Just Wanted To Introduce Myself And Tell You All A Bit About My Ministry Efforts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved Family In Christ,
My name is Regan Channel. I have recently become laid off and due to my lay off have been doing a considerable amount of thinking and praying about the opportunity to put my time to use serving God. My fiance and I are wanting to be able to reach out to younger people and those who have been struggling with addictions and other life problems.
Though I never graduated college due to some health problems years ago I did make it over half way through my Associates Degree in human services/counseling a few years ago. I have had several classes in drug and alcohol counseling as well as my own testimony that I feel would be of help to others in getting them off the streets and helping them turn their lives over to God before they get into the trouble that I found myself in.
I was born and raised in a family of strong Christian believers but fell completely apart at the age of 18 and traded my Christian walk in for a life of crime and chaos. Now at 44 years old I feel like I have a very loving and positive testimony of God's love to share with others. In January of this year I turned my life back over to Christ and was born again. I was tired of living the life of a two time felon and junkie and God rescued me from this with His true love.
Since then God has worked miracles in my fiance's and my life and we would love to be able to share this with others. My fiance has been at my side throughout the past two years not to mention she already had a testimony to share when we got together. We both desire to work together hand in hand to help others who are struggling.
I was recently laid off from my job as a plumber and have decided that now is the time to give back. I have been getting into writing my book more. I have been encouraged by several who have read my writing to continue writing and I hope that you folks will soon get a chance to read some of it as well.
Kellee and I both want to reach out and share this good news with other addicts and perhaps put some Bible studies together to help others and possibly share our testimony at churches across the nation.
However, I am new to setting all of this up and do not know where to even begin. So with that being said any suggestions would be appreciated as well as prayers.
Thank You And God Bless You,
Regan Channel

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My name is Regan Channel. I have recently become laid off and due to my lay off have been doing a considerable amount of thinking and praying about the opportunity to put my time to use serving God. My fiance and I are wanting to be able to reach out to younger people and those who have been struggling with addictions and other life problems.
Though I never graduated college due to some health problems years ago I did make it over half way through my Associates Degree in human services/counseling a few years ago. I have had several classes in drug and alcohol counseling as well as my own testimony that I feel would be of help to others in getting them off the streets and helping them turn their lives over to God before they get into the trouble that I found myself in.
I was born and raised in a family of strong Christian believers but fell completely apart at the age of 18 and traded my Christian walk in for a life of crime and chaos. Now at 44 years old I feel like I have a very loving and positive testimony of God's love to share with others. In January of this year I turned my life back over to Christ and was born again. I was tired of living the life of a two time felon and junkie and God rescued me from this with His true love.
Since then God has worked miracles in my fiance's and my life and we would love to be able to share this with others. My fiance has been at my side throughout the past two years not to mention she already had a testimony to share when we got together. We both desire to work together hand in hand to help others who are struggling.
I was recently laid off from my job as a plumber and have decided that now is the time to give back. I have been getting into writing my book more. I have been encouraged by several who have read my writing to continue writing and I hope that you folks will soon get a chance to read some of it as well.
Kellee and I both want to reach out and share this good news with other addicts and perhaps put some Bible studies together to help others and possibly share our testimony at churches across the nation.
However, I am new to setting all of this up and do not know where to even begin. So with that being said any suggestions would be appreciated as well as prayers.
Regan Channel
The formalities are irrelevant Regan. Be true to yourself and your witness. Listen up big. Wisdom and discernment come from God alone.

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The formalities are irrelevant Regan. Be true to yourself and your witness. Listen up big. Wisdom and discernment come from God alone.
I am true to myself and to God. Are you saying that I should not go into ministry? That I should not share my testimony? That I should not try to help those who are lost?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regan Channel

Welcome Regan.

May God bless you in your desire to serve.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am true to myself and to God. Are you saying that I should not go into ministry? That I should not share my testimony? That I should not try to help those who are lost?

Hold your horses! You are putting words in his mouth !
i am sure @quietthinker is saying …”When God calls us , He leads us “ …and that the servant of God does need to strive to minister …it is an outward flow of whatever is already within…the Holy Spirit …He works.
( if I got it wrong @quietthinker correct me :D)

My hubby and I were in ministry many years ( in our 80’s now) The truth is , it’s not “our ministry “ it is His ..we are just channels …I think he was saying in his post …relax, be an open channel and let Him do the work of guiding …He opens the way .

be blessed brother …looking forward to hearing how God leads you. :)

Reactions: Pearl and Regan

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold your horses! You are putting words in his mouth !
i am sure @quietthinker is saying …”When God calls us , He leads us “ …and that the servant of God does need to strive to minister …it is an outward flow of whatever is already within…the Holy Spirit …He works.
( if I got it wrong @quietthinker correct me :D)

My hubby and I were in ministry many years ( in our 80’s now) The truth is , it’s not “our ministry “ it is His ..we are just channels …I think he was saying in his post …relax, be an open channel and let Him do the work of guiding …He opens the way .

be blessed brother …looking forward to hearing how God leads you. :)

I'm sorry. I probably did get things twisted a bit. My stress at times has a tendency to do that to me. I know I need to turn it over to God but there are days when I seem to be more stressed than other days. Sorry bout that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are called to share the Gospel Regan....this is our testimony. We testify to what God has done in Jesus. This was also the testimony of the disciples. Learning from his reality is the priority.....it woos our hearts, it softens them and we do not mistake 'religious' for being a follower of Jesus.....he becomes the lover of our souls.

Checkout the podcast link listed in my signature. Their objective is to give us a picture of the God Jesus knew......and isn't that the one we want to know also?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry if I got this twisted here. I tend to allow stress to do that to me some days
We are a work in the making Regan. Let's not confuse our story with his story. Let's make a determined effort to learn from him.....he is the great light.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
welcome-youre-welcome.gif
good-luck-good-luck-heather.gif

Reactions: Regan

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome, Regan! Just wanted to let you know I've seen ads here in South-central PA for plumbers; not sure where you're at but if there's any way you can make it out this way you may have a fairly decent shot at getting work.

Thank you for sharing your testimony and welcome to the forum. I think that is is a wonderful desire for you to share your testimony of being brought to the Lord. I also have one in which I was transgender for a few years before being shown the error of my ways and turning my life over to Jesus. To reach the lost is a great and godly wish to have, for we know what it's like to be without hope in the world and the amazing transformation of our lives after we have come into a relationship with the True and Living God.

I'll pray for you and your fiancée's efforts at evangelism and hope that the Lord will use you to bring many others into his Kingdom.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Regan