Law of Christ is Whole, Good, and Reasonable to Do

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 3 ways that unrighteous sinners justify themselves without doing the law of Christ, and so diminish the law and demonize doing the law of Christ:

1. Commandments are separated from the law.

False, the law is whole and has all of the Lord's commandments written therein, and are obeyed to fulfill the law: (Luke 10:25-27), (James 2:8-11)

2. The law is dead, and doing the law is unrighteous and unjustified with Christ.

False, It is good and justified to do the law of Christ, even as doing His word, for the law is His word written first on paper, and also in hearts and minds: (Rom 2:13)(James 1:22)

Should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. (Is 8)

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. (John 15)

3. The law of Christ is perfectionism.

False, the law of Christ is entirely reasonable and doable by any sensible law-abiding citizen on earth, especially that of Israel of God. (Gal 5:19-20) (I Cor 6:9-10)

Jesus was not a perfectionist, nor is His law one of post-resurrection perfectionism.

There is no point of law of Christ ever declaring a passing thought, feeling, emotion, or imagination is sinning for the devil against God, Only after the resurrection of the dead body, will there be no more sinful thought entering into the spirit and mind of just men made perfect forever.

The law of Christ declares lusting for sin with the devil is sinning in sight of God, but it is a lie of the devil to say that a passing thought of frustration at an idiot driver is hatred and murder.

The law of Christ is whole, good, and reasonable for purified souls with unperfected minds and mortal flesh to love, do, and be justified by Christ.

Normal sinners of the world do not argue against the the law of Christ, even when theya re transgressing it, because they know they are the offenders, not His law.

But unrighteous christian transgressors of His law blaspheme it in all manner perverse ways in order to justify themselves.

And they do so with many great sounding words of grace:

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies.

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Christ is made for one thing: to prove exactly when any man is sinning for the devil against God.

No amount of fair speeches about faith and grace can alter the truth, that if someone is transgressing the written law of Christ, in fornications, chambering, thefts, evil-surmisings, lusting for the flesh of another, etc... they are of the devil and not born of God.

The law against such things of the devil is not written to the righteous, for whom such things have no place in their pure hearts and clean minds.

If we ever find ourselves doing such things, then we know we too are separated from Christ like any other sinner on earth, and must confess and repent for His' sake to be forgiven, saved, and born of Him.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

The definition of hypocrite is to be doing such devilish things, and to still profess godliness with Christ at the same time.

And the abomination of desolate doctrine is to diminish, profane, and do away with the law of Christ, in order to be justified in hypocrisy.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

We enter into the kingdom of heaven by being born of God, so that our righteousness exceeds that of Pharisees who do the letter of law outwardly only, but without faith in the Spirit of Christ.

Those still transgressing the law of Christ aren't even as righteous as a Pharisee.

Transgressors are not in the kingdom of God, nor even in the race of righteousness for everlasting life.

And those justifying themselves by persecuting the law of Christ, sit around on the sidelines telling one another how they have already won the race 'by grace'.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 3 ways that unrighteous sinners justify themselves without doing the law of Christ, and so diminish the law and demonize doing the law of Christ:

False, the law is whole and has all of the Lord's commandments written therein, and are obeyed to fulfill the law: (Luke 10:25-27), (James 2:8-11)

2. The law is dead, and doing the law is unrighteous and unjustified with Christ.

False, It is good and justified to do the law of Christ, even as doing His word, for the law is His word written first on paper, and also in hearts and minds: (Rom 2:13)(James 1:22)

Should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. (Is 8)

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. (John 15)

False, the law of Christ is entirely reasonable and doable by any sensible law-abiding citizen on earth, especially that of Israel of God. (Gal 5:19-20) (I Cor 6:9-10)

Jesus was not a perfectionist, nor is His law one of post-resurrection perfectionism.

There is no point of law of Christ ever declaring a passing thought, feeling, emotion, or imagination is sinning for the devil against God, Only after the resurrection of the dead body, will there be no more sinful thought entering into the spirit and mind of just men made perfect forever.

The law of Christ declares lusting for sin with the devil is sinning in sight of God, but it is a lie of the devil to say that a passing thought of frustration at an idiot driver is hatred and murder.

The law of Christ is whole, good, and reasonable for purified souls with unperfected minds and mortal flesh to love, do, and be justified by Christ.

Normal sinners of the world do not argue against the the law of Christ, even when theya re transgressing it, because they know they are the offenders, not His law.

But unrighteous christian transgressors of His law blaspheme it in all manner perverse ways in order to justify themselves.

So Rob do you worship and serve Jehovah exclusively sir? Mat 4:10

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Rob do you worship and serve Jehovah exclusively sir? Mat 4:10
Take your idol elsewhere.

Jesus is my Lord and my God.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take your idol elsewhere.

