Learn How To Read The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must understand these administrations have different time periods in the Bible and each have their own beginning and their own ending—with the exception of the last one.

The first is called the Paradise administration. It was the time of innocence, the time before the fall that ends with Adam and Eve being expelled from the garden of the original paradise.

The second is the Patriarchal administration. It was the time after the fall from the Garden of Eden, but before the Law was given. This second administration ended with the coming of the Law to Moses.

The third is the Legal administration. It's suited only to Israel under the Law, and is sometimes called the Mosaic Law that terminated when Jesus Christ died.

The fourth is the Christ administration that overlapped and functioned within the Law administration. Both the Law and the Christ administration officially ended with the coming of Pentecost.

The fifth started on the day of Pentecost as recorded in the second chapter of the book of Acts. This is the present administration of Grace that is for the Church of God. It's the time period you and I now belong to because it's the Grace administration, without any distinction made between the Jew and the Gentile, which will end with the appearing of Jesus Christ.

The sixth begins with the appearing of Jesus Christ, and the gathering together of the saints. Believe it or not, this administration ends with Satan destroyed, and the great white throne judgment.

The seventh is the Glory or Paradise administration, which will not have an ending.

These different administrations are suited to different times because God has spoken everything to its proper time and administration. We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we read into one administration what God tells us belongs to another administration. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

What is written directly to the Jews, belongs to and is for the Jews. What is written directly to the Gentiles, belongs to and is for the Gentiles. What is written directly to the Church of God, belongs to and is for the Church of God. What does God mean when He tells us that the visions shown to Isaiah was concerning Judah and Jerusalem? It was not addressed to us or written concerning us, but it was addressed to and concerning Judah and Jerusalem. It would be dishonest for the Church of God to interpret to the Church of God what God said concerns Israel.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Peterlag, I agree 100%
For me, your outline has come at an appropriate time. Just last night I was studying the division between the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Isa. 8:14

Ezk. 37:16-19 Reveals the "two sticks" prophecy, whereby that division of individuals, can only be joined into "one stick", through having faith in the resurrected Jesus, whereby each of both Israel and Judah can now be "born again", and become a "new creature" [creation].

So also with the symbolism of the "two olive trees", being of a similar representation through God's "two anointed ones", emptying the "golden oil" out of themselves. Zech. 4:11-14. I perceive that to be John the Baptist and Jesus.

Spiritually and physically, not many understand that John the baptist and Jesus were a joint ministry (for 1260 days), and are the only two people who were ever born with the Holy Spirit of God. To me, they truly are the "two witnesses" of Rev. 11:3-13.

As for their physical lineage, the father of John the Baptist was of the house of Judah, and Jesus' lineage through His mother Mary, was of the house of Israel.

Thanks for your timely outline. Much of what you say is exactly how I think, of which is most likely a description of how the mind of Christ within us interprets God's word for us.
Zech. 4:6 and 1Cor. 2:5, 16.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective is so highly interesting when you actually go through the bible for yourself, and consider what you are reading. There is New King James (Holman Study Bible, Thompson Chain Reference), Super Large Print King James Version, King James (Thompson Chain Reference), Youngs Literal translation, New Living Translation, and a new edition New American Standard Bible (2020.) That have been collected through out time.

During the time of coming to Christ, the focus is always on Christ being the foundation, the chief cornerstone on which the Apostles built their foundation. Through out the time that one decides to read, all the New Testament letters, and consider all the things in there, and simply take it for what it is. To me, there is a defined line between God's chosen people Israel, and then the Gentiles which do not really come more into the picture except shortly into the record of Acts. All of the Gospel is about Jesus coming to the Lost Sheep of Israel, and warning about them as a generation which would pass when they would eventually come upon them the great and dreadful day of the LORD, and it's all right there at the very beginning of Acts if you take time to read it.

There has been a lot of help through a teacher, who had helped me realizes these things, going against the common traditions of man, and also what is called ... something ... trying to recall "Apologetics, Sola Scriptura," when you stop and think and start to go against these "traditions" which have been taught in and through universities, and even people who teach and repeat things over and over which they learn from "Great pastors" or whoever behind a pulpit, and you push all that to the side and you dig in it for yourself. With faith, and the promise of the Holy spirit with you, and if you are honest with yourself, your eyes will be open to the truth which shall set you free.

You don't need others truth, or nor to you have to believe their subjectional teachings that they may present, you can consider but you have to go and test things for yourself, and hold on to what is right, good, and stays true to the narrative that is founded in the bible. Bible Gateway passage: John 8:31-32 - New American Standard Bible. May God give you the individual the increase, while others plant and water. Glory be to the Father, and praise him for the Son, Yeshua, the messiah, the anointed one.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 8.10.23 AM.png

Reactions: Earburner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must understand these administrations have different time periods in the Bible and each have their own beginning and their own ending—with the exception of the last one.

