Justification, instant sanctification and progressive sanctification and sainthood..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We who are Laodiceans will overcome in that same manner.
I've been crucified together with Christ, yet I'm alive, but not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life I live, I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

I have a very different paradigm to my life.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm pointing to is that Jesus tells them He wants in. So He's not already there. These are the sorts of things I pay attention to. It's all valid and meaningful and useful for doctrine.

In this letter Jesus is addressing those who do not have Him inside.

This is a simple a plain thing to me, and I can't overlook it.

I Am just not ready to condemn a whole church like that. To me it means the whole church in the time we are living in, where as you do not see that so it is easy for you to write them off. I am and see myself as a Laodicean, I have lived in the complacency of the Laodicean and the self deception, the whole time i knew I was saved, but I was missing divine revelation, i was living in the textualism I spoke of earlier which is the illness that locks Jesus out of the heart. It is speaking of his presence in your life of his Word coming to life in you, when you are zealous and repent, when you see yourself as the one that has locked him out, is when he comes in a sups with you, feeds you the Manna from heaven. It is speking of eating the meant of the word of God to me.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been crucified together with Christ, yet I'm alive, but not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life I live, I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

All truly Born again believers live this. This is the very definition of being Born again. The Question of the Laodicean is are you supping with him, are you eating the bread he has to give us in fellowship with Him. We need to get past the milk of doctrine into the meat of the Word of God, which is what this post is trying to do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All truly Born again believers live this. This is the very definition of being Born again. The Question of the Laodicean is are you supping with him, are you eating the bread he has to give us in fellowship with Him. We need to get past the milk of doctrine into the meat of the Word of God, which is what this post is trying to do.

I guess I'm just saying, it may not be the most wise to assume that the answer is always NO.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am and see myself as a Laodicean, I have lived in the complacency of the Laodicean and the self deception, the whole time i knew I was saved, but I was missing divine revelation, i was living in the textualism I spoke of earlier which is the illness that locks Jesus out of the heart.
And is it possible that what describes you may not describe everyone else?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And is it possible that what describes you may not describe everyone else?

All my life I was under the delusion that i was a Philadelphian, as My doctrine was right and by the book. When He revealed Himself to me He began to showed me that we all who are alive in this day and age and call ourselves Christians are Laodiceans. you see When you get a Word from God, you believe it, when you get some meat to eat all of a sudden you realize what you are missing. God is not confined to the Book, but is active and speaking to his children who will hear what he has to say, most choose to quench that Spirit and are content to remain in that textualism, they are afraid of intimacy with God via the Holy Spirit. This is what this is about and this is very real to me. When He reveals himself to you in this way, the word of God Comes to life, You read the same passages you memorized before but the depth of meaning takes on a whole new dimension. You see the manifold Grace of God at work, you see what it means to be a saint, and you see that the overcomers of this age will receive the fulness of the divine revelations offered having all the seven Spirits of God manifest in them in fulness as the church becomes the saints of the tribulation. These tribulation saints are not the rejects of the church that failed, but in them we have the fulness of Christ. This being what John speaks of in 1 John 3:1-3 What he also showed me is that most of the people will not see these things until they are in the wilderness as As Rev. 12 speaks of, but that the Woman there will continue to give birth to the saints, It is we who are given this revelation now that are the wings of eagles that will fly them to the wilderness, Preparing the way.

One way or another, you too will come to embrace your identity as a Laodicean, whether it is now, or in the wilderness for those 1260 days, otherwise you will go on to be just another part of the Harlot of rev. 17, for that is what happens to those of the woman who do not grow, and this is the rejection you have to worry about. This being the judgment of the church, which precedes all things.

Do You understand?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When He reveals himself to you in this way, the word of God Comes to life, You read the same passages you memorized before but the depth of meaning takes on a whole new dimension.
Why is it that you assume this does not describe me?

You assume my spiritual life has no depth. Why? Am I now to describe to you my life to somehow convince you that I am in daily communion with my Maker?

and you see that the overcomers of this age will receive the fulness of the divine revelations offered having all the seven Spirits of God manifest in them in fulness

But here it is. If I don't think the same way, it means I'm shallow, unspiritual, naked, blind, miserable.

