Leaving My Post

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ive been water baptized. I didn't mean to imply that I was ready to walk away from the Lord. I believe it's possible to be tempted and stumble even as a believer.

That isn't to say that willfull habitual sin isn't a bad sign but I can't see how you would be able to tell if Im a believer from what I share online.
Temptation can strengthen ones resolve. by that i mean in reality such can bring strength to you on your quest, it can be seen like riding waves, sometimes one is in the low of the wave and times riding on top of the wave and at times smashed by the waves and sometime maybe riding within the tube.

Remember Big Z ! he has it down pat, in that movie Surfs up ! watch it, i think it's great. you may have to give Big Z a little help on the high notes tho.

I like you Wynona, i hope that helps. what we may say on the net may not come across well all the time but face to fact can be so as well but any road all we can do is ride them waves. As Big Z says, it's not about points ! it's about riding in the tube !

Reactions: amadeus

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Temptation can strengthen ones resolve. by that i mean in reality such can bring strength to you on your quest, it can be seen like riding waves, sometimes one is in the low of the wave and times riding on top of the wave and at times smashed by the waves and sometime maybe riding within the tube.

Remember Big Z ! he has it down pat, in that movie Surfs up ! watch it, i think it's great. you may have to give Big Z a little help on the high notes tho.

I like you Wynona, i hope that helps. what we may say on the net may not come across well all the time but face to fact can be so as well but any road all we can do is ride them waves. As Big Z says, it's not about points ! it's about riding in the tube !
I agree that God can use temptation to stengthen us. The strength to overcome definitely comes from the Lord.

And thank you :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be encouraged dear sister . Reading the bible daily by the grace of GOD has kept me LIT UP on FIRE FOR THE LORD .
You see it does stir us up . it really does . just reading those holy words of truth does such good to the soul .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things: one, its not necessary to keep confessing, if your witness is bold; two, you are always going to feeling awful about your sin, why not let the Holy Spirit comfort you?
Im not sure what you mean by the first thing.

It's not that the Holy Spirit doesn't comfort me. I often encourage myself with the verse that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.

It just takes a period of time for me to regain the same boldness I had during intercessory prayer. I hate that. I know in my head that Im forgiven. But I just don't feel the same confidence in prayer till a bit of time has passed. I feel like one of the worse things about sin is that it causes us as human beings to want to hide from God. I find this is somewhat true for me for a time no matter how I mentally break that down.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do people not experience having sin affect their prayer life? Maybe it's understandable that no one wants to jump up and raise their hand for that. And if they don't have that issue because they don't sin I do believe that can happen and I'm genuinely glad. But Im admitting it being a struggle because I need the prayers.

I don't want to keep taking the armor of God off. I want to stay on my post and have fervent effectual prayer at all times.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:14 - Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Romans 7:25 - Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh

Reactions: Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm hearing is an old prayer:

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from The Evil One.

An old prayer that I prayed for you. (And naturally, I posted some scriptures dealing with temptation over in the Encouraging Verses thread.)

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Christians get discouraged, ...
In my experience, this is true. And one of the most discouraging tactics The One who is Evil uses is the lie that "real Christians" don't have their ups and their downs (and some of the folks on this board are asking, "When do I get the ups?"), it's all peaks, never valleys, they never have to struggle with temptation, and of course, they never stumble and fall.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been a Christian for about 14 years. I have been growing the way of praying for others and seeking God, but the more I do that, the more Im tempted to "leave my post" for sin or indifference.

Please pray that my husband and I stay on fire for the Lord. Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others. No, I don't believe I have to sin every way every day. I want to please the Lord and live a consecrated lifestyle. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." I don't want sin to hinder my prayers or the peace I feel when going to God.

I want to keep growing. I believe I have a ways to go but there is more for me to do, and spiritual gifts for me to use more.

Sister,

Jesus Himself has prayed for you, that your faith might fail not. That scene where He says this to Peter was not written for our entertainment or curiosity about the history of the disciples/apostles' training and care alone. He is speaking, virtually, directly to you and me.

