Just For Catholics.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds as if your claiming Peter was a little quick to open his mouth prior to the gifting of the Holy Spirit, if this is the case then I agree?
"Epostle" forgets that the church universal, both Protestant and Catholic, is headed by Christ, and not by Peter or any successor!
Ephesians 5:23; Collosians 1:18

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic apologist Scott Hahn was a Presbyterian minister who converted to Catholicism. But in spite of his seminary education, he is seriously confused about fundamental Bible truths. No need to listen to Scott Hahn and his pro-Catholic propaganda.

Here's a gem from Hahn: "Hebrews is unique in the emphasis it places on "covenant" as a cultic and liturgical institution."

Anyone familiar with the book of Hebrews can see that this is TOTAL NONSENSE. There is nothing cultic or liturgical about the New Covenant which is the focus of the book of Hebrews.
Hahn publishes what i call bubble gum theology. Its simplistic at best. All one has to do to counter rc theology is simply say 'show me'. It all falls like a house of cards.

Reactions: Enoch111

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner will be ignored.
Epostle will be ignored by all, because he denies the scriptures I referenced.

CAtholic Douay Rheims Bible-
Eph. 5[23] Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body.
Col. 1[18] And he is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he may hold the primacy:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep misquoting 1 Tim 3:15...just fyi. .
Not true. You have accepted the 1,500 year teaching and I have accepted the 2,000 year teaching.....soooo whomever taught you what you believe about 1 Timoty 3:15 taught you wrong....you should ignore them.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true. You have accepted the 1,500 year teaching and I have accepted the 2,000 year teaching.....soooo whomever taught you what you believe about 1 Timoty 3:15 taught you wrong....you should ignore them.
You should open a Bible and compare what it says with what you wrote.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should open a Bible and compare what it says with what you wrote.

I meant to say you have accepted the 500 year teaching (not 1,500 year teaching) which is the teaching of the Reformers....I apologize for that mistake.

But I am curious about your theory.....Who is "the church" spoken of in 1 Timothy 3:15 if it is not "The Church"?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Epostle" forgets that the church universal, both Protestant and Catholic, is headed by Christ, and not by Peter or any successor!
According to your theory if there is no successor then we can all teach what we want and we would all be right.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant to say you have accepted the 500 year teaching (not 1,500 year teaching) which is the teaching of the Reformers....I apologize for that mistake.

But I am curious about your theory.....Who is "the church" spoken of in 1 Timothy 3:15 if it is not "The Church"?
What theory? You didn't cite the verse in it's entirety. And it makes a difference. That's fact, not a theory.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your theory if there is no successor then we can all teach what we want and we would all be right.
All who are "born again" of His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, are to hear the "mind of Christ" that is deposited within them, as they study His words (John 3:3-8).
KJV- John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
RCC-DR Bible-John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he will show you.
> Because Jesus is "the truth", the Holy Spirit will only teach/guide us into His Truth.
Therefore, concerning every biblical topic, among men "there can always be more than one lie, but by His Spirit, there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the church is universal and headed by Christ then why is Christ giving the Protestant and the Catholics different interpretations of Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
> Because Jesus is "the truth", the Holy Spirit will only teach/guide us into His Truth.
Therefore, concerning every biblical topic, among men "there can always be more than one lie, but by His Spirit, there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.
Sooooo why is the Holy Spirit telling all the Protestant leaders different "truths"?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't admit you misquoted the verse huh? Let's get past this first, it's been out there a while.
I already made it clear what I believe about 1 Peter 3:15.....You failed...:(

edit

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is "the church" spoken of in 1 Timothy 3:15?
15 but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how men ought to behave themselves in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
> Every "born again" Christian is the very dwelling place of God the Father and God the Son.
As Jesus' physical body was the Living temple (house) for God the Father, so also we who are "born again of His Spirit", are the temple (house) of the Living God.
John 2[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

1 Cor. 3[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?