You see the believers today as different from years past, I do not. Persecutions and tribulations have been happening all along. But not as much in the US. To think that "the church" doesn't know persecution and tribulation I think doesn't acknowledge the church outside of the US.

In our own lives, we personally experience many great afflictions. What will be different then will be the prevalence of the tribulations, the time of greatest tribulation. But make no mistake, as individuals, we experience all manner of afflictions. Great pain and suffering from illness, from injury, worse, from privation, from torture, flayed alive for their faith in Christ!

God uses suffering as one of His "power tools", if you will. But it's not all waiting for some future day. God gives this ministry to us today. We can have that fulness today. We can receive from Him by faith.

they are afraid of intimacy with God via the Holy Spirit.

Everyone who doesn't agree with you on this? Really?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that you assume this does not describe me?

You assume my spiritual life has no depth. Why? Am I now to describe to you my life to somehow convince you that I am in daily communion with my Maker?

There You go again, reading an assault on you in my comment when there is none on my end. I Am sharing MY testimony. You read it as Me belittling your faith. This is a symptom of a problem you have, that you need to work on. If You are being offended then you need to consider that this is the conviction of the Holy Ghost. You are saying it is wrong for me to share my testimony because it offends you, well, This is exactly what Bible says will happen. I do not hold this against you, as this is a symptom of the sjw mindset at work in the world today, and most are unconscious of how it is affecting them. I will be praying for you regarding this.

But here it is. If I don't think the same way, it means I'm shallow, unspiritual, naked, blind, miserable.

Again, reading into my comments something that is not there. read above, again.

We are all in the same Boat together, we all have a part to play in the body of Christ, I am against any form of Nicolaitanism, which is to say ruling over the laity, we are all brethren, fellowship is about sharing, the experiences of ones testimony may help another's faith while another sharing their testimony adds dimension to my understanding. I Take very seriously Christ's warning of putting oneself on a pedestal of pride, and looking down on others in the body, I have said here over and over again, that the fivefold ministry of the church will be done away with once the fulness of Christ comes, then there will only be saints but that transition takes time, we are all on different parts of the journey to sainthood, but we are all on the same journey.

Perhaps, You Just cannot grasp this yet. You still have not responded to my comment #36, which is where you began this offended attitude. I Gave you a scriptural response to a question you asked, and for 70 or so comments now you have failed to respond or rebut these claims in a scriptural way, instead you are doing nothing but accusing me of belittling your faith. Perhaps you have no constructive remarks any longer and I am giving you too much credit here that you can handle the meat of the Word of God. You need to get the accusation chip off your shoulder, and not see every comment I make as an assault on your intellect... (This last one is conditioned by the word "perhaps", I Amusing this, that you use this as motivation to prove me wrong.... Got it?)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read it as Me belittling your faith. This is a symptom of a problem you have, that you need to work on.
One way or another, you too will come to embrace your identity as a Laodicean, whether it is now, or in the wilderness for those 1260 days, otherwise you will go on to be just another part of the Harlot of rev. 17, for that is what happens to those of the woman who do not grow, and this is the rejection you have to worry about.

This is one of the instances, your insistance that I'm described in the letter to the church of laodicea. Naked and blind and wretched. That I need to worry about being rejected. Haven't you described me as having traded a real living faith life for a dead textualism, something like that?

Don't you think that because I disagree with you about what a "saint" is, this means, well, the things you've said.

What you call the "accusation chip" is simply point to things you say that are presumptuous, inaccurate, and unuseful within the discussion. These are what need to be set aside.

I've you haven't said these things, are they came out different that what you meant, or you realize now that's not now what you think, great, feel free to say so.

I do this to try to elevate the conversation above the level of just "I'm telling you my negative opinions of you."

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may have an initial salvation experience, and be transformed at the outset from the life they had previous, and I am not doubting their salvation in the least, but they are stuck in a rut, not having victory, and continually growing in the faith, because they have been deceived into thinking they are in need of nothing. Part of this is the thinking that as soon as you are born again you are a saint, what this is is nothing more than a deception, ingrained in the doctrine, and a result of living experiential faith being replaced by textualism.

Yes, post #36, where you talk about that if you think you are a saint from being born again, you're wrong, you're deceived, and instead of having a living experiential faith, you now have "textualism", something less than.

