King James Version Only...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof of your idolatry is in repeatedly not answering my question.

There would be no hesitation among readers of other translations that the answer is not to foist their preferred translation on people over bringing people to Christ. I don't think you'd know what idolatry is if it came up and bit you on your KJV/NKJV preferring behind.

In your many attempts to discredit other translations, you have revealed your profound ignorance of the Bible and the God of the Bible, e.g., God does kill children and babies when it suits him. This notion of doctrinal supremacy over the actual word of God is common among KJV idolators.

You confessed you used to be KJV only. I let you know the shadow of that remains. See above points. There is a rabid Atheist on these boards. Like you, he denies is true nature. He claims to really be merely a skeptic, an agnostic. Clearly, he had recognized it is easy to defend "I don't know" than " X is true." But God taught us it is not what people say that matters. It is by their fruit you shall know them. If this offends you, well, bless your heart.
Just because I spoke too soon does not make me ignorant, it’s this type of personal attack that makes it impossible to have a conversation with you, and insinuating that I have some hidden agenda is ridiculous

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU are NOT to be TRUSTED WITH GOD'S WRITTEN WORD.

You are a DECEIVER, and clearly have come here to MOCK The Word of God. So go back to your Occult friends and tell them that Jesus Christ IS... coming soon to end their matters.
You don’t know much about being a Christian it seems from your posts

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those faithful followers of Jesus Christ, the strong meat of this KJV matter vs. the modern corruptionists can found in the Thread I started at the link below...

In that Thread, I gave links to documented proofs of 19th century Bible scholar's Wescott and Hort's affiliations with the 'ghostly guild' at Cambridge, which later because the Society For Psychical Research, an Occult experimentation group that existed in London in those days, and still today. In the personal letters of Hort, he admits his association with the group.

That means the two 19th century British Bible scholars who presented the 1881 Bible version committee with a 'new' Greek text of the New Testament, were associated with Occult movements in Britain. That suggests influence by ANOTHER SPIRIT in their work.

And all... later post 1881 Bible versions using the Critical Greek text by Wescott and Hort for the New Testament translation, are manipulations by that 'another spirit' through them.

Reactions: HIM

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU are NOT to be TRUSTED WITH GOD'S WRITTEN WORD.

You are a DECEIVER, and clearly have come here to MOCK The Word of God. So go back to your Occult friends and tell them that Jesus Christ IS... coming soon to end their matters.
Yeah that’s the way to win people over.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. I think your standard of reference is wrong. That is why you cannot understand the God of the Bible causing parents to lose their baby, etc. Because of your poorest of all possible translation choices, you never understood correctly what the word of God is.
No I spoke too soon . When I thought about it I remembered Nathan confronting David and if you check my post I said there were times when God commanded Israel to kill everyone including children.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeap, Michael the Arch Angel even when disputing against satan over the body of Moses did not bring any railing accusations up. But simply said, the Lord rebuke thee
I’ve been guilty of losing my temper and posting things I shouldn’t have responding to someone who attacked me. It’s easy to get sucked in but I try not to let them push my buttons

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been guilty of losing my temper and posting things I shouldn’t have responding to someone who attacked me. It’s easy to get sucked in but I try not to let them push my buttons
Me too. Our Lord and Father God is gracious. His goodness leads us to repentance. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. For it is in Him we live, move and have our being.

Reactions: Keturah and RLT63

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, I am a faithful follower of Jesus Christ and use modern versions because I cannot read the KJV.
I am not a KJV only advocate. But it is my favorite and the bible God started my journey with. With that being said. A webster's dictionary was also part of the package. Plus a Strong's concordance.
J. P. Green has a literal translation I love and use based on the same Greek text as the KJV. Here is a link LITV - Green's Literal Translation (LITV)
Prayers my friend.

Reactions: Davy and RLT63

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a KJV only advocate. But it is my favorite and the bible God started my journey with. With that being said. A webster's dictionary was also part of the package. Plus a Strong's concordance.

J. P. Green has a literal translation I love and use based on the same Greek text as the KJV. Here is a link LITV - Green's Literal Translation (LITV)

Prayers my friend.

I do not want to have to use a dictionary when I read the Bible. That is also distracting to me, like the thees and thous. I don't know when the last time I used a dictionary was in everyday life.

I just want to read the Bible and not have distractions because of the language of the Bible. It's why I won't use the KJV. I have no issues with others reading it if that is the Bible they choose.

I also don't get into the difference in texts and stuff like that. It matters not to me.

My choice is the NRSV Catholic Edition as I an Episcopalian and that version goes well with the daily office readings.

Reactions: RLT63

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not want to have to use a dictionary when I read the Bible. That is also distracting to me, like the thees and thous. I don't know when the last time I used a dictionary was in everyday life.

I just want to read the Bible and not have distractions because of the language of the Bible. It's why I won't use the KJV. I have no issues with others reading it if that is the Bible they choose.

I also don't get into the difference in texts and stuff like that. It matters not to me.

