Lame Sacrifice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
Malachi 1:6-8 6 A son honors his father and a servant his master; if then I be a Father where is my honor? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of host, O you priest, that despise my name .And say how have we despised thy name?7 You offer polluted bread upon my alter; and say, The table of the Lord is contemptible. 8 And you offer the blind for your sacrifice, Is this not evil? and if you offer the lame and the sick, is that not evil? Offer it now to the govenor; will he be pleased with you? or accept thy person? saith the Lord of host.This is us ''The American church''of today, we do not honor God nor do we fear him. We honor ourselves and fear nothing, we have been taught by seeker sensitive churches and the OSAS doctrine and the hyper grace teachers that all we must do is make a profession of faith and we are eternally secure.We live Mon-Sat like the world and think we can come to church on Sunday and worship God this is polluted bread and dishonors God.We party all weekend and show up Sunday morning giving God praise this is blind, lame, and sick sacrifices and shows a lack of fear and knowledge of the righteous judgment of God.We dishonor God in our action, teaching, beliefs, and doctrine.Malachi 1:9-10 9 And now you pray and beseech God that he will be gracious unto us; this is been by your means will he regard your persons? saith the Lord.10 Who in there even among you would shut the door for naught? neither do you kindle fire on my altar for naught. I have no pleasure on you, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.You think that God will be gracious to you for showing up on Sunday and claiming his name, HE WILL NOT.He takes no pleasure in you.Your profession of faith is mute.He will not here your lies.What we must do is is turn to God out of a pure and honest heart of repentance.Then he will hear you and forgive your sins.Refrain from sin, die to self, and exalt God into his proper place.Then he will justify you.Honor and Fear God now for judgment is coming.

good times

Dec 11, 2008
I don't think scare tactics are the best way to convert non-believers or even win back backsliding believers. A large number of Christians only believe for fear of Hell and are just covering their afterlife backsides.

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (good times @ May 9 2009, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73432
I don't think scare tactics are the best way to convert non-believers or even win back backsliding believers. A large number of Christians only believe for fear of Hell and are just covering their afterlife backsides.
I am not trying to scare nor convert anyone, simply speaking the truth.