Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo.

One theory is that rather than linear FTL acceleration being achieved, spacetime is warped so that distant co-ordinates are continuously brought closer.

Experiments are difficult because of the start-finish conundrum. A sensor array needs to know when a particle starts its journey and when it finishes so that its velocity can be calculated.

Elaborate . . .

A warp field just curves space between two points so that a spaceship takes the shortcut of a straight line between them.

The spaceship doesn’t go any faster, it just traverses a shorter distance and arrives faster..

Light would be doing the same thing in a warp field, thus wouldn’t go faster.

I would bet we can never generate the kind of power it would take to massively bend space over large distances such as even a one light year distance - thus FTL travel will remain in the realm of Star Trek sci fi, IMO.

Shalom Aleichem

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was just over on a mark-of-the-beast thread and they were acting beastly, so I thought I'd come over here for awhile.
Hey, do you feel like arguing about something? Physics is stupid! Lol
Yeah, stupid computers and stupid internet all because of stupid scientists and Christians inventing stupid formulas.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, stupid computers and stupid internet all because of stupid scientists and Christians inventing stupid formulas.

I still haven’t wrapped my mind around quantum computers enough to fully grasp it.

Zero point energy, quantum entanglement and the uncertainty principle too.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A warp field just curves space between two points so that a spaceship takes the shortcut of a straight line between them.

The spaceship doesn’t go any faster, it just traverses a shorter distance and arrives faster..

Light would be doing the same thing in a warp field, thus wouldn’t go faster.

I would bet we can never generate the kind of power it would take to massively bend space over large distances such as even a one light year distance - thus FTL travel will remain in the realm of Star Trek sci fi, IMO.

Shalom Aleichem
Yes, that's a fair comment, so when I find theoretical physicists looking at work-arounds my interest is piqued..

Something similar to the butterfly effect has been proposed whereby the behaviour of a particle on one side of the universe instantaneously affects a particle on the other side of the Universe due to an as yet undiscovered signal conductor that facilitates unified quantum reality.

Unified quantum reality links sub-atomic particles in such a way that they always "know" what each other is doing, much the same as remote control of spacecraft is possible but with no time differential.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo.

One theory is that rather than linear FTL acceleration being achieved, spacetime is warped so that distant co-ordinates are continuously brought closer.

Experiments are difficult because of the start-finish conundrum. A sensor array needs to know when a particle starts its journey and when it finishes so that its velocity can be calculated.

Elaborate . . .
I've always thought that a black hole sees distance as contracted. So a neighboring body has the distance of zero compared to it's distance.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, a wise guy, eh? Lol
Wisdom is as wisdom does:
459facd78b9dbaf6122bdf065188fec7.png

Reactions: Truman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So,
is there a black hole behind our sun and we are getting sucked into it?
Is that what's warping time?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning CB. It's 5:10am in the Pacific Northwest. Its 36F out and super cold. I returned from my walk shivering. Going to have to wait to walk till the sun comes up :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10:30am in DownEast Maine. About 65F and sunny. I took a ride to the local acupuncturist and no one was home. Perhaps they are in Florida running from winter. So I picked up a chocolate eclair and a coffee and been sitting on the front deck with the cats enjoying the sun.
Won't be many more days like this, so I'm trying to take advantage of it.
Picked up another bottle of Tylenol super strength.
If you pick any up, make sure you have a pair of plyers or something to pry the cap off. They fixed them so you can't just push and twist. I tried.
I had to use a spoon and a knife because the tool box is buried in one of the bedrooms.
Just waiting for them to kick in.

Good Morning CB!
HUGS

Reactions: dev553344

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So,
is there a black hole behind our sun and we are getting sucked into it?
Is that what's warping time?
No black hole behind the sun. Remember Earth completes an orbit approx every 365 days so the signs of this would be detected. You might be aware of the Sc-fi myth that proposes a Counter-Earth which exactly matches our planet's plane and speed of orbit so that it always stays hidden behind the sun, but space probes have not detected any such planet.

If the sun does eventually use up all its nuclear fuel and collapse in on itself in a supernova, the result will be a very dense black hole, and God's Plan will be fulfilled.

Reactions: Ziggy