My choice is the NRSV Catholic Edition as I an Episcopalian and that version goes well with the daily office readings.
So you know the meaning of every modern English word used in the bible you read? In my experience with the people in my sphere, most don't.

To this day I am always using a Websters or some dictionary in all my readings, and my reading level is and has been at college level since the 8th grade.

At the very least one should have a dictionary by their side when reading anything, especially the Bible, so we understand what we readest. :contemplate:

Last edited:

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you know the meaning of every modern English word used in the bible you read?

Actually, yes. Context means alot. If I don't understand a word, I will understand it by reading on. I cannot do that with the King James because there will be another word I don't know within that sentence.

I do not want to use a dictionary when reading the Bible. If I am reading in my own vernacular, I won't need a dictionary.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Post #756. It seems our friend deleted evidence of his position during this amusing discussion. Fortunately, the record is preserved in Post #756.

I reject the notion that God kills children for any reason

and as I said there was a reason for the order to kill everyone.
The only time you graciously accept rebuke is when you rebuke yourself. :pfite:

You are like John Kerry being for the war before he was against the war. You say there was a reason God kills children and babies AFTER you said you reject the notion 'for any reason.'

In another post, you said you were KJV-only about 30 years ago. I believe you have had the Bible in your life for as long as you say. Please consider why you don't have what the Bible says in your heart. Why do you:
  1. first vehemently argue an incorrect position, then
  2. claim the opposite is what you said, then
  3. claim who you are arguing with is <INSERT INSULT HERE> and incapable of having a civil conversation, etc.
There is no being civil with you
Your frustration is palpable. I'll pray for you, my friend.

. Your question proves nothing

Relying on copy and pasting again! My questions proves IDOLATRY but you don't have eye to see. The same as above, you answer "B" only after about 12 posts dodging the question and accusing me of all manner of debauchery.

I doubt if I can prove these divisive and argumentative posts now because I'm not sure if you deleted them, like you deleted the post I responded to in Post #756. I suppose you would not want to share why you deleted the post where you wrote, "I reject the notion that God kills children for any reason?"

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, yes. Context means alot. If I don't understand a word, I will understand it by reading on. I cannot do that with the King James because there will be another word I don't know within that sentence.

I do not want to use a dictionary when reading the Bible. If I am reading in my own vernacular, I won't need a dictionary.
I don't believe that but okay... take care.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that but okay... take care.

Not sure what there isn't to believe. Just because you need a dictionary to read your Bible doesn't mean that all do.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Post #756. It seems our friend deleted evidence of his position during this amusing discussion. Fortunately, the record is preserved in Post #756.

The only time you graciously accept rebuke is when you rebuke yourself. :pfite:

You are like John Kerry being for the war before he was against the war. You say there was a reason God kills children and babies AFTER you said you reject the notion 'for any reason.'

In another post, you said you were KJV-only about 30 years ago. I believe you have had the Bible in your life for as long as you say. Please consider why you don't have what the Bible says in your heart. Why do you:
  1. first vehemently argue an incorrect position, then
  2. claim the opposite is what you said, then
  3. claim who you are arguing with is <INSERT INSULT HERE> and incapable of having a civil conversation, etc.

Your frustration is palpable. I'll pray for you, my friend.

Relying on copy and pasting again! My questions proves IDOLATRY but you don't have eye to see. The same as above, you answer "B" only after about 12 posts dodging the question and accusing me of all manner of debauchery.

I doubt if I can prove these divisive and argumentative posts now because I'm not sure if you deleted them, like you deleted the post I responded to in Post #756. I suppose you would not want to share why you deleted the post where you wrote, "I reject the notion that God kills children for any reason?"
Like I said I spoke too soon, you have to accept that children were killed in the flood, and there were times God instructed that everyone be killed.That doesn’t mean I am ignorant and if you remember you started this conversation by ridiculing my post. I didn’t dodge your question you asked someone else first then when I answered you ignored it because I didn’t stipulate A or B. I finally had to put the answer as B so you could understand it. Someone who dishonestly selects portions of what someone says and takes it out of context shouldn’t complain about a post being deleted

Last edited:

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what there isn't to believe. Just because you need a dictionary to read your Bible doesn't mean that all do.
You and anybody that says they don't need a dictionary from time to time in reading anything. Most just gloss over when reading. We have been teaching various Bible classes for over 20 years and without fail every time when the class was asked about a specific word, there were people who either gave a wrong understanding of the word brought up or a false acknowledgement that they understood said word.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just because you need a dictionary to read your Bible doesn't mean that all do.
Not all need a dictionary when reading an obsolete language? WTH?! This shows the KJV-only crowd has no compassion for those who rely on translators to translate God's word in the own vernacular.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and anybody that says they don't need a dictionary from time to time in reading anything. Most just gloss over when reading. We have been teaching various Bible classes for over 20 years and without fail every time when the class was asked about a specific word, there were people who either gave a wrong understanding of the word brought up or a false acknowledgement that they understood said word.

There is always a first time for everything.

As I said, context matters.