John's First Phrase of 1 John 2:18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
We have the full gospel according to Saint John. He teaches nothing about a single antichrist coming. John is straightening out false doctrine that has reached the ears of His little children.

Truman was a first baptist minister (false Prophet) who made fire come down out of heaven in the sight of men.
The type have setup their false versions of Christ in the temple of the body showing themselves that they are god in their understanding since long before you were born.

That's exactly how the workers of iniquity work, they don't understand God's Word, so they always misapply Scripture to some worldy carnal notion outside the parameters of God's Word, and then push among the Churches. It is impossible to apply the false working of the one Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2:3-4, and Jesus in Matt.24:23-26, to ANY flesh born man of the past, or of the future.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
That's exactly how the workers of iniquity work, they don't understand God's Word, so they always misapply Scripture to some worldy carnal notion outside the parameters of God's Word, and then push among the Churches. It is impossible to apply the false working of the one Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2:3-4, and Jesus in Matt.24:23-26, to ANY flesh born man of the past, or of the future.

You guys really impress me!

2 Thessalonians 2:3 ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

This is what I've got to say about your post Veteran...

Believe it not.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You guys really impress me!

2 Thessalonians 2:3 ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

This is what I've got to say about your post Veteran...

Believe it not.

There is only 'one' who tried that sin before, and God ended his rebellion in that time of old. And there's only 'one' that particular sin for the last days will fit, and it certainly will not be any flesh born man.

Or did you miss Rev.12:3-4 about the dragon's kingdom of old that he first rebelled with, and drew a third of the stars (angels) to earth with? Or maybe, did you miss who that dragon of Rev.13 is, even after... Jesus explained it to us in Rev.12:9? Obviously, you missed that, because you'd rather listen to men instead of God's Holy Writ.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
God did not need to make separate languages to stop the building of the tower of Babel...he needed only change their language to English.

Whenever I refer to the anti-christ I refer to theanti-christ that protrays the evil one with power in scripture. However, I do understand there are a multitude of little antichrists from the local pagan biker to the witch doctor selling love potion numer 9.

Oh that reminds me... i gotta go pickup a roller skate so I can mount it on her broom so she will have landing gear.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God did not need to make separate languages to stop the building of the tower of Babel...he needed only change their language to English.

Whenever I refer to the anti-christ I refer to theanti-christ that protrays the evil one with power in scripture. However, I do understand there are a multitude of little antichrists from the local pagan biker to the witch doctor selling love potion numer 9.

Oh that reminds me... i gotta go pickup a roller skate so I can mount it on her broom so she will have landing gear.

Understand the in-depth meaning about the singular "anithcirst" is one thing, understanding about the plural "many antichrists" which are his workers, is another thing. BOTH subjects are covered in God's Word. And that's the truly important part about it that I've continuously been pointing to on this forum.

There's a specific 'pseudo-Christ' that is coming in the last days to play Christ. The early Church fathers understood that point too, and also understood that's who John was talking about in his first phrase of 1 John 2:18, and also understand that's who Paul was talking about in 2 Thess.2:3-5 with the son of perdition that sits in a stone temple in Jerusalem proclaiming himself as God, and over all that is called God or that is worshipped.

That has been an established and understood prophecy for the end throughout Christian history beginning all the way back to the 1st century A.D. So when one hears a later idea that directly counters that, then it means to sharpen up and take heed about where it's originating. And the later doctrine of men that there is no singular antichrist figure coming, is an idea that directly counters what our Lord Jesus and His Apostles, and the later disciples all taught about it.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran gave this scripture:
"
I Jn 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
(KJV) "

It is scripture such as this I have the most problems. When is was stated centurys ago and yet those hearing it were not of the tie of Revelation nor Tribulation.... now is it possible that it could be claimed it is at the door. Possibly that during the time of Revelations everyone that ever lived is alive, re-incarnated to go through Revelation or Tribulation then it makes sense, But considering the generations that die between when it was written and when Revelation begins brings me to an impass of understanding this prophecy.
Why say it is at the door when it is not even within their present lifetime?

Vet wrote:
" Understand the in-depth meaning about the singular "anithcirst" is one thing, understanding about the plural "many antichrists" which are his workers, is another thing. BOTH subjects are covered in God's Word. And that's the truly important part about it that I've continuously been pointing to on this forum. "

I have always understood that point.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran gave this scripture:
"
I Jn 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
(KJV) "

It is scripture such as this I have the most problems. When is was stated centurys ago and yet those hearing it were not of the tie of Revelation nor Tribulation.... now is it possible that it could be claimed it is at the door. Possibly that during the time of Revelations everyone that ever lived is alive, re-incarnated to go through Revelation or Tribulation then it makes sense, But considering the generations that die between when it was written and when Revelation begins brings me to an impass of understanding this prophecy.
Why say it is at the door when it is not even within their present lifetime?

It would depend on who's time reference is being used. With a secular non-Christian in John's day they would most likely assign that idea as being in their own lifetime. But the secular view often does not align to God's timelines in His Word. So Apostle John who was taught by our Lord Jesus directly would most likely reference which?

Contrast Peter's "last time" in 1 Pet.1:5 with John's "last time" in 1 John 2:18, but per the Greek. The "last time" of John is actually 'last hour' per the Greek. Peter's is more like a season.

Don't you recall the labourers in the field that worked for only "one hour" and received the same as those who worked all day? (Matt.20). What about Christ's reference to asking His disciples why they couldn't 'watch' with Him "one hour"? (Matt.26). Remember He told us to 'watch' in relation to the tribulation time. Paul did too with watch and remain sober. What about the ten kings of Rev.17 that only receive power with the beast for "one hour"? What is being shown about the time period of the ten virgins waiting for the bridegroom, and then he comes at midnight? What about the "eleventh hour" when the householder went out to find labourers? All of those are tribulation time references, i.e., the last 'hour' prior to Christ's return. So God's Word even uses the concept of one hour to represent the 1260 days tribulation period. Thus 'hour' can apply to a specific period in God's Word in a general sense. That's how John is using that "last time" ('last hour' per the Greek).