King James Version Only...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all need a dictionary when reading an obsolete language? WTH?! This shows the KJV-only crowd has no compassion for those who rely on translators to translate God's word in the own vernacular.

I think you mistake me for someone whonis KJVO. I don't even read the KJV.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said I spoke too soon, you have to accept that children were killed in the flood, and there were times God instructed that everyone be killed.That doesn’t mean I am ignorant and if you remember you started this conversation by ridiculing my post.
What does it mean that you keep 'speaking' too soon?

I was going to bring up the flood also. Glad you are considering other parts of Scripture. :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you mistake me for someone whonis KJVO. I don't even read the KJV.
Sorry. I was not directing my post to you. Rather, leap frogging on your points, which I agree with.

The notion of having a dictionary handy when reading is always a good idea. However, I want to better learn my language, not dead languages. The IDOLATRY of KJV-only folks is sad.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I was not directing my post to you. Rather, leap frogging on your points, which I agree with.

The notion of having a dictionary handy when reading is always a good idea. However, I want to better learn my language, not dead languages. The IDOLATRY of KJV-only folks is sad.

That makes sense.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean that you keep 'speaking' too soon?

I was going to bring up the flood also. Glad you are considering other parts of Scripture. :)
Thank you for being civil. I did put my foot in my mouth and I acknowledged that. When I said I spoke too soon I am talking about one incident so I don’t know what you mean that I keep saying it. I was just addressing your posts

Last edited:

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So it is sad to idolize the word of God regardless of the version?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is sad to idolize the word of God regardless of the version?
What if I came home and found a note from my wife that said “ I love you and I’m proud of you. Please take out the garbage and feed the dogs.” Then when she got home the house was full of people and she said “What’s going on?” And I said “I loved your note so much I called all my friends and we are studying it and I have an English professor explaining what exactly each word means.” And she said “Did you take out the garbage and feed the dogs?” And I said “No, I was so busy studying your note that I didn’t do what it said.” I think we do that with the Bible sometimes and our focus is on studying it and not enough on doing what it tells us.

Reactions: Wrangler

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if I came home and found a note from my wife that said “ I love you and I’m proud of you. Please take out the garbage and feed the dogs.” Then when she got home the house was full of people and she said “What’s going on?” And I said “I loved your note so much I called all my friends and we are studying it and I have an English professor explaining what exactly each word means.” And she said “Did you take out the garbage and feed the dogs?” And I said “No, I was so busy studying your note that I didn’t do what it said.” I think we do that with the Bible sometimes and our focus is on studying it and not enough on doing what it tells us.

Reactions: HIM and Wrangler

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a KJV only advocate. But it is my favorite and the bible God started my journey with. With that being said. A webster's dictionary was also part of the package. Plus a Strong's concordance.
J. P. Green has a literal translation I love and use based on the same Greek text as the KJV. Here is a link LITV - Green's Literal Translation (LITV)
Prayers my friend.
Lot of folks who prefer to the later modern Bible versions don't like the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Do you wonder why? It's because Dr. James Strong based his Concordance on the words for the KJV translation. So the two go together, and have been a Christian Bible study mainstay for over a century.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Career equals agenda. The Scribes and Pharisees or the Holy Spirit through God's people?
Career equals agenda? Too cynical for me!

I don't understand what you mean by "The Scribes and Pharisees or the Holy Spirit through God's people" in this context.