Daniel 9:27 the covenant to be confirmed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why it will be the Mt. Sinai covenant.

Deuteronomy 31, Moses starts off by speaking to all Israel, i.e. the people gathered together, saying that he was 120 years old and not as fit as he once was. And that the LORD told him he would not be entering the promised land. But also informing them that God will destroy the nations in the land that they would inherit.

Then after giving some encouraging words to Joshua, in verses 7-8, Moses wrote a law which is essentially instructions to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant on a 7 year basis and handed it to the priests there that day.

9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

In the law, instructions, Moses commanded them to

10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

So the cycle was set after that first seven years. And has been done every seven years since - unless circumstances like being in exile from the land prevented it. It has not been done in recent times because of the access issue to the temple mount.

Moses continued....

11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

The place of God's choosing is currently taken to be the temple mount by the Jews. I was informed by the Jews (Judaism) themselves of their position.

12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

So the whole nation is going to be a participant to confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant of God giving the promised land as their forever.
You can see how that would not go over with Muslims under the current circumstances. So it will be done once the Muslim presence is removed from the temple mount - i.e. following Gog/Magog.

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Moses was intent that future generations would not forget everything the children of Israel of his generation went through under the Mt. Sinai covenant by which God gave them the promised land as theirs forever.

-----------------------------------------------

So that ceremonial event will be overseen by the Antichrist on the feast of tabernacles from the temple mount. A big speech, confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant for the 7 year cycle established by Moses. The false prophet will also take part in the ceremony in my view.

confimratin of the covenant.jpg

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Deuteronomy 31, Moses starts off by speaking to all Israel, i.e. the people gathered together, saying that he was 120 years old and not as fit as he once was. And that the LORD told him he would not be entering the promised land. But also informing them that God will destroy the nations in the land that they would inherit.

Then after giving some encouraging words to Joshua, in verses 7-8, Moses wrote a law which is essentially instructions to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant on a 7 year basis and handed it to the priests there that day.

9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

In the law, instructions, Moses commanded them to

10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

So the cycle was set after that first seven years. And has been done every seven years since - unless circumstances like being in exile from the land prevented it. It has not been done in recent times because of the access issue to the temple mount.

Moses continued....

11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

The place of God's choosing is currently taken to be the temple mount by the Jews. I was informed by the Jews (Judaism) themselves of their position.

12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

So the whole nation is going to be a participant to confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant of God giving the promised land as their forever.
You can see how that would not go over with Muslims under the current circumstances. So it will be done once the Muslim presence is removed from the temple mount - i.e. following Gog/Magog.

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Moses was intent that future generations would not forget everything the children of Israel of his generation went through under the Mt. Sinai covenant by which God gave them the promised land as theirs forever.

-----------------------------------------------

So that ceremonial event will be overseen by the Antichrist on the feast of tabernacles from the temple mount. A big speech, confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant for the 7 year cycle established by Moses. The false prophet will also take part in the ceremony in my view.

View attachment 44009
Let's see some New Covenant Scripture confirming that it will be the old Mt. Sinai covenant.

In Scripture and in law, a New Covenant transcends an old covenant.

You'll have to explain this:

2 Corinthians 3 NASB
5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves so as to consider anything as having come from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,
6 who also made us adequate as servants of a New Covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

That was fulfilled 2,000 years ago at Calvary. Matthew 26:28

Reactions: jeffweeder

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see some New Covenant Scripture confirming that it will be the old Mt. Sinai covenant.

In Scripture and in law, a New Covenant transcends an old covenant.

You'll have to explain this:

2 Corinthians 3 NASB
5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves so as to consider anything as having come from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,
6 who also made us adequate as servants of a New Covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

That was fulfilled 2,000 years ago at Calvary. Matthew 26:28
The Jews still go by the old covenant which established the daily sacrifice to be stopped in the middle part of the 7 years.

Also the 70 weeks are determined upon the Jews and Jerusalem. So it is important to know the Jews' position. Not that they are right concerning the New Covenant in Christ, but as a matter of what will take place.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jews still go by the old covenant which established the daily sacrifice to be stopped in the middle part of the 7 years.

Also the 70 weeks are determined upon the Jews and Jerusalem. So it is important to know the Jews' position. Not that they are right concerning the New Covenant in Christ, but as a matter of what will take place.
The Jews' position is irrelevant, because it is untenable, illegitimate, and invalid. It matters naught what they go by.

It will not take place, because in both law and Scripture, two covenants cannot prevail simultaneously.

The New has irrevocably replaced the old. Hebrews 8:13; 10:9

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffweeder

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews' position is irrelevant, because it is untenable, illegitimate, and invalid. It matters naught what they go by.

It will not take place, because in both law and Scripture, two covenants cannot prevail simultaneously.

Since the 70 weeks are determined upon the Jews and Jerusalem, what the Jews believed does matter.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since the 70 weeks are determined upon the Jews and Jerusalem, what the Jews believed does matter.
70 weeks, determined by Messiah the Prince 2,000 years ago.

Not determined by the Jews.

Not 69 weeks and one undetermined decapitation.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70 weeks, determined by Messiah the Prince 2,000 years ago.

Not determined by the Jews.

Not 69 weeks and one undetermined decapitation.
Not determined "by" the Jews. But determined upon the Jews.

Daniel 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not determined "by" the Jews. But determined upon the Jews.

Daniel 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
True.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That covenant is gone so there is no possibility of that happening in our future.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The new covenant was a better one and established on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

The first covenant had faults. If it would have had no faults then a second one would never have been created.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

A new covenant not according to the original. That proves the new covenant is not simply the old one "renewed" and "refreshed".

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The first covenant was made "old" and decayed from "death" which is what happens to something which is old and has been replaced.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Amen.
The Messiah of Dan 9 confirms a new covenant, as per Jesus own teaching of a new and living way through his own blood.
Hence, we have ourselves an end to sin and iniquity and transgression and the everlasting fruits of righteousness that come with this.
Glory be to God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: covenantee