Laying On Of Hands , Heb 6:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , and as I have said , the word , Leaving means the , Abandoning or Forsaking the laying on of Hands , and WHAT it means ,or what else can Forshaking the Doctrine of laying on of Hands MEAN , in Heb 6:1 . 1) The laying on of hands was in relation to a number of things to Israel , and NOT to the Body of Christ . a) animal sacifices in Lev 1:4 ; 4:4 ; 16:21 .
cool.gif
for blessings in Gen 48:14 , 17-18 ; Matt 19:13-15 .c) for appointing to office in Num 27:18 ; Deut 34:9 .d) for use in healing in Luke 13:13 ; Mark 8:23 .e) for receiving the Holy Spirit in Acts 8:17-19 . It could be possibly that the Hebrew believers were putting too much emphasis on these things . Much of this has been brought into the [rotestant Chruch by way of Catholicism .

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
QUOTE (dan p @ Apr 17 2009, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72715
Hi to all , and as I have said , the word , Leaving means the , Abandoning or Forsaking the laying on of Hands , and WHAT it means ,or what else can Forshaking the Doctrine of laying on of Hands MEAN , in Heb 1:1 . ...
Dp, I am not sure what Scripture you are meaning to refer to here. Hebrews 1: 1 says nothing about "leaving." You might be thinking about Hebrews 6: 1, but that text is a part of a much larger context, which starts with Hebrews 5:1 and continues through 10: 18.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72716
Dp, I am not sure what Scripture you are meaning to refer to here. Hebrews 1: 1 says nothing about "leaving." You might be thinking about Hebrews 6: 1, but that text is a part of a much larger context, which starts with Hebrews 5:1 and continues through 10: 18.
Yes , tomwebster , I meant Heb 6:1 , where my KJV begins verse 1 , as Leaving , which in Greek means to Leave the principles of the doctrines of Christ . I know that you have said that we have to look at the THerefore , which I always do . The therefore is found throughout the whole book and a good one is v11-14 and it is talking about the Jews and not the Body of Christ