Jesus is my Lord and my God.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
That is the distinction sir. Obedience is not only the key, but the identifier as well Rob. Mat 4:10;7:20
I do however find it interesting you associated Michael with Jesus, many are not aware of his heavenly identity.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the distinction sir. Obedience is not only the key, but the identifier as well Rob. Mat 4:10;7:20
I do however find it interesting you associated Michael with Jesus, many are not aware of his heavenly identity.

And so now Jesus is Michael. I'll add that to the idolatry list. Thanks.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so now Jesus is Michael. I'll add that to the idolatry list. Thanks.

He definitely had to be named something correct Rob? He was not named Jesus until he came to earth in the flesh. There is evidence to support that Jesus is Michael the archangel, which that title means the highest angel sir.

I guess I misunderstood your post sir, I thought it was you that made the comparison.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:8 says
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men

I feel sad because Ive never heard that verse spoken before a day ago. We are supposed to be affirming this constantly. How come we've fallen away from this?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you ask most Christians, "what did Christ accomplish on the Cross" they will say He paid the sin debt of man that we can be saved. That is true, but it is much deeper than that, rd.

On the Cross, Christ defeated sin! He destroyed the power that sin has over us if we place our faith in Him.

Those under the Law of Moses only had willpower to keep the Law, and none of them could keep that Law perfectly as required by God.

John 7:19
"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?"

They were to see they could not keep the Law, this is where the Law, as Paul said, pointed to Christ. It was the Sacrificial System of the animal sacrifice on the alter that represented Christ, and faith in that animal sacrifice evidenced faith in the coming Messiah who would be the ultimate sacrifice.

Now that Christ has come and completed that ultimate sacrifice, look at what Paul says about that!

Rom. 8:3-4
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

"The Law being weak through the flesh" is the inability of man to keep it. But God sending His Son, what He accomplished on the Cross, "condemned sin in the flesh."

That made it possible "for the Law to be fulfilled in us." It was what He did that makes that possible, not anything we have done or can do!

What we do is what Paul said! We walk after the Spirit. How do we do that?

Rom. 8:13
"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

Walking in the Spirit is allowing the Holy Spirit to put to death the sin in the flesh. We can't do it, those under the Law couldn't do it and we can't do it. Only the Holy Spirit can do it. But we must cooperate with Him.

We have the will for sin to be taken from us, but it is the Holy Spirit that does it by our faith and surrendering to His will for our lives.

This is what Christ has accomplished for us on the Cross for our sanctification.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ask most Christians, "what did Christ accomplish on the Cross" they will say He paid the sin debt of man that we can be saved. That is true, but it is much deeper than that, rd.

On the Cross, Christ defeated sin! He destroyed the power that sin has over us if we place our faith in Him.

Those under the Law of Moses only had willpower to keep the Law, and none of them could keep that Law perfectly as required by God.

John 7:19
"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?"

They were to see they could not keep the Law, this is where the Law, as Paul said, pointed to Christ. It was the Sacrificial System of the animal sacrifice on the alter that represented Christ, and faith in that animal sacrifice evidenced faith in the coming Messiah who would be the ultimate sacrifice.

Now that Christ has come and completed that ultimate sacrifice, look at what Paul says about that!

Rom. 8:3-4
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

"The Law being weak through the flesh" is the inability of man to keep it. But God sending His Son, what He accomplished on the Cross, "condemned sin in the flesh."

That made it possible "for the Law to be fulfilled in us." It was what He did that makes that possible, not anything we have done or can do!

What we do is what Paul said! We walk after the Spirit. How do we do that?

Rom. 8:13
"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

Walking in the Spirit is allowing the Holy Spirit to put to death the sin in the flesh. We can't do it, those under the Law couldn't do it and we can't do it. Only the Holy Spirit can do it. But we must cooperate with Him.

We have the will for sin to be taken from us, but it is the Holy Spirit that does it by our faith and surrendering to His will for our lives.

This is what Christ has accomplished for us on the Cross for our sanctification.
I am not sure what your answer is, pertaining to the points I make, about why transgressors say the law of God written in Scripture, is not to be kept outwardly.

As Christians we speak of the law of Christ, not of Moses.

Are you agreeing with #3?

Do you say that the law of Christ given for us by His apostles, is not to be kept outwardly? According to the letter?

Are you saying righteousness of God is now inward only, and has nothing to do with doing the law of God righteously in life?

Or, are you saying it is only possible to do the law righteously in life, through the grace, faith, and Spirit of Christ within?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the "law of Christ?"

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what your answer is, pertaining to the points I make, about why transgressors say the law of God written in Scripture, is not to be kept outwardly.

As Christians we speak of the law of Christ, not of Moses.

Are you agreeing with #3?

Do you say that the law of Christ given for us by His apostles, is not to be kept outwardly? According to the letter?

Are you saying righteousness of God is now inward only, and has nothing to do with doing the law of God righteously in life?

