Just curious....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember hearing Aretha Franklin singing while I was in my crib. My parents said it didn't happen. But I remember the lyric "I say a little prayer for you."

I don't remember the layout of the house I was in.
I believe you. :) I had someone tell me about 4 or 5 years ago that some sort of science proves that people can't remember before like age 2 or 3. That's simply not true! Lol

@Wynona I also have a memory that I know was from infancy. All I remember is the patterns on some fabric. It was teapots and teacups and the colors were olive green and orange on a beige background. (Typical 1970's.) I must've been in the kitchen with my mom while she was doing things because my eyes fixed on that long enough to stay in my mind.

After I came to Christ, the Lord walked me through memories from early infancy (being burned over and over by a cigarette in private areas). He also walked me through memory held by a prebirth split part of me who didn't want to be born because she felt the evil hands of satan ready to receive her as soon as she was birthed. (Birth ritual.) The Lord brought me through those memories for the purpose of healing those parts of me.

It doesn't matter if our brains were fully developed or what science says. This is what the Word of God says.

Proverbs 20:27
[27]The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

There is a part of us God created called neshamah which is the spirit of man, that is able to search out even to the inward parts of the belly. The Hebrew word for "belly" means "womb." So yes, there is a part of us that goes beyond just the physical brain and it's ability to remember. Yet, science does prove out that "the body remembers." Memories are stored in the body ....not just in the brain. If God needs us to remember anything, it doesn't matter if it was in the womb ....or any age ...He has given us neshamah which is the candle or lamp of God. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him Memories need editing sometimes; a memory needs to be a forgettery, at times...
God doesn't edit memories. God is about bringing us to truth. That's why He has brought me to prebirth, birth, and infancy memories so that I could know the truth, and be free from the traumas and the deep wounding that occurred because of those events. He may (and does) edit our beliefs that we latched onto...rather, He reveals the lies and uproots them, replacing the lies with truth.

For instance, during certain traumas, I was taught lies.... "I'm bad; I'm the seed of satan, God can't receive me; I'm dirty; love is painful/pain is love; I'm unlovable; I can't have anything good; I don't want to be alive...." on and on..... these lies that we latched onto during trauma is exactly why God brings us back to those memories and reveals the roots of those lies so that He can then offer our hearts His truth. FREEDOM!!!!

John 8:32
[32]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't edit memories. God is about bringing us to truth. That's why He has brought me to prebirth, birth, and infancy memories so that I could know the truth, and be free from the traumas and the deep wounding that occurred because of those events. He may (and does) edit our beliefs that we latched onto...rather, He reveals the lies and uproots them, replacing the lies with truth.

For instance, during certain traumas, I was taught lies.... "I'm bad; I'm the seed of satan, God can't receive me; I'm dirty; love is painful/pain is love; I'm unlovable; I can't have anything good; I don't want to be alive...." on and on..... these lies that we latched onto during trauma is exactly why God brings us back to those memories and reveals the roots of those lies so that He can then offer our hearts His truth. FREEDOM!!!!

John 8:32
[32]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Amen!

We've been imprinted with narratives that are not true. We are to walk in truth. Whether we can just receive that truth and walk in it, or if we have to untangle the whole messiness of our lives to be able to reject the lies so we can receive the truth, whatever works, that's what I say. Whatever we need God will provide, and in the exact way we need.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

We've been imprinted with narratives that are not true. We are to walk in truth. Whether we can just receive that truth and walk in it, or if we have to untangle the whole messiness of our lives to be able to reject the lies so we can receive the truth, whatever works, that's what I say. Whatever we need God will provide, and in the exact way we need.

Much love!
The reason God says to train up a child in the way he should go is .....because when he is old, he will not depart from it. It takes a divine work of God to undo our ungodly "training up." Sometimes, we have lies that have become strongholds and we don't know why they're there. This is why He takes us to the root and exposes it. And if we allow Him full reign, and trust He will keep us through the process, He'll do exactly that.

