King James Version Only...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you find a word that you need a dictionary for, but is that so bad?
It is not just the Middle English words. It is also the sentence structure. This is why the NKJV also is archaic. It is a bit like the way Yoda speaks. I hope, right, you are.

If KJV was still relevant, there would not be new translations.

Reactions: Jim B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can’t we see that the KJV and modern translations both have value?

1st, you can't answer a question with a question.

2nd, is about moral values, what you value more, A or B. Everyone should know and examine there priorities.

My question to KJV-only folks is what is more important to you:
A. Force as many people as possible to read your preferred translation?
B. Bring people to Christ?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or option C?

C. Someone questions to become a Christian but reads an uninspired translation and can't feel the weight and wisdom of the words, and turns away

Isn't that more likely than someone being scared off by formal English?
No. Not at all. Not sure where you get the idea. If peple cannot understand KJV, they are not going even read it, let alone feel the weight and wisdom of the words. I don't know why you can't understand this!

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah and Jim B

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We already established it is not a matter of opinon but a matter of fact. See generation loss. Now, you resort to doing laps on ground already coverered.
And you won’t address why the “better “ versions have Priests performing abortions at God’s direction

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2nd, is about moral values, what you value more, A or B. Everyone should know and examine there priorities.
Your question was not addressed to me I’m not King James Only

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isn’t it great that even though the Trinity is a closed issue on the forum now we can still find things to argue about

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Not at all. Not sure where you get the idea. If peple cannot understand KJV, they are not going even read it, let alone feel the weight and wisdom of the words. I don't know why you can't understand this!
I don’t think the modern versions are uninspired and I don’t feel that when I read them

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s just hold hands and sing kumbaya.
Do you know the words?

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah
Someone's crying Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's praying Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

"Kumbaya" means "come by here". Or, conventionally, "come Lord". It's a beautiful song that praises God.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you find that in Scripture?
Numbers 5:11-31 in the NIV and the Voice ( I think that’s right, going from memory). In those versions the Preist gives the woman a drink with dust from the Holy place and if she’s been unfaithful she has a miscarriage. The KJV says nothing about being pregnant and says her belly will swell and her thigh will rot if she has been unfaithful. I think the translators of the NIV and the Voice took a lot of liberty here. Bible Gateway passage: Numbers 5:11-31 - New International Version

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who knew that out on a journey actually meant in the bathroom?
THAT KIND OF RESPONSE, AND WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN SO FAR, VERIFIES FOR ME THAT YOU ARE HERE TO 'PUSH' THE HIGHER CRITICISM OF THOSE BEHIND THE CORRUPT 'CRITICAL TEXT', AND THAT YOU ARE MERELY HIDING WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY ABOUT, I.E., A DECEIVER.

Reactions: Wrangler