Or, are you saying it is only possible to do the law righteously in life, through the grace, faith, and Spirit of Christ within?

Man who thinks he can keep the Law of Christ is stealing the thunder from the Holy Spirit.

Christ has shown us that keeping the Commandments are not just in deed, but also in thought.

You cannot keep those commandments perfectly as required, that's why Grace is given through faith.

If you think you can keep those commandments perfectly at all times, you are deceiving yourself.

Even with the help of the Holy Spirit you can't keep it perfectly as demanded. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

"the Law is the power of sin".

"you are not under the Law, but under Grace"... (if you are born again)

"Christ has redeemed the born again ...from the CURSE OF THE LAW"..

"Christ is the END of THE LAW....= for Righteousness".

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the "law of Christ?"
The law of Christ is any Scriptural command, point, and exhortation given to His apostles for us to do by His grace, Spirit, and divine power. The main difference between the law of Moses and the law of Christ, is to first cleanse our spirit inwardly by His Spirit, while also cleansing our flesh obeying His law outwardly.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

This Scripture is in the law of Christ, that is not found in that of Moses, because Christ had not yet come, died, and risen again with power to be born again by faith.

The law of Moses was weak in that it only commanded outward obedience.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the Law is the power of sin".

"you are not under the Law, but under Grace"... (if you are born again)

"Christ has redeemed the born again ...from the CURSE OF THE LAW"..

"Christ is the END of THE LAW....= for Righteousness".
Good quotes. If you would like to respond to any point I make, or ask clarification, I'd be glad to help.

I no longer waste time arguing with people on the bible study forum.

You can go private with me, or take it to the debate forum.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man who thinks he can keep the Law of Christ is stealing the thunder from the Holy Spirit.

Christ has shown us that keeping the Commandments are not just in deed, but also in thought.

You cannot keep those commandments perfectly as required, that's why Grace is given through faith.

If you think you can keep those commandments perfectly at all times, you are deceiving yourself.

Even with the help of the Holy Spirit you can't keep it perfectly as demanded. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!
I see, you think the law of Christ is perfectionism. You also therefore say Jesus commands us to do what we cannot do, even with His help, which of course is an accusation that Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection are not enough. Others have said the same thing.

The law of Christ is not perfectionism, but purity and wholeness of heart and soundness of mind.

Having unwanted unrighteous or ungodly thoughts appear in our renewed minds is temptation from the spirit of this world, which we are given power and commandment to cast down and refuse, and not allow them to become lust in the heart to sin against God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds,

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

That is the good fight of faith we must endure for Jesus' sake. Only in the resurrection of the body, will our renewed minds be perfected, and will no more need be cleansed from any unwanted unlovely ungodly thought evermore. That is the blessed hope of the church.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Until I began to fight the spiritual warfare properly within, I was clean by law outwardly only, but not cleansed inwardly, and so I did not have the purity, peace, and assurance abiding within me.

Pray to God for faith to begin fighting the spiritual warfare according to the Scripture, and see for yourself the divine power of Christ is given for all who believe to obey Him.

Jesus is not unjust to command His people do something He knows they cannot do, and He certainly is the perfect Saviour able to help us do all things as He did on earth. he had tempting thought in all points, even as we, yet without sinning, and so can we as His flesh and bones.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, you think the law of Christ is perfectionism. You also therefore say Jesus commands us to do what we cannot do, even with His help, which of course is an accusation that Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection are not enough. Others have said the same thing.

The law of Christ is not perfectionism, but purity and wholeness of heart and soundness of mind.

Having unwanted unrighteous or ungodly thoughts appear in our renewed minds is temptation from the spirit of this world, which we are given power and commandment to cast down and refuse, and not allow them to become lust in the heart to sin against God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds,

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

That is the good fight of faith we must endure for Jesus' sake. Only in the resurrection of the body, will our renewed minds be perfected, and will no more need be cleansed from any unwanted unlovely ungodly thought evermore. That is the blessed hope of the church.

Until I began to fight the spiritual warfare properly within, I was clean by law outwardly only, but not cleansed inwardly, and so I did not have the purity, peace, and assurance abiding within me.

Pray to God for faith to begin fighting the spiritual warfare according to the Scripture, and see for yourself the divine power of Christ is given for all who believe to obey Him.

Jesus is not unjust to command His people do something He knows they cannot do, and He certainly is the perfect Saviour able to help us do all things as He did on earth. he had tempting thought in all points, even as we, yet without sinning, and so can we as His flesh and bones.

It must be the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost, and robert derrick!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Christ is any Scriptural command, point, and exhortation given to His apostles for us to do by His grace, Spirit, and divine power.

This kinda just sounds like garden-variety dispensationalism.

How does the law or command of Christ differ, if any, from the law or command of God as referred to in, say, 1 Corinthians 9:21 or 1 Corinthians 7:19?