Just why do the devil's ministers hate Acts 2:38 so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
Why does the devil and his peeps hate Acts 2:38 so much
Sharing from http://biblefolk.com/forum/topic/117

Ever wonder why deceivers, and fake christians in general, single out Acts 2:38 as the verse that "need not be obeyed"? It is because Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation for the new testament church. Notice that Jesus had personally given Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven:

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Let us also notice that when sinners were "pricked in their hearts" and asked Peter what they could do, that Peter unlocked the kingdom of heaven for "as many as the Lord our God shall call"

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their
heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

Notice, there were 3000 there that elected to have their sins remitted. So you better believe that the minister of Satan will do just about anything that he can to try to downplay Acts 2:38. Paul mentions that there will be those that come along and preach "another gospel."
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Paul also didn't leave us in ignorance that when Satan's ministers come, they come masquerading as "ministers of righteousness", as smooth talking false preachers saying "Just claim belief and you are saved."

II Corinthians 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
II Corinthians 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

It is the job of the false preacher to cause YOU to be among those that don't obey Acts 2:38.

II Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
II Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Notice that there are TWO groups mentioned in verse 8, those that
don't know God, AND those that know him BUT REFUSE TO OBEY HIM.

II Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,
deceiving your own selves.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Water Baptism in Jesus name remits sins BECAUSE of Jesus finished work on the cross. It is the re-birth of water (see John 3:5).

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

The devil's servants don't want you to "put on Christ". They want you to reject Jesus name baptism. Is the man in the pulpit of your church just there to soothe you into hell? Is your preacher stressing the URGENCY of obeying the Bible or is he/she/it selling a fable of a false grace that ignores obedience to the Bible.

II Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Is your preacher preaching Acts 2:38, or soothing fables?

I hope this helps...

Here are some original Christian music videos

Burn Forever - Live At The Mormon Tabernacle??? by WinterBand
A song for trinitarians. Part of the "Stormin' the Gates of Hell" series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2n7NqL3sQw

Pray Those Devils Down - Live At Westminster Abbey??? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwjxAAYCO0

Blame - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuU-BktFtZ0

Jesus Only - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flE-O9eG-L0

No Trinity On Me - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLrQokwf_M

Hippie On Grandmas Wall - Live At the Vatican?? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTxOxcdKco

Bro Steve Winter

#jesusonly #christian #christianity #oneness #apostolic #religion #pentecostal #jesus #christ #bible #biblestudy #catholic

BrainofJT

Apr 10, 2014
United States
I'm wondering what Biblical foundation you have for accusing other people of being "the devil's ministers." It doesn't seem like something the Bible condones or wishes upon anybody to be called such a thing.

If anything, calling someone a "devil's minister" dehumanizes them and diminishes the likelihood of them ever coming into a real relationship with Jesus. I wrote a post called "Should we be Labeling Individual People as Evil" on my blog which is pertinent to this issue - http://www.brainofjt.com/2014/03/evil-humans.html

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
I apologize if the shoe fit. I simply made a general statement.

The Bible commands real Christians to curse false preachers.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Bro. Winter

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Bro Steve Winter said:
Ever wonder why deceivers, and fake christians in general, single out Acts 2:38 as the verse that "need not be obeyed"? It is because Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation for the new testament church. Notice that Jesus had personally given Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven:
Where do you come up with this stuff ??
I have never met a christian who does not agree with Acts 2:38
I think the devil is in your head and messing with the gears

Furthermore , the audience in Acts 2 were :
-God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven Acts 2:5
-Fellow Jews Acts 2:14
-Fellow Israelites Acts 2:22
-Fellow Israelites Acts 2:29
-Those who crucified Jesus Acts 2:36

And when they realized the mistake they had made (crucifixion) , the remedy for them was Acts 2:38

Please dont call me brother.
Thank you.

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
I hope I never call a servant of the devil a Brother!

Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation for ALL that God will call.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The false-christian really flaunts their ignorance when they teach that Acts 2:38 was only for the Jews.

Bro. Winter

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
Bro Steve Winter said:
I apologize if the shoe fit. I simply made a general statement.

The Bible commands real Christians to curse false preachers.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Bro. Winter
Notice Paul cursed them, there is a difference between him being willing to curse them and telling you to curse them. You have no specific instruction to curse them. "Let him be accursed" does not equal "Curse everyone who disagrees with your version of events".

I want to tell you something. I have met an awful lot of apostolic people and you are the very first one who acts like this. Do you actually know any apostolic people? Do they know you are out here representing them in this manner? I have never met an apostolic person who was anything other than meek and, for the most part, extremely humble. This is odd. They are not weak, they will not let you trample all over the bible, but they are certainly do not call people names.

I have spoken with an apostolic church member at great lengths about a number of these issues that you bring up and he has never once called me a false-christian filth. As matter of fact, we have learned that we agree on a lot, but come from a different focus.