The first is called the Paradise administration. It was the time of innocence, the time before the fall that ends with Adam and Eve being expelled from the garden of the original paradise.

The second is the Patriarchal administration. It was the time after the fall from the Garden of Eden, but before the Law was given. This second administration ended with the coming of the Law to Moses.

The third is the Legal administration. It's suited only to Israel under the Law, and is sometimes called the Mosaic Law that terminated when Jesus Christ died.

The fourth is the Christ administration that overlapped and functioned within the Law administration. Both the Law and the Christ administration officially ended with the coming of Pentecost.

The fifth started on the day of Pentecost as recorded in the second chapter of the book of Acts. This is the present administration of Grace that is for the Church of God. It's the time period you and I now belong to because it's the Grace administration, without any distinction made between the Jew and the Gentile, which will end with the appearing of Jesus Christ.

The sixth begins with the appearing of Jesus Christ, and the gathering together of the saints. Believe it or not, this administration ends with Satan destroyed, and the great white throne judgment.

The seventh is the Glory or Paradise administration, which will not have an ending.

These different administrations are suited to different times because God has spoken everything to its proper time and administration. We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we read into one administration what God tells us belongs to another administration. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

What is written directly to the Jews, belongs to and is for the Jews. What is written directly to the Gentiles, belongs to and is for the Gentiles. What is written directly to the Church of God, belongs to and is for the Church of God. What does God mean when He tells us that the visions shown to Isaiah was concerning Judah and Jerusalem? It was not addressed to us or written concerning us, but it was addressed to and concerning Judah and Jerusalem. It would be dishonest for the Church of God to interpret to the Church of God what God said concerns Israel.
Only 17 "administrations" this time?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Peterlag, I agree 100%
For me, your outline has come at an appropriate time. Just last night I was studying the division between the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Isa. 8:14

Ezk. 37:16-19 Reveals the "two sticks" prophecy, whereby that division of individuals, can only be joined into "one stick", through having faith in the resurrected Jesus, whereby each of both Israel and Judah can now be "born again", and become a "new creature" [creation].

So also with the symbolism of the "two olive trees", being of a similar representation through God's "two anointed ones", emptying the "golden oil" out of themselves. Zech. 4:11-14. I perceive that to be John the Baptist and Jesus.

Spiritually and physically, not many understand that John the baptist and Jesus were a joint ministry (for 1260 days), and are the only two people who were ever born with the Holy Spirit of God. To me, they truly are the "two witnesses" of Rev. 11:3-13.

As for their physical lineage, the father of John the Baptist was of the house of Judah, and Jesus' lineage through His mother Mary, was of the house of Israel.

Thanks for your timely outline. Much of what you say is exactly how I think, of which is most likely a description of how the mind of Christ within us interprets God's word for us.
Zech. 4:6 and 1Cor. 2:5, 16.

You could read all that I wrote on this subject if you would enjoy doing so in chapter 2 of my online book that can be viewed here... www.carb-fat.com/jesus.html

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could read all that I wrote on this subject if you would enjoy doing so in chapter 2 of my online book that can be viewed here... www.carb-fat.com/jesus.html
I read ch. 2 of your book.

Yes! 2 Cor. 5
[14] For the love of Christ [Himself] constraineth us [Strongs. G4912]; because we thus judge, that if one died for ALL, then were all dead:

Since Jesus calls us to be perfect AS our Heavenly Father IS PERFECT,
we must agree with Jesus that within ourselves, apart from Him, there is NO GOOD THING in us or of us, and never will be. "Apart from me you can do nothing" [to save yourself from eternal death].

So then, the conclusion is: for one to "be perfect", it is not the act of trying to be perfect that saves us, but rather being perfect is a state of being, whereby He who is Perfect, dwells within us by His Spirit, and us walking in His Spirit by/through "the inner man", who is the Spirit of Jesus Himself. John 3:3-8, Rom. 8:8-9, Rev. 3:20.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read ch. 2 of your book.

Yes! 2 Cor. 5
[14] For the love of Christ [Himself] constraineth us [Strongs. G4912]; because we thus judge, that if one died for ALL, then were all dead:

Since Jesus calls us to be perfect AS our Heavenly Father IS PERFECT,
we must agree with Jesus that within ourselves, apart from Him, there is NO GOOD THING in us or of us, and never will be. "Apart from me you can do nothing" [to save yourself from eternal death].

So then, the conclusion is: for one to "be perfect", it is not the act of trying to be perfect that saves us, but rather being perfect is a state of being, whereby He who is Perfect, dwells within us by His Spirit, and us walking in His Spirit by/through "the inner man", who is the Spirit of Jesus Himself. John 3:3-8, Rom. 8:8-9, Rev. 3:20.

You got all that out of chapter 2? I must be better than I thought. Here's some new stuff I put together that is the same subject matter you are talking about. It's only a few pages. www.carb-fat.com/walking-by-the-spirit.html