Let's Start A Movement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Madad21 said:
When is it ever a waste bro?
Who you talk to is of no consequence you know this, they may not like to hear you, but I and others here certainly do and so do hundreds of guests who visit this site everyday looking for an answer you could be providing in a heated debate or argument.
Try not to get tangled up in the weeds brother, you da man!
I am talking from experience. I apologized for partial aggression with a clear false teacher. They never did apologize and saw mine as accepting defeat. Well it felt like that :unsure: :).

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
KingJ said:
I am talking from experience. I apologized for partial aggression with a clear false teacher. They never did apologize and saw mine as accepting defeat. Well it felt like that :unsure: oh
oh, do you mean apology as in "sorry" LOL
I thought you meant like apologetics.

Hey look i say sorry all the time for that stuff and to ignorant arrogant people who are happy to take it. Gods knows your heart bro and he loves it.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Yes, Paul is basically teaching live and let live, because we are all guided by the Holy Spirit.
No! He is not suggesting that! He says ''fully persuaded''.

It is inline with 1 Cor 11:31 ''truthful self judgment'' and Phil 2:12 ''work out salvation in fear and trembling''.

I cannot live and let live once confronted with scripture that says I am in the wrong. I would never live 'fully persuaded'.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
No! He is not suggesting that! He says ''fully persuaded''.

It is inline with 1 Cor 11:31 ''truthful self judgment'' and Phil 2:12 ''work out salvation in fear and trembling''.

I cannot live and let live once confronted with scripture that says I am in the wrong. I would never live 'fully persuaded'.
Paul is talking about himself in Rom 4 and 14, because he was.
He writes in Rom 14:4; "I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean."
He wasn't pushing his personal stance on anyone, but in 1 Cor 11:31 he is talking about communion and how people were abusing that time for their own purposes AND they were NOT being circumspect when partaking. No difference correcting here than in 1 Cor 12 and 14....this is a big theme in 1 Cor.

Paul was instructing live and let live in context, he was not teaching to ignore God's Word nor the Holy Spirit.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Paul is talking about himself in Rom 4 and 14, because he was.
He writes in Rom 14:4; "I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean."
He wasn't pushing his personal stance on anyone, but in 1 Cor 11:31 he is talking about communion and how people were abusing that time for their own purposes AND they were NOT being circumspect when partaking. No difference correcting here than in 1 Cor 12 and 14....this is a big theme in 1 Cor.

Paul was instructing live and let live in context, he was not teaching to ignore God's Word nor the Holy Spirit.
Stan, I agree with all you said until you translate it all into your line ''live and let live''. That is not what Paul is insinuating. You are doing a full 180.

Live and let live = believing that people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to.

Paul is saying the complete opposite! We must be fully persuaded that our life stands up to scrutiny according to God's word / what we know of it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Stan, I agree with all you said until you translate it all into your line ''live and let live''. That is not what Paul is insinuating. You are doing a full 180.

Live and let live = believing that people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to.

Paul is saying the complete opposite! We must be fully persuaded that our life stands up to scrutiny according to God's word / what we know of it.
Sorry, but that's NOT what I mean, and it's not what Paul was teaching. I can't make you understand his words, only point them out to you.
When he writes; "if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean", then he is saying DON`T impose your understanding or freedom on that person. THAT is live and let live.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Sorry, but that's NOT what I mean, and it's not what Paul was teaching. I can't make you understand his words, only point them out to you.
When he writes; "if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean", then he is saying DON`T impose your understanding or freedom on that person. THAT is live and let live.
Fully persuaded = FULLY Persuaded = using all grey matter between ears PLUS all knowldege you have of scripture PLUS all knowledge of scripture others share with you PLUS experiencse PLUS revelations received PLUS Holy Spirit conviction to truthfully judge ourselves in FEAR and TREMBLING.

Live and let live is an evil take on scripture as is '''''not imposing your beliefs''''. You disagree with correction and rebuke?

I really hope I am just completely misunderstanding you.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Fully persuaded = FULLY Persuaded = using all grey matter between ears PLUS all knowldege you have of scripture PLUS all knowledge of scripture others share with you PLUS experiencse PLUS revelations received PLUS Holy Spirit conviction to truthfully judge ourselves in FEAR and TREMBLING.

Live and let live is an evil take on scripture as is '''''not imposing your beliefs''''. You disagree with correction and rebuke?

I really hope I am just completely misunderstanding you.
Yes, Paul was...he did NOT say others should be the same as he was. You focus on two words instead of the context. He was FULLY PURSUADED that nothing was unclean in itself as he stated. He then goes on to say; "But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean."

It is quite obvious that your misunderstanding is with what Paul is teaching here, not me.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Yes, Paul was...he did NOT say others should be the same as he was. You focus on two words instead of the context. He was FULLY PURSUADED that nothing was unclean in itself as he stated. He then goes on to say; "But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean."

It is quite obvious that your misunderstanding is with what Paul is teaching here, not me.
Rom 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

So, tell me Stan....if I read that homosexuals were stoned to death OT and I am homosexual....will I / can I EVER be ''truly'' fully persuaded before God?

With your interpretation.....I could consider killing you ''clean'', couldn't I? I am fully convinced / persuaded that you are talking tripe!

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Rom 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

So, tell me Stan....if I read that homosexuals were stoned to death OT and I am homosexual....will I / can I EVER be ''truly'' fully persuaded before God?

With your interpretation.....I could consider killing you ''clean'', couldn't I? I am fully convinced / persuaded that you are talking tripe!
Speaking of tripe, that's a straw man KingJ and I'm beginning to recognize your style now from other forums. Like I said, Paul said this IN the context of what he was dealing with. I won't discuss this with you any further as it has taken this thread way off topic.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The context DOES NOT matter. Fully persuaded on your belief = fully persauded. Truthful self judgment = truthful self judgment 1 Cor 11:31.

Stan, ''live and let live'' is a phrase used by Christians who want to live in sin. I know you know that. I am always surprised to hear Christians who should be elders teach such tripe. You should know better. You should be correcting me.

Christianity 101 = Christians HATE stupid self judgment. Christians love truthful / proper self judgment. Life is not a joy ride. Death to self is Christianity 101.