of them; only their puppeteer, mediator, referee and its creator.

It is a Binitarian view, with the same strange misleading neo-form of semi-Pelagianism of a self-works-self-righteousness and holiness scheme with the same goal of maintaining sainthood in the Kingdom by walking on the narrow secret gnostic-type higher walking plane where its human creator takes more credit of being self-saved or being saved as one of the few elite saints, than crediting the the grace of God, his real creator, for it all.

I think the thread creator should take Wrangler's advice and lay out the gist of his thread with more clarification for the wider audience. I'm sure they will understand it, if of course you can clearly articulate it all into words.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another confusing podcast video creation, this time where two theologians/historians and scholars are pitted against each other where the victor is neither one of them; only their puppeteer, mediator, referee and its creator.

LOL I'm merely a commentator, trying to find the good points they make...and showing how each is only seeing a partial picture. That's why they are able to disagree so fervently. The puppet master is not human. The lack of unity comes from a lack of understanding of eternal life....and a lack of experience of the cross.
It is a Binitarian view, with the same strange misleading neo-form of semi-Pelagianism of a self-works-self-righteousness and holiness scheme with the same goal of maintaining sainthood in the Kingdom by walking on the narrow secret gnostic-type higher walking plane where its human creator takes more credit of being self-saved or being saved as one of the few elite saints, than crediting the the grace of God, his real creator, for it all.

I think the thread creator should take Wrangler's advice and lay out the gist of his thread with more clarification for the wider audience. I'm sure they will understand it, if of course you can clearly articulate it all into words.

The purpose of my channel is to promote a spiritual Christianity based on a spiritual brotherhood. I'm convinced that most would not see this as an option....preferring to go with what they already know.

And no video or post can lay out the entire spectrum of God's way in Christ. Unlike what religious ideologues would have us accept.....the truth has many subtleties that are not understood by a human reasoning.

I wrote a book that covers that kind of more detailed explanation. It's a pretty big book.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I see. Thank you.
I would have thought quoting my post would indicate this. I appreciate your explanation.

And i would have thought that the best reference to "bully" would best fit John MacAuthur, as this very loud heretic is at least that much.

His idea of receiving salvation is submission to Jesus, vs, Faith in Jesus.

His gospel is (paraphrase).. "The Gospel of your blind commitment to slavery to Jesus, FIRST< and if you will agree, then God will have you".

And that is about as despiteful an insult to the Cross of Christ....as you can falsely present as : "The Gospel of the Grace of God", as has ever been created.

John Calvin, denies the Cross by Limiting it... but MacAuthor just gets rid of the Grace of God, altogether.

Galatians 1:8 is on Him like sand is found on a beach in Hawaii.

That doctrine of devils AUTHOR..... is reinterpreting the Blood Atonement as outrageous legalism.

MacAuthur takes the "GIFT of Salvation" right out of the Cross of Christ.

That one is Luke 11:35... = x10.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hey...when you get a chance, have a listen and leave your comments. :)