Leaving My Post

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been a Christian for about 14 years. I have been growing the way of praying for others and seeking God, but the more I do that, the more Im tempted to "leave my post" for sin or indifference.

Please pray that my husband and I stay on fire for the Lord. Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others. No, I don't believe I have to sin every way every day. I want to please the Lord and live a consecrated lifestyle. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." I don't want sin to hinder my prayers or the peace I feel when going to God.

I want to keep growing. I believe I have a ways to go but there is more for me to do, and spiritual gifts for me to use more.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ive been a Christian for about 14 years. I have been growing the way of praying for others and seeking God, but the more I do that, the more Im tempted to "leave my post" for sin or indifference.

Please pray that my husband and I stay on fire for the Lord. Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others. No, I don't believe I have to sin every way every day. I want to please the Lord and live a consecrated lifestyle. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." I don't want sin to hinder my prayers or the peace I feel when going to God.

I want to keep growing. I believe I have a ways to go but there is more for me to do, and spiritual gifts for me to use more.
Don't go down that road, dear sister. I am going to be honest that I'm not on the same level as you anymore and you're younger than me, I can never go back and be just like I was before when I didn't know better and when I was on the point from after I was finally "born again". I was not "born again" until years of being a Christian, afterwards so before I was born again, I fell away and thought maybe Jesus wasn't true and I didn't have enough of a foundation on the bible so I then ignorantly went on blindly to live the way I learned to live in the world but that's not God's will and the best for our life; remember, Satan comes only to "steal, kill and destroy" but God has come to "give us life and live it more abundantly and to the full". Sin has bad consequences, it hurts others and ourselves and I believe sin causes us to have sickness and bad luck. I don't know what sin you're talking about but you don't have to mention it, just be careful. Have you read the entire bible?

• Love
Reactions: Taken and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hey Wynnie, we're all just a bunch of donuts, some fried a little longer but all with holes. Hang in there, be strong, you are loved.
Romans 5:10 'For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.'

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't go down that road, dear sister. I am going to be honest that I'm not on the same level as you anymore and you're younger than me, I can never go back and be just like I was before when I didn't know better and when I was on the point from after I was finally "born again". I was not "born again" until years of being a Christian, afterwards so before I was born again, I fell away and thought maybe Jesus wasn't true and I didn't have enough of a foundation on the bible so I then ignorantly went on blindly to live the way I learned to live in the world but that's not God's will and the best for our life; remember, Satan comes only to "steal, kill and destroy" but God has come to "give us life and live it more abundantly and to the full". Sin has bad consequences, it hurts others and ourselves and I believe sin causes us to have sickness and bad luck. I don't know what sin you're talking about but you don't have to mention it, just be careful. Have you read the entire bible?
I have read the whole Bible. But I would like to go through the New Testament again.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have read the whole Bible. But I would like to go through the New Testament again.
That's great, you're on the right track. Trying to figure this out. Have you been baptized in water? Not meaning to offend, but it doesn't seem like you're born again. From what I understand after I was born again, I couldn't go back to willful/intentional sinning and without a care (to sin and indifference). That part was erased from my nature along with agreeing or turning away from sins listed in the bible. I also couldn't ever leave God again because God had built my faith and showed Himself to me in circumstances and I had a good conscience and love God and His goodness. Worldiness is wrong and not wise. Walking closer to and with God is the best place you could be.

Reactions: Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you. I try this, and that is to make a home that invites the Lord into it. I want the Lord and his angels to frequent my place and stay with me. And that means not sinning in my home, which is something that I'm working on and doing better at it.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's great, you're on the right track. Trying to figure this out. Have you been baptized in water? Not meaning to offend, but it doesn't seem like you're born again. From what I understand after I was born again, I couldn't go back to willful/intentional sinning and without a care (to sin and indifference). That part was erased from my nature along with agreeing or turning away from sins listed in the bible. I also couldn't ever leave God again because God had built my faith and showed Himself to me in circumstances and I had a good conscience and love God and His goodness. Worldiness is wrong and not wise. Walking closer to and with God is the best place you could be.
Hey, Christians get discouraged, Good for you if you have not turned back in thought, even for a few moments. Wynona never mentioned "without a care to sin and indifference--"
We are supposed to encourage each other. Even Paul got discouraged but he continued on.

1Thess 5:11" Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing."
It doesn't say that if someone is discouraged, to question their salvation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona, your light is way too bright to fizzle out sister! You are maybe entering a valley, for testing perhaps? All I know is that you are one of the few bright lights that I know.
You do have my prayers for encouragement and strength AND protection from the evil one!
We love you sister, go with GOD!
xoxo

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Precious friend, Will Certainly pray for you and your husband. At one time ( 11 years in ) I was confused
about doctrine and denominationalism, but God Was Good Leading me to what's below:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *
↑ been 'on fire' with this for 33 years ( the age of the [ miracle ] beautiful [ preemie ] 'blind'
angel of a daughter that God Sent us! ), and see no reason to slow down now. ♫ :innocent:

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been water baptized. I didn't mean to imply that I was ready to walk away from the Lord. I believe it's possible to be tempted and stumble even as a believer.

That isn't to say that willfull habitual sin isn't a bad sign but I can't see how you would be able to tell if Im a believer from what I share online.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been water baptized. I didn't mean to imply that I was ready to walk away from the Lord. I believe it's possible to be tempted and stumble even as a believer.

That isn't to say that willfull habitual sin isn't a bad sign but I can't see how you would be able to tell if Im a believer from what I share online.
Your talk always displays the encouragement of our God, Sister !

Be encouraged by the fact that God and yourself and others know the path you have chosen, let naysayers be a liar.

It will not be w/o rocks of stumbling, not briars and thistles to grab and snatch at us.

James 5
......the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I keep you in my prayers as not only friend but family.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your talk always displays the encouragement of our God, Sister !

Be encouraged by the fact that God and yourself and others know the path you have chosen, let naysayers be a liar.

It will not be w/o rocks of stumbling, not briars and thistles to grab and snatch at us.

James 5
......the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I keep you in my prayers as not only friend but family.
I appreciate the love and support!! Thank you for your prayers!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you. I try this, and that is to make a home that invites the Lord into it. I want the Lord and his angels to frequent my place and stay with me. And that means not sinning in my home, which is something that I'm working on and doing better at it.
I like this. Thank you!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey, Christians get discouraged, Good for you if you have not turned back in thought, even for a few moments. Wynona never mentioned "without a care to sin and indifference--"
We are supposed to encourage each other. Even Paul got discouraged but he continued on.

1Thess 5:11" Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing."
It doesn't say that if someone is discouraged, to question their salvation.
You shouldn't have pulled me up for something. she did say 'sin and indifference' in her first post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said that on my own. I did encourage and help her in my own way.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The prayers of the righteous availeth much."
I'll pray for you, but I like the complete bible verse instead of part of it.

James 5:16 - Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

To fervently pray is to pray passionately and with intensity.

This is the way I'll pray for you.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You shouldn't have pulled me up for something. she did say 'sin and indifference' in her first post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said that on my own. I did encourage and help her in my own way.
ok on the sin and indifference, but I didn't see any encouragement. You questioned her salvation because it didn't match yours.