Now, does this represent you actual opinion of me?

If not, great, if yes, we can put to rest who's saying what, right?

Those who are killed for the sake of the faith in Christ are saints, certainly, and your post leaves no doubt. But the fact is, saint and martyr are different words with different meanings. There is no basis in Scripture to restrict the meaning of one to the meaning of the other. That's not the language.

Saint is someone whom God has made holy, someone set apart. There are a variety of forms of the word, saint, sacred, holy, sanctify, these all come from the same root.

I say to you the same thing I say to those who speak of some future baptism of the Spirit. Peter states we have everything we need for life and godliness - right now. Paul says we have every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm - right now.

There is nothing we need to wait for to be all that God desires of us, only, be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the instances, your insistance that I'm described in the letter to the church of laodicea. Naked and blind and wretched. That I need to worry about being rejected. Haven't you described me as having traded a real living faith life for a dead textualism, something like that?

Don't you think that because I disagree with you about what a "saint" is, this means, well, the things you've said.

What you call the "accusation chip" is simply point to things you say that are presumptuous, inaccurate, and unuseful within the discussion. These are what need to be set aside.

I've you haven't said these things, are they came out different that what you meant, or you realize now that's not now what you think, great, feel free to say so.

I do this to try to elevate the conversation above the level of just "I'm telling you my negative opinions of you."

Much love!

Yes, post #36, where you talk about that if you think you are a saint from being born again, you're wrong, you're deceived, and instead of having a living experiential faith, you now have "textualism", something less than.

Now, does this represent you actual opinion of me?

If not, great, if yes, we can put to rest who's saying what, right?

Those who are killed for the sake of the faith in Christ are saints, certainly, and your post leaves no doubt. But the fact is, saint and martyr are different words with different meanings. There is no basis in Scripture to restrict the meaning of one to the meaning of the other. That's not the language.

Saint is someone whom God has made holy, someone set apart. There are a variety of forms of the word, saint, sacred, holy, sanctify, these all come from the same root.

I say to you the same thing I say to those who speak of some future baptism of the Spirit. Peter states we have everything we need for life and godliness - right now. Paul says we have every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm - right now.

There is nothing we need to wait for to be all that God desires of us, only, be it to you according to your faith.

"But the fact is, saint and martyr are different words with different meanings. There is no basis in Scripture to restrict the meaning of one to the meaning of the other." Since this is the only serious interaction here i will address this first. I gave you two specific examples that tie the saints to their testimony. (Rev. 12:11, and Rev. 6:9) It is the prayers of these saints that gives impetus for the unleashing of the seven Trumpets (See Revelation 8:3-4). Saints are someone God has made Holy, I agree, and to give a testimony is something those who are chosen by God to become holy Give. the two go hand in hand.

As for the rest of the stuff some of which makes absolutely no sense as you seem flustered in your writing....? I am going to try a different approach here to get you to see this.

1. If God chooses an individual to give a revelation to, something that is very relevant to the church and this message is from God, How is that person supposed to share this without coming off as having a "negative opinion of you"?
2. Christ Himself proclaimed special revelation from the Father and the Leaders of the church of the day refused to hear his revelation as well, How is your response any different than that of the Pharisees, Sadducees and priests of Israel?
3. Is this How we have fellowship with one another? Is this How Paul Taught the church to have orderly fellowship when one is given a word of Prophecy?

4. What happens if what i have said here is from God, But you have viewed as an attack on yourself, and because of that have missed the message that God is wanting to send you? What would have happened to Israel had they rejected Moses? What happened to Israel when she Killed the Prophets sent to them? What happened to Israel, the nation when they rejected their Messiah? What will happen to the church members that do not heed the warnings God has given them via John the Apostle in Revelation, Irregardless of which church you see yourself belonging to? What happened to Lot's wife, and why did Jesus warn of this?

You see, anyone who is shown some special revelation from God is going to come off as speaking from authority, when they are trying toshare this with others who do not have this. The thing we who do not have this revelation have to do first and foremost is test the Spirit whether it is of God, and then if they fail reject their message, but if they pass receive their message. this is how the apostolic church worked. Paul rebuked Peter in Galatians, James encouraged Paul to fulfill the Nazerite vow to show his countrymen his Hebrew ties. each had a role to play one was speaking from the Holy Spirit and confronting them for something they lacked the other had to receive that message. Not everyone is given the full picture, like i have said, I have been given a glimpse of it and am inept to explain the whole picture, others have been given a different glimpse and have another aspect of the revelation, for we all know in part and prophecy in part. It is this animosity that hinders the whole from coming together in the Unity of the Spirit.