We already know that Satan has desired to sift us each as wheat. We can feel that even when we can't feel the LORD working in our behalf. But the devil does not require us to walk by faith in order to heed his call. He is a liar and the father of it. But the LORD can accept no such slavish service. We are His children and the devil only enslaves.

We can follow on to know the LORD, as I see every day that you have done, so that when we are in fear of being caught in the snare of the fowler we may, with Job, say "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been a Christian for about 14 years. I have been growing the way of praying for others and seeking God, but the more I do that, the more Im tempted to "leave my post" for sin or indifference.

Please pray that my husband and I stay on fire for the Lord. Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others. No, I don't believe I have to sin every way every day. I want to please the Lord and live a consecrated lifestyle. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." I don't want sin to hinder my prayers or the peace I feel when going to God.

I want to keep growing. I believe I have a ways to go but there is more for me to do, and spiritual gifts for me to use more.
Praying for you and your husband in your walk with our God that He lead you and guide you along the Way that He wants you to go.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do people not experience having sin affect their prayer life? Maybe it's understandable that no one wants to jump up and raise their hand for that. And if they don't have that issue because they don't sin I do believe that can happen and I'm genuinely glad. But Im admitting it being a struggle because I need the prayers.

I don't want to keep taking the armor of God off. I want to stay on my post and have fervent effectual prayer at all times.
Php 4:4Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not sure what you mean by the first thing.

It's not that the Holy Spirit doesn't comfort me. I often encourage myself with the verse that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.

It just takes a period of time for me to regain the same boldness I had during intercessory prayer. I hate that. I know in my head that Im forgiven. But I just don't feel the same confidence in prayer till a bit of time has passed. I feel like one of the worse things about sin is that it causes us as human beings to want to hide from God. I find this is somewhat true for me for a time no matter how I mentally break that down.
has your peace left you . anytime my peace leaves , I WAS the one in the wrong .
We cannot serve sin and GOD . Though many folks would call me legalistic for saying this .
ANY TIME my peace has left me . IT WERENT GODS FAULT , I was the one in some kind of error .
I had either started doing something i ought not or stopped doing something i should .
GET IN the bible . Sometimes folks get caught up with what i call sensual feelings .
Example . We all want folks to be saved right .
And we do all to tell them of CHRIST or correct their wrong behavoir .
BUT they just dont listen .
THEN a wrong thought pops into our heads . WELL MAYBE IF I JUST SHUT UP about GOD
and hang around them .............................IT WONT WORK SISTER . IT wont save them
and what it will do is cause you or me or anyone else to start to go IN THEIR DIRECTION .
HE who keeps company with wise folks is wise , but he who is a companion of fools ................................
The devil knows how to seduce and tempt us . BUT , GET IN THAT BIBLE and watch
you watch how things suddenly start to become clear again . JUST watch .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your doing right sister . the bible says confess ye your faults and pray one for another that ye may be healed .
Get dug in that bible sister . Most folks see me as a zealous clown .
BUT ME HAS MUCH JOY in the LORD . Both paul and peter wrote things to STIR THE PEOPLE UP .
IF their writings helped to stir the people back up in those days , What on earth makes us think IT WONT STIR US UP IN THESE DAYS .
IT WILL SISTER . IT WILL . FOR GOD INSPIRED IT .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Wynnie, we're all just a bunch of donuts, some fried a little longer but all with holes. Hang in there, be strong, you are loved.
Romans 5:10 'For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.'

:Bestest:

Reactions: Wynona

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok on the sin and indifference, but I didn't see any encouragement. You questioned her salvation because it didn't match yours.
I did encourage her in my eyes, by writing things that I thought will help to encourage her not to go down that road. The part about salvation were just my thoughts along the way that would probably be helpful to look at. Also, I was trying to help by asking if she had been water baptized and read the whole bible. It was because I cared. Anyway, whoever didn't see that, let's just agree to disagree. :) To me, this can just be a matter of perspective. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife