Keeping the commandment only starts the race. Transgressors aren't in the race at all

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Not only is it our duty to God to keep His commandments, but that is only the beginning of our race for everlasting life. Maintaining good works by commandment is necessary to run the race lawfully unto the end, but that is still unprofitable to Jesus, who also personally calls us to serve Him.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

To live by the faith of Jesus from the heart, we must not only keep His commandments blameless, but we must also answer His personal call to serving Him by serving others.

The rich man keeping all the commandments from his youth, fell short in answering Jesus' personal call to follow Him, that he night also be a blessing to others in life. By keeping God's commandments we love God, but by blessing others we love our neighbors.

Transgressors of the law of Christ of course aren't even yet in the race. We must first repent of sinning against God, before we can ever hope to walk, run, and serve with Him.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The teaching of Jesus shows that it is properly in our own best interest to keep His commandments, but there comes a time when He calls upon us to be selfless in our faith, and not selfish in our own blessings.