Leaving The Shackles Of Shame

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
[SIZE=medium]“Leaving The Shackles Of Shame”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]By Zach Wood[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2 Corinthians 5:17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This week, I have been thinking so much about people who are buried in a past of shame, whatever that shame may be. There are people hurting from past mistakes and also from past things that happened to them and have not gotten past those hurts and allowed Christ to renew them and restore them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As a new pastor, I hear a lot of conversations about people and their past hurts and shame. It saddens me that so many people live in this shame and never find hope from it. I am so thankful that Jesus Christ offers hope and restoration that nothing in this world can compare to or offer. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Paul says in this passage that if we are in Christ, we are a New Creation! We aren’t shackled anymore by the past that tries to haunt us. We have a new life in Him. But many people shy away from letting Christ heal that pain and help them move on. They’ve done too many things to receive forgiveness and it’s not possible for them to come back and recover. But that couldn’t be any further from the truth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jesus Christ offers forgiveness and the chance to be restored and renewed. Whatever your past may be and however you may be hurting, Jesus Christ can and will make you a New Creation! You don’t have to live in the shackles of shame anymore. He will remove those shackles, but you must let Him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Many people say they don’t deserve to be released or forgiven. And the truth is no one does. But Jesus gives us what we don’t deserve and offers that real hope and healing from the shackles of shame.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]My prayer is that anyone who reads this will be reminded that God offers a true life of restoration and healing. Maybe it’s a past addiction or some hurt that you experienced that you cannot move on from or heal from. Are you willing to receive that healing from the past?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Allow Jesus Christ to break through and remove your shackles of shame.[/SIZE]

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 HiddenManna
Well your just wrong, Abba is a foundational Hebrew word you do understand the history of Hebrew and Chaldean? And Abba is the Name that Christ revealed to us, through the Holy Spirit

if I'm wrong, what do ABBA means?.

G5 Ἀββᾶ Abba (ab-bah`) n/p.
1. (vocatively) father
{referring to or addressing one's father}
[of Chaldee origin (H2)]
KJV: Abba
Root(s): H2

H2 אַב 'ab (ab) n-m.
1. father
[(Aramaic) corresponding to H1]
Root(s): H1

Now if you have the Personal name in ABBA, then produce it?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi hldude,
I enjoyed reading this post from Zac and I have come across a few believer's who have this same mentality. God truly is a restorer and healer of all past hurts and shame. :)

Shalom!