Joshua 1:9:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Interpretation, the Lord does not command that you follow him, because he is content to follow you wherever you go and be your strength in a weary world

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Interpretation, the Lord does not command that you follow him, because he is content to follow you wherever you go and be your strength in a weary world

To follow Jesus is commanded and expected, otherwise you are not sheep. It is the only way we learn that we can trust him, which is what that verse actually means.

1 John 5:18.
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

John 10:
4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

and

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To follow Jesus is commanded and expected, otherwise you are not sheep. It is the only way we learn that we can trust him, which is what that verse actually means.

1 John 5:18.
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

John 10:
4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

and

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Is not the wolf a creation of the Lord as well?
st-francis.jpg

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the wolf a creation of the Lord as well?
st-francis.jpg

Uhhh....
That wolf is going to return with some friends and eat you...

Their population is getting out of control and people are dying because of their numbers...they have lost their fear of man and that ain't a good thing.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understanding. God created EVERYTHING. What kind of false doctrine are you mixed up in where the sheep do not have to follow their shepherd to be safe.
You are assuming that all people are content to be sheep, when many choose to be the Shephard himself. Sheep follow aimlessly, is that the Lords plan for you?

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh....
That wolf is going to return with some friends and eat you...

Their population is getting out of control and people are dying because of their numbers...they have lost their fear of man and that ain't a good thing.
How many should die to suit your needs?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming that all people are content to be sheep, when many choose to be the Shephard himself. Sheep follow aimlessly, is that the Lords plan for you?

If we choose to be our own master, we will follow our carnal nature and burn in hell. I choose to be a sheep and follow the Good Shepherd who gives me eternal life, having changed my nature to partake of the divine nature of God 2 Peter 1:2-4

Reactions: teamventure

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we choose to be our own master, we will follow our carnal nature and burn in hell. I choose to be a sheep and follow the Good Shepherd who gives me eternal life, having changed my nature to partake of the divine nature of God 2 Peter 1:2-4
You are free to be a following sheep. The Lord has other plans for me.

If you look around close enough you will see lost sheep, the moment you choose to lead one you become the shepherd

So will you leave the lost sheep lost? or lead the way

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Both of you are missing out on the metaphors Jesus used...
A follower/sheep were his disciples. Not the average person on the street who is religion affiliated.
The Pharisees were actively trying to convince them they were wrong in following Jesus.

That didn't mean that each of the 12 Apostles weren't supposed to think for themselves. Judas did not do it right and that didn't turn out so well. But the others most definitely got it right more often than not.

And those who had done some time herding sheep and goats together know that you have to watch the goats...they tend to wander off moreso than the sheep blindly following them.
That's what the rod and staff were for...

Of course the wolves eat sheep. Goats too.
The wolf doesn't belong to anyone except his group of wolves. But both the sheep and goats belong to the shepherd.

But there's nothing about not having independent thought in scripture.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many should die to suit your needs?
Enough for several wardrobes worth of clothes for the homeless.

In the wilderness areas of Alaska...ok fine...
In the mountain areas with people? Need to get rid of them. They have grown to unsustainable levels...more than what the local wild game population can feed. Especially with the hunters.

Reactions: Nancy

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of you are missing out on the metaphors Jesus used...
A follower/sheep were his disciples. Not the average person on the street who is religion affiliated.
The Pharisees were actively trying to convince them they were wrong in following Jesus.

That didn't mean that each of the 12 Apostles weren't supposed to think for themselves. Judas did not do it right and that didn't turn out so well. But the others most definitely got it right more often than not.

And those who had done some time herding sheep and goats together know that you have to watch the goats...they tend to wander off moreso than the sheep blindly following them.
That's what the rod and staff were for...

Of course the wolves eat sheep. Goats too.
The wolf doesn't belong to anyone except his group of wolves. But both the sheep and goats belong to the shepherd.

But there's nothing about not having independent thought in scripture.
Actually the Shepherd is the wolf, this is the mystery of the Lord

124680f0c1a0451f757338fb8c414e84--baby-lamb-father.jpg

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are free to be a following sheep. The Lord has other plans for me.

If you look around close enough you will see lost sheep, the moment you choose to lead one you become the shepherd

So will you leave the lost sheep lost? or lead the way

If you, yourself, do not have the Good Shepherd leading you, you will be a false prophet, claiming to be Christ, yourself.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough for several wardrobes worth of clothes for the homeless.

In the wilderness areas of Alaska...ok fine...
In the mountain areas with people? Need to get rid of them. They have grown to unsustainable levels...more than what the local wild game population can feed. Especially with the hunters.
Perhaps the people need to leave the mountains and share the Earth with Gods creatures

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you, yourself, do not have the Good Shepherd leading you, you will be a false prophet, claiming to be Christ, yourself.
Wrong because the Lord does not lead me, he follows me wherever I go. God made all the creatures, I am no sheep

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the people need to leave the mountains and share the Earth with Gods creatures
Absolutely unscriptural...

Man is to live symbiotically with the planet and cultivate it and tame it. Not let it go wild.

Mary thought that Jesus resurrected was a gardener for a reason... because He was gardening...just like Adam and Eve was supposed to do.

Which means taking out the predators so the livestock can flourish. Just like what Able was regularly tending.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lion with the lamb...
Not the wolf with the sheep.

And that's a German Shepherd...not a wolf.
Absolutely unscriptural...

Man is to live symbiotically with the planet and cultivate it and tame it. Not let it go wild.

Mary thought that Jesus resurrected was a gardener for a reason... because He was gardening...just like Adam and Eve was supposed to do.

Which means taking out the predators so the livestock can flourish. Just like what Able was regularly tending.
Well too bad the wolves are here to stay, by the grace of God. Elk populations are up, because the sick are not reproducing, when man interferes in Gods plan as you encourage disaster is the result always

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong because the Lord does not lead me, he follows me wherever I go. God made all the creatures, I am no sheep

I already told you the meaning of the verse. You think too highly of yourself, and are seduced by the dark side if you cannot humble yourself and follow the Lord.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well too bad the wolves are here to stay, by the grace of God. Elk populations are up, because the sick are not reproducing, when man interferes in Gods plan as you encourage disaster is the result always
Probably not...
Hey I'm all for environmentalism until the day it starts costing lives of people. And most people agree with me on that. Aren't you a people?
Several states are beginning to put bounties on the critters...they don't pay taxes and keep ranchers and hunters from paying them. Guess who loses? The wolves.
So in areas where the wolves are encroaching on people...their days are numbered. I think relegating them to the wilderness areas is sufficient. They breed like rabbits.