Kind People arrested for feeding the homeless.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Volunteers for a program which feeds the homeless in an Orlando park were arrested for not having a proper permit to do exactly that. This is what it's come to ? We can arrest people for doing good harmless Godly things ?

Discuss Link Here

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me in the least. :\ It's really sad, but it doesn't surprise me. It's like a story I heard, about a guy who was preaching publicly, and got arrested for using the word "hell" (in context). It's crazy. Brings the words "free" and "speech" to mind.

I don't see why it matters to these people who feeds who, really. As long as they legally bought the food, why should it matter to ANYONE?

SeansTriptych

May 26, 2011
That makes me really sad.

When I travel to Vermont to visit some of my family, there is a section off the highway just into town, and there is 9/10 a homeless person holding a cardboard sign with something about God, or needing food, and I always hand them a couple bucks if the light is red, and allows me to stop without holding up traffic.

I would hate to be arrested for helping out one of God's children in need.

We are all brothers and sisters, and if someone needs help, we should be allowed to extend a hand without being arrested for doing so.

:(

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Volunteers for a program which feeds the homeless in an Orlando park were arrested for not having a proper permit to do exactly that. This is what it's come to ? We can arrest people for doing good harmless Godly things ?

Discuss Link Here

After reading the article, I would agree with the judge. This group was not in it to just feed people; they were part of a national activist group Food Not Bombs. They did not have the proper permits for meeting as a large group in a public place. They likely didn't have food service permits, catering licenses, refrigeration, etc

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After reading the article, I would agree with the judge. This group was not in it to just feed people; they were part of a national activist group Food Not Bombs. They did not have the proper permits for meeting as a large group in a public place. They likely didn't have food service permits, catering licenses, refrigeration, etc

There are times when a superior man is not charitable, but at no times is the fool charitable - Confucius

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I really hate is when media sources with agendas like FOX News, grabs stories like this one and report it without all the facts simply to generate the same message - BE AFRAID! YOUR RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY BY THE LIBERALS!!!!!

I am tired of being manipulated by Rupert Murdock.