We all as Christians should be used to the conviction of the Holy Spirit by now, we should be beyond getting offended as the world gets offended by the conviction of the Holy Ghost. We of all People should be open to learning from the Holy Ghost, instead WE build walls between us, build denominations so that we are not challenged by those whose revelations differ from ours, and then we sit there and condemn anyone who does not agree with us. I Am not like that, I want interaction, I enjoy speaking and debating with and explaining What the Lord Has shown me with others, because I learn from that interaction as much as i can bring to that discussion, this is fellowship.

If this is not how you think, then you think you have it all figured out and are unteachable and incapable of fellowship. Is this you or is it not is to be determined??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as you seem flustered in your writing....?
Interesting you would think that. We're really not connecting here.

You imagine I'm offended. You imagine that I'm not hearing from the Holy Spirit. You seem to be imagining all sorts of things about me. Do you likewise imagine that as I've been writing reams with you, I'm not looking for fellowship and and positive interaction?

How is that person supposed to share this without coming off as having a "negative opinion of you"?
I would simply refer you to the words you wrote. No need to keep rehashing over and over.

How is your response any different than that of the Pharisees, Sadducees and priests of Israel?
I'm putting your words against Scripture, and not finding a compelling argument. And I am finding conflicts with things that seem clearly stated.

But you wish to compare me to the Pharisees et al?

What is the usefulness of that? What are you Really saying here?

Is this How we have fellowship with one another?
This comes back to the center.

:)

We can have fellowship with each other in the Spirit Who lives in us both. In our common faith in Christ, in His saving grace, in His transforming power, as we've obeyed the Gospel. Do we have unity in this?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting you would think that. We're really not connecting here.

This flutered analysis comes from the following in your comment, still trying to figure out what you said here....o_O

I'm putting your words against Scripture, and not finding a compelling argument. And I am finding conflicts with things that seem clearly stated.

You have barely responded to scripture here, all you have done is talk about being offended by what i say thinking it is an attack against you. When You respond with scripture i answer in kind, as i did above.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!
It is like fine oil on the head, running down on the beard, running down Aaron's beard over the collar of his robes.
It is like the dew of Hermon falling on the mountains of Zion.
For there the LORD has bestowed the blessing of life forevermore. Psalm 133 Berean Study Bible

Reactions: marks and David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This flutered analysis comes from the following in your comment, still trying to figure out what you said here....o_O

My comment . . .

marks said:

OK, there are a couple of typos . . .

Here:

If you haven't said these things, or they came out different than what you meant, or you realize now that's not now what you think, great, feel free to say so.

I'm curious . . .

I Am making observations of the church in general you are reading accusations in them. IAm tryingto show you the doctrines of complacencybthat have infested the church, this is convicting you I am not accusing you.

Were you 'flustered' here? Or just in a hurry? Or just didn't proofread? No matter. It only serves as an excuse to Once Again turn the conversation towards negative personal comments.

Some people can't seem to stop!

You have barely responded to scripture here, all you have done is talk about being offended by what i say thinking it is an attack against you. When You respond with scripture i answer in kind, as i did above.

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Who was Romans addressed to?

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

For whom does the Holy Spirit pray?

Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

For whom should we give?

1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

To whom was 1 Corinthians addressed to? This letter filled with corrections of the people?

This idea that "saints" are a sub-catagory of Christians does not agree with the Scriptures.

Much love!

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 1:1-2 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Php 1:1-2 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Col 1:1-2 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother, To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

View attachment 12016
"To the holy and believing brothers in Colosse"

Do you then count Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, and Philippians to be addressed to some NT Christians but not others?

Do you count yourself as a saint?

Much love!

What makes you think I don't? If your assertions are Scripturally sound I receive them. If they are not I do not. But above all else I go to the Bible for truth, and I've come to see that the Bible answers every question concerning our lives and doctrine.