It seems to me, you are preaching less of the gospel and more of "I'm right". If you are convicted that you are right and everyone else is going to burn...I think your conviction may be misplaced. You don't even hear someone out before you call them filth. Your songs are not focused on God, they are focused on "I'm right, you're wrong theology". That is not a very basic plan of salvation bro.

Get right with God man. Be angry and sin not. Absolutely Love the Lord your God with all your heart, but man....don't forget your neighbor.

SL

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
I can certainly understand why those teaching false doctrine would not want the real Christians to obey Gal 1:8

Bro. Winter

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
Your answer qualifies as being so bad we are going to have to send you away for testing. Try again and try to take a Ritalin this time before you just blurt something out. I am starting to get annoyed with you and I promise you will not like me when I get annoyed with you.

Everyone else,

Please do not take this man as genuinely apostolic. I am not an apostolic apologist, but I can not let anyone think this man qualifies. I guess sometimes it can quack like a duck, waddle like a duck, but still be a jackass.

SL

Ps. I am going to take a breather now. I have got to walk away for a minute. See ya tomorrow.

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
Spiritual infidelity defined by God as simply bearing with deceivers
Sharing from http://biblefolk.com/forum/topic/107

We see organizational and widespread descent into spiritual whoredom, unholiness and compromise. God does not want His ministers "bearing with" or otherwise tolerating false preachers like trinitarian polytheists or other false-christian ministers of Satan.
Did Paul preach tolerance and fellowship towards deceivers?? Nope! Did he give respect to false-christian deceivers as equals and respectfully debate with them?

II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
II Corinthians 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
II Corinthians 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
II Corinthians 11:16 I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
II Corinthians 11:17 That which I speak, I speak [it] not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
II Corinthians 11:18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.
II Corinthians 11:19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye [yourselves] are wise.

The pride engorged, self righteous, spiritual infidels wallowing with fools to their disgrace.

Let's look back a few verses:

II Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.
II Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Notice that Paul fears for their LOSS OF CHASTITY and CORRUPTION
II Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

Just "bearing with" a trinitarian is defined as the manifestation of whoredom and corruption (lack of chastity is "unchaste" or "whorish". One who lacks "fidelity" is an "infidel")

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

II John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
II John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
II John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Let us look back and see what would be the symptoms of the HIGH RISK group for whoredom and infidelity.

2 Cor 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
They COMMEND themselves this "high risk" group. They MEASURE THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES etc .
2 Cor 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
2 Cor 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

I hope this helps...

Bible studies at http://www.youtube.com/brostevewinter

Bro Steve Winter
#trinity #religion #christian #christianity #philosophy #oneness #pentecostal #apostolic #bible #biblestudy #religious #jesus

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Bro Steve Winter said:
I hope I never call a servant of the devil a Brother!

Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation for ALL that God will call.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The false-christian really flaunts their ignorance when they teach that Acts 2:38 was only for the Jews.

Bro. Winter
The gears are still grinding in your head

Acts 2:38 is the most basic , elementary , fundamental basis for all christianity ... a 5 year old Sunday school student would know that .

Yet you come proclaiming that most Christians do not subscribe to Acts 2:38

And you look like ZZ Top trying to look like Moses trying to look Religious.

Of course I am the devil because I can smell your kind from miles away

It is a weakness that I have and I shall never change

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Regardless of what stance or belief we have let us remember to "season our talk with grace" (Colossians 4:6) and "speak the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15) and "soft words turn away wrath" (Proverbs 15:1) and "follow peace with all men and holiness for without which no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). Lets keep the love factor in mind and speak truth but in grace and love!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Everything they do is done for people to see
you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are
you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness
Woe to you, blind guides
You are like whitewashed tombs, the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.
You snakes! You brood of vipers

by Jesus Christ in Matt 23
no niceties there

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
WOW!!!! My eyes have opened even more. What Steve spoke was not wrong at all. We should have been rejoicing at what he said.
There are many people in the world who are in their eyes play warrior for Christ. But in a lame way. I saw nothing wrong with what he said. I agree there are many out there of which he spoke.
I knew a baptist preacher 7 years ago. He went home got on his knees and asked Jesus to show him if he was teaching his people wrong.
Jesus appeared to him at his bedside, loved on him for awhile. He couldn't wait until next Sunday's service. He got up to the pulpit and told his people he had been teaching them wrong for all these years. They fired him....they just wanted to keep on being told what they wanted to hear.

Yes, I'm new here....I'm starting to learn a lot from this forum way of life.

I've also learned nothing can be taught or learned from them. just agreeing or debating.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Randor,

Are you able to concentrate long enough to explain to me the difference between the help Apollos received from the church when he was needing perfection, and the way you and Steve are trying?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Nope...only because, it would get us no where. If you were sitting across from me...you bet I would....typing thoughts hours apart is not how it happens.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
RANDOR said:
WOW!!!! My eyes have opened even more. What Steve spoke was not wrong at all. We should have been rejoicing at what he said.
There are many people in the world who are in their eyes play warrior for Christ. But in a lame way. I saw nothing wrong with what he said. I agree there are many out there of which he spoke.
I knew a baptist preacher 7 years ago. He went home got on his knees and asked Jesus to show him if he was teaching his people wrong.
Jesus appeared to him at his bedside, loved on him for awhile. He couldn't wait until next Sunday's service. He got up to the pulpit and told his people he had been teaching them wrong for all these years. They fired him....they just wanted to keep on being told what they wanted to hear.

Yes, I'm new here....I'm starting to learn a lot from this forum way of life.

I've also learned nothing can be taught or learned from them. just agreeing or debating.
Every christian is free and welcome to discuss the word of God here, even if their beliefs are not in line with orthodox trinitarian views. We do ask that everyone follow the rules.

After years on this and another forum I see what you mean about learning things from these. But God can still use people in your life, be they next to you or on the other side of the world.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
BrainofJT said:
I'm wondering what Biblical foundation you have for accusing other people of being "the devil's ministers." It doesn't seem like something the Bible condones or wishes upon anybody to be called such a thing.

If anything, calling someone a "devil's minister" dehumanizes them and diminishes the likelihood of them ever coming into a real relationship with Jesus. I wrote a post called "Should we be Labeling Individual People as Evil" on my blog which is pertinent to this issue - http://www.brainofjt.com/2014/03/evil-humans.html
Unfortunately there are individual people who are evil - so encumbered by their persuasions and their hubris that they cannot and will not see the misfortune they are causing themselves and others. Quite a few of them are ministers of satan itself.

The Episcopal Church, which I labored in for a quarter of a century is a perfect example. The members there, the congregations, are being led by some of the most wicked men and women the evil one has established on the earth. Wicked shepherds every one, they disdain the name of Jesus Christ and afflict those that respect it.

Beware the wiles of the worldly mind that would have us believe we are all God's children and should be treated as such. Nowhere in the Bible does it mention the brotherhood of man. Nowhere!

The church today is withering like raisins on the vine and the reason for it is evil in Christian leadership. Whether the fellow you bump into on the street is himself a minister of satan or not is for God to judge, but those with whom we pass in and out of God's house of prayer are indeed subject to our judgment. We shall know them by their fruits, chief among them is hatred of the Word of God and nearly everything it teaches. What creature other than satan is capable of such mindless disregard except those who are dead in spirit?

"If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it."
- Charles Finney

It is time for the body of Christ to exercise it's God given authority to excise those ministers of satan in our midst. It can be done by vote of eldership, by appeal to God in prayer and by simply leaving the communion to seek another. Lack of donations is a fine weapon too, for it speaks more loudly than any other device known by man.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN

If anything, calling someone a "devil's minister" dehumanizes them and diminishes the likelihood of them ever coming into a real relationship with Jesus. I wrote a post called "Should we be Labeling Individual People as Evil"

Not picking on you personally :)

IT'S NOT ABOUT DEATH AND TAXES...IT'S ABOUT HEAVEN OR HELL. Those things that are not of God are automatically of satan. So our job is to tell the man/woman, who man thinks can do no wrong. They don't drink, they don't cuss, they don't cheat, they don't lie...so in man's eyes they are good. In God's eyes they are filty rags. So they are automatically going to hell. There are many preachers, preist's, etc etc that...yes...are not telling ther flock the truth about Jesus...why?...because they don't even have a personal relationship with Christ...they just still know of Him. So....no fruit can be seen by a true bought and delivered man of God. So, he worries for that pastor and his flock. Thus "they are Devil's Ministers" But HALLEUJAH!!!!! That's where we come in...to beat back satan and bring this priest and his flock to the true knowledge of Christ.

Bless all these men in here Lord.....we are in GOD'S BOOT CAMP.................MARCH ON!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
A few more quotes from "bro steve winters"
He spews this stuff all over the internet

There is a devilish spiritual sewer called "Apostolic Friends Forum" where a devil/witch quickly censored me for publishing truth there. It is disgusting some of the filth that are passing themselves off as "Apostolic" in this hour. Pray with me that God would bring that sewer down.

Speaking of that, there are some lukewarm, infidel reprobate trash running a site called "Everyone's Apostolic" who won't allow the truth there but like to play "Apostolic". Join with me in prayer that the Lord would reward those reprobate filth according to their works who are running that site. Pray that God would bring those devils DOWN! Warn any real Apostolics about what a lukewarm, reprobate sewer it is.

These reprobate filth deleted the truth about their filthy women preachers who might as well be practicing witchcraft due to their rebellion against the Word of God. Those devils who support these witches are no more Apostolic than the pope.

The deceivers running those sites deserve our deepest contempt

When false-christian trinitarian polytheists admit that they don't worship Jesus Only, it is not hard to tell exactly who those devils are worshiping

Trinity Is Antichrist and is taught by filthy deceivers

"bro steve winters"