The vertical realm interacts with or H5060-touches the horizontal realm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
H5060 first appears in Genesis 3:

3 But God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
touch
תִגְּע֖וּ (ṯig·gə·‘ū)
Verb - Qal - Imperfect - second person masculine plural
Strong's 5060: To touch, lay the hand upon, to reach, violently, to strike

Strong's Hebrew: 5060. נָגַע (naga) — 150 Occurrences

H5060-touch has a nuance of striking violently. Don't touch this fruit physically. If you do, something happens violently in the spiritual realm concerning you.

NASB, Gen 12:

17 But the LORD struck [H5060] Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai, Abram’s wife.
It is the same Hebrew word. The LORD touched Pharaoh. The vertical (spirit) realm interacted with the horizontal (physical) realm.

Genesis 28:

12 And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached [H5060] to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!
A ladder on earth H5060-touches the heaven.

1 Kings 19:

5 And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.”
An angel touched Elijah.

2 Kings 13:

21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
When a dead body touched a spiritual reality represented by Elisha's bones, it came to life.

2 Kings 15:

5 And the LORD touched the king, so that he was a leper to the day of his death, and he lived in a separate house. And Jotham the king’s son was over the household, governing the people of the land.
The LORD H5060-struck the king.

Esther 4:

14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come [H5060] to your royal position for such a time as this?”
Esther has H5060-touched the royal position.

Job 1:

11 But stretch out your hand and touch [H5060] all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.”
Legacy Standard Bible:

19 and behold, a great wind came from across the wilderness and touched [H5060] the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they died, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”
Job 2:

5 But stretch out your hand and touch [H5060] his bone and his flesh, and he will curse you to your face.”
Job 5:

19 He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no evil shall touch [H5060] you.
The Book of Job speaks of touches from the vertical realm.

Psalm 88:

3 For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near [H5060] to Sheol.
Psalm 104:

32 he who looks at the earth, and it trembles, who touches [H5060] the mountains, and they smoke.
Isaiah 6:

7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
Isaiah 53:

4 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken [H5060] by him, and afflicted.
Jeremiah 1:

9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.
Daniel 8:

18 While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.
Amos 9:

5 The Lord, the LORD Almighty— he touches the earth and it melts, and all who live in it mourn; the whole land rises like the Nile, then sinks like the river of Egypt.
Zechariah 2:

8 For this is what the LORD Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye.
H5060 often indicates a positive or negative interaction between the vertical and horizontal realms.

Similarly imageries are in the NT, Luke 11:

20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
ESV, 1 John 5:

18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.
See also Vertical-horizontal intervention: Miracle.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
touch
H5060 often indicates a positive or negative interaction between the vertical and horizontal realms.

See also Vertical-horizontal intervention: Miracle.
Thanks, the use of this particular word seems to express just what you indicate, a definite reaction when something sacred and something profane contact one another, or when the supernatural makes contact with the natural (or vice versa). We would do well to keep things in their proper order!

Reactions: TonyChanYT