In that the New Testament was written in Koine Greek, I refer to that language, and base my New Testament studies in that.

Do you mean that you look to Hebrew words to clarify the Greek words? I know some people who believe that the NT was originally written in Hebrew, then translated into Greek. They tell me that they know what the original Hebrew words were, even though we don't have these manuscripts.

Is this what you mean?

I see much more to being a saint as I look at the New Testament. Even the Old!

But something occurs to me about what you've said. You said that no one is a saint who is alive. This is something that is inconsistent with Scripture.

Rom 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Rom 16:15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

1Co 16:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)

There are a great many more, but perhaps these will suffice? Each of these passages shows the saints to be an identifiable group of people living here on this earth.

Are you open to receive this?

When you ask, Is my hunger for the truth . . . My hunger is for Jesus. And I know an excellent way to know Him better. That is to know the Bible, for what God says in it, not what man wants to make it say, what He says. When you ask, is my hunger for the truth, do you mean, will I accept whatever you tell me?

Or are we both willing to allow the Scripture to be the final authority?

Much love!
@David H. , Let's narrow the focus slightly, because I don't think you are giving weight to these passages.

You have to know who the saints are to distribute to their necessity.

Rom 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

Same as above . . .

Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

And again . . .

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

This requires you know who they are.

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

Same as above . . .

1Co 16:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)

Again, the same. You have to know who they are.

Do you not think this is so?

Much love!
Ephesians 4:22-24
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

2 Corinthians 5:15-18
15) And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Much love!
Romans 4:22-5:2
22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Much love!

These above were just from the first page. Are you sure you want to go with that?

Have you answered these? Mostly what you do is get personal about me.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious . . .

Were you 'flustered' here? Or just in a hurry? Or just didn't proofread? No matter. It only serves as an excuse to Once Again turn the conversation towards negative personal comments.

All of the above were true....I was flustered, in a hurry and did not proof read.;)

Reactions: marks and Truman

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These above were just from the first page. Are you sure you want to go with that?

Have you answered these?

Yes I have. we are well beyond those points. I Base my understanding of Saints on the Hebrew understanding, as those separate from the nation, and the faithful in that nation as per Hosea 11:12.

As an example of this in the real world you have levels in your skilled trades, a person does not go to school and become a journeymen Electrician without first being an apprentice, the Christian faith is like this as well, you don't become an elder as soon as you are saved, nor do you become a saint as soon as you are saved. A Saint is the "high calling of God in Christ". (Philippians 3:14)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!
It is like fine oil on the head, running down on the beard, running down Aaron's beard over the collar of his robes.
It is like the dew of Hermon falling on the mountains of Zion.
For there the LORD has bestowed the blessing of life forevermore. Psalm 133 Berean Study Bible
So very true!

And this unity . . . obviously it's not found in our all having the same doctrines concerning all of Christianity.

Yet this unity is intended for us, the body of Christ.

I believe it's found when we can settle ourselves in the finished work of Christ, knowing that likewise you are settled in the finished work of Christ. In this, we don't have to defend ourselves, we are helpless in His care, and free to give and receive to and from others.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's found when we can settle ourselves in the finished work of Christ, knowing that likewise you are settled in the finished work of Christ. In this, we don't have to defend ourselves, we are helpless in His care, and free to give and receive to and from others.

I Believe this unity is found when we realize that we are all on the same journey to sainthood, just at different places in that journey. I Believe some believers need a more structured atmosphere in their faith while some do not, depending on their background. I Believe we ultimately move in a direction of Grace and freedom from this structure in our walk to sainthood. Like a child matures a Christian is first fed milk then he learns to eat bread and to feed himself the Word, then to digest meat and appreciate flavors, and then to finally learn to sup with Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Believe this unity is found when we realize that we are all on the same journey to sainthood, just at different places in that journey. I Believe some believers need a more structured atmosphere in their faith while some do not, depending on their background. I Believe we ultimately move in a direction of Grace and freedom from this structure in our walk to sainthood. Like a child matures a Christian is first fed milk then he learns to eat bread and to feed himself the Word, then to digest meat and appreciate flavors, and then to finally learn to sup with Christ.
OK. So then you are walking towards sainthood, and I'm renewing my mind. But fellowship with Christ, this you have, but be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!