Let Us Consider & Encourage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Let Us Consider & Encourage”
By Zach Wood
Hebrews 10:24 NIV
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

A few weeks ago at church, this verse was read and it really got me thinking. Sadly, I couldn’t help but to think about how terrible we’ve become today with encouraging one another. We live in a culture and society where the focus is always on me, me, me. Everything focuses on how we need to improve ourselves and better who we are. We’ve sadly become trained to think of ourselves more than we think of others so often. I’m super guilty with this and I often cringe when I think of how focused on myself I’ve become.

Throughout Scripture, we find so many references to how God wants us to reach out and help encourage others. We know we should, but we get so wrapped up and busy with our own lives that we often just neglect the calling God has given us each and every day to invest in other’s lives. And really, it doesn’t always have to be in really big ways. Big ways are good to help out for sure! However, God also wants us to help others in small ways. Simple compliments. Noticing things about others that most people don’t. Words of encouragement in so many little ways can make a huge difference.

“Let us consider”. Think about those words. How often do we really stop and consider how we can encourage other people? Do we really consider how we can help others become closer to God? Are we focused on being the light of Christ to others all through our day? Are we making it a point to spread the Good News?

“Let us consider”. Think about these words in a different light now. How about we consider all the opportunities we are passing up by being absorbed in our own lives. Ouch! That makes me cringe. How often are we so wrapped up in our destinations and all that we have to do that we completely neglect opportunities right in front of us? All too often!

We should even take this a step further. How about we not only consider, but we actually……DO! So often we say we’ll thinking about that or think about this with very little intention of actually doing it. Let us consider how we may encourage others around us.

Let us make it a point and put forth more effort to consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds as God has commanded us to.

Reactions: FHII and bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
encourage to do what? terrorists encourage to do the same as they see fit.

lovers of money don't need to be encouraged to get it, or take it, if it is within reach, lovers of fulfillments in the flesh don't need encouragement to act on opportunities in the pleasures thereof.

That rah, rah team, team talk means nothing and Jesus never said so. what He did say is one's heart is where his treasures are. if one's treasurers are in Heaven and we know the Lord our God is in Heaven then we will respond accordingly in respect to expectations in the fulfillments thereof.

encouragement or edification is simply affirming the faith is good by its fulfillments according to Christ, such as revelations in the Word of God. one can't escape the heart, and the heart demands its fulfillment making the possessor thereof seek opportunity for those fulfillments, thereof God has replaced it with what is in His.

if you give it some thought, Paul is talking about Christian propaganda. the feeding of the poor and helping the week wouldn't be a "Christian only concept" but the leadership has to keep the group on task to keep the worlds perception that Christians do good things in there own judgement of what is good. the world values the life they have unto death. and in this Christians can almost do no wrong. its very wise propaganda and helps who its helps.

for example, there are ministries that are all about them selves in these kind of ministries but in the US secular government houses feeds and gives health care to any citizen who qualifies, hence this doesn't qualify them as Christian, or good God people does it?

its one's relationship with and in the Lord.

Last edited: