Keep Your Eyes on Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Hi all! Been a long time! Well, hope everyone has been well.

My persecution in the workplace has finally ended. I found a new job, much better. Thanks everyone so much for your words of encouragement when I posted about that a long time ago.

Guess what! We've all heard the saying: "Keep your eyes on Jesus." I always thought that was a cool saying, but never more than this morning.

Last night a relative and I had a bad misunderstanding and I really told her off. She was in my house and I shouted at her and was so ugly and awful.

Even though I won the argument (we know there are really never any winners in an argument!), listen to what happened. Even though at first I felt so justified in what I said to her, when she left my house, that feeling of "Ha ha! She finally got hers!" only lasted about 5 minutes then i started to feel ill.
I couldn't eat, couldn't think straight, I felt awful.

I wanted to call her and discuss it and work it out, but pride stopped me. People were telling me "Ah girl, ooooo you showed her!!" and I should have felt good about it by worldly standards but I was feeling so bad.

I didn't sleep all night. When I got up this morning I was still struggling. The world would have had me not forgive her and continue being uppity and snotty to her and I admit, in the flesh, it was tempting b/c she's done some pretty nasty stuff to me. But all these thoughts held no peace for me at all. I couldn't live at peace, eat at peace, sleep at peace or feel God's presence anymore.

So I had a good cry and asked myself: "What would Jesus do?" and of course I knew the answer like all of us here do. I forgave her and called her and asked if she and my cousin would like to come to dinner this weekend. We both apologized to each other and I did then feel the peace of God, and when I cried, they were happy tears.

The world told me I shouldn't have let her off the hook that easy, that I should've held a grudge. But I quit listening to them. I knew the only Peace I would ever have is in keeping my eyes on Jesus. and when the world started trying to sway my thinking, I just kept my eyes on Jesus and the peace was incredible.

Hi to all.

Love, Marta

Reactions: gregg

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Excellent testimony!! I enjoyed seeing/hearing you put the Word(sWord of the Spirit) into action by exalting Christ up as you bowed to honor God's Word, overcoming the lust of the flesh in your circumstance and receiving your victory!!

Glory unto God for your winning over the fiery darts of the enemy that came your way~ That is the fight that we battle in..
1 Peter 5:8-11
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
KJV

The more we overcome our flesh, the sooner we will begin to see our promised land of PEACE, PROSPERITY, HEALTH, PROTECTION from our Father as a true child of God. No more mountains, valleys, dry wastelands or dis-ease.

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you for your kind words, validation and for those scriptures, afaithfulone4u. Absolutely!

When I look back over my life, every single time I tried to accomplish things "my way" instead of God's way, it has NEVER worked out. If only I had done as the Bible says. I'm so serious about that. There are NO exceptions! But see, during every one of those times, I was either prideful or impatient! What a waste of time and years all that was!

I give God the glory that yesterday I had the presence of mind to honestly DO what He has commanded. Everyone in my family was better off from it and it has brought peace and happiness to them as well. Interestingly, it's funny how "winning the argument" was the hollowest 'victory' I'd ever had and made me feel like a total loser! :mellow:

If you're facing a situation, don't be swayed by the world's instant gratification system or your ego (and believe me, I know how tempting both can be!!) but both are a complete waste of time. Do what Jesus said, and be patient. The world and our ego can never bring us peace. We'll just be spinning our wheels. Yesterday really added to my trust in God at how things will work out if we'll honor Him and do what He has told us.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I love that verse to :)

Hebrews 12:2

2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God

yup it seems when ever I have told some one off. latter my conscience wont leave me a lone and I can just for get about sleeping for several nights. <_<

any way enjoyed reading your post

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Pride and ego aside, I think sometimes its necessary to correct someone. Not for the sake of winning an argument, telling them off, making them feel bad, or justifying ourselves, but to make them aware of a bad, wrong, or hurtful thing that they've said or done. Letting them persist in abusing you or someone else is not helpful and won't reverse the circumstances. The Lord corrects those He loves, we read where Jesus was often correcting the Pharisee's and not always in a nice way. While I don't know the details of your argument, maybe your relative needed to hear what you laid on her? Perhaps you felt regret because of how you dealt with her, yelling and being mean? In any case, it sounds like the problem was resolved. Its never easy to tell someone where they're screwing-up, but its often a necessity. It shouldn't be a matter of justifying ourselves or holding a grudge, but making an effort at attempting to set things right. I suspect that you felt bad and got upset because you were wrong, so its good that you were mature enough to apologize. Your conscience overrode your pride, good job.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Amen! God's love is so great and dynamic! The Holy Spirit is truly a keeper, comforter, counselor, lover and convictor! Yes I love that saying "keep your eyes on JESUS!". Bless you for that lovely testimony!!

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Horsecamp, Dan and Alan.

Dan, those are good points you made & I agree that people need a little guidance and correction if they're doing something wrong.

Hi Angelina. Thanks for the welcome back and hope all's fine with you. (((hugs)))