An example of how He brought me to His freeing truth is when a 3 year old alter personality came forward with a trauma memory ....being brutally s.xually abused by her (my) daddy on the bathroom floor. This little one believed she was bad and dirty and that even her love was dirty because she still loved her daddy even though he did those things.
The Lord came (at her request) and showed her this ..... a huge ugly dark mass (the sexual abuse, etc), and out of the midst of that dark ugly mass ...a light shined. He said that light was her love for her daddy. He said the love was pure like that light because it came from Him. He said it was the light of that love that kept her/me through all that darkness. And it was that love that drew her/my heart to Himself and allowed me to forgive, and that love then (through me) drew my dad's heart to Himself.

After He brought me to that truth, I was freed from those lies ...and that alter was able to receive that truth and integrate.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember hearing Aretha Franklin singing while I was in my crib. My parents said it didn't happen. But I remember the lyric "I say a little prayer for you."

I don't remember the layout of the house I was in.
I believe you dear sister . You would be amazed at what one can remember .

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was an infant and my parents were next door showing me off to the neighbors. I remember them passing me around and I was so upset because it hurt how they were holding me, under my arms and I had no way to tell them. Then my dads scratchy beard sent me over the edge and I remember being very upset and throwing a tantrum!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was an infant and my parents were next door showing me off to the neighbors. I remember them passing me around and I was so upset because it hurt how they were holding me, under my arms and I had no way to tell them. Then my dads scratchy beard sent me over the edge and I remember being very upset and throwing a tantrum!
Even as dumb as i seem , even this wee thing can remember yesterday , I think . It was november . i hope i got the month right . LOL .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason God says to train up a child in the way he should go is .....because when he is old, he will not depart from it. It takes a divine work of God to undo our ungodly "training up." Sometimes, we have lies that have become strongholds and we don't know why they're there. This is why He takes us to the root and exposes it. And if we allow Him full reign, and trust He will keep us through the process, He'll do exactly that.
Amen!!

The brain gets written and then we're a baked cake. But God is greater than even these horrors!

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you. :) I had someone tell me about 4 or 5 years ago that some sort of science proves that people can't remember before like age 2 or 3. That's simply not true! Lol

@Wynona I also have a memory that I know was from infancy. All I remember is the patterns on some fabric. It was teapots and teacups and the colors were olive green and orange on a beige background. (Typical 1970's.) I must've been in the kitchen with my mom while she was doing things because my eyes fixed on that long enough to stay in my mind.

After I came to Christ, the Lord walked me through memories from early infancy (being burned over and over by a cigarette in private areas). He also walked me through memory held by a prebirth split part of me who didn't want to be born because she felt the evil hands of satan ready to receive her as soon as she was birthed. (Birth ritual.) The Lord brought me through those memories for the purpose of healing those parts of me.

It doesn't matter if our brains were fully developed or what science says. This is what the Word of God says.

Proverbs 20:27
[27]The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

There is a part of us God created called neshamah which is the spirit of man, that is able to search out even to the inward parts of the belly. The Hebrew word for "belly" means "womb." So yes, there is a part of us that goes beyond just the physical brain and it's ability to remember. Yet, science does prove out that "the body remembers." Memories are stored in the body ....not just in the brain. If God needs us to remember anything, it doesn't matter if it was in the womb ....or any age ...He has given us neshamah which is the candle or lamp of God. :)
not saying whether i can or cant remember before age two , but still I KNOW THIS SCIENCE STUFF is bunk .
I gaurantee babies can remember well before that age and many things too .
Of course as i said above , i know i can remember , at least YESTERDAY . It was NOVEMBER , and i fully persauded i am right . LOL .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like seeing the old pics of our town which often get posted on Facebook.
@Pearl Oh yes; in recent years there has arisen a sort of publishing industry in many localities, giving pictorial histories of a town or city.... If the place is already well known to the reader, such publications can be fascinating...