Let's study Romans-with Dr. Utley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hit the trenches my friend . some folks accuse you of being too smart , they accuse me of being too dumb and uneducated
and they both attack the one and only gospel that we BOTH SING ALOUD .
Just a friendly reminder my friend .
I thank you for this timely encouragement my brother-dumb you ain't and learned a lot from you.
I tried to do a study on Romans using a hermeneutical approach from MY pastor, Utley-and decided not to proceed-too many cantankerous complaints.
Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: amigo de christo

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Musings of men? Arrogance?
What YOU imply is that I sit and read commentaries all the time and too lazy to study!
Don't bother to reply-I had enough of this.
Johann.
Don't be offended Johann - iron sharpens iron so every now and then sparks fly!
Also, I never said you were too lazy!
F2F

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thankfully I didn't fork out the 25K - I have a wife, 4 children and a large mortgage but I'm still rich in imperishable riches.
-you have a family-I don't-and a severely cerebral palsied son who needs constant care 24/7-count your blessings-you are shooting me down, uncalled for.
Often people will go to those supposedly more knowledgeable but as I've found the Word of God holds its own secrets and the hidden things belong to God and reveals them to His own.

Utley might not be one of His.
Again-uncalled for-Utley biblically sound and no one can claim they know the Scriptures from A-Z-I was raised up in all sorts of strange doctrines and was introduced to Calvin for a couple of years-leaven that needs to be cleaned out-instead of rejoicing with me-you shoot me down. You don't even want to peruse Utley and give me an honest review-what you are doing to me is not Christ like.
You want to know what time it is? 1:46 AM-everyday.
@marks and @amigo de christo is rejoicing with me and give me the encouragement I desperately need-but not from you.
Shalom
Johann.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-you have a family-I don't-and a severely cerebral palsied son who needs constant care 24/7-count your blessings-you are shooting me down, uncalled for.

Again-uncalled for-Utley biblically sound and no one can claim they know the Scriptures from A-Z-I was raised up in all sorts of strange doctrines and was introduced to Calvin for a couple of years-leaven that needs to be cleaned out-instead of rejoicing with me-you shoot me down. You don't even want to peruse Utley and give me an honest review-what you are doing to me is not Christ like.
@marks and @amigo de christo is rejoicing with me and give me the encouragement I desperately need-but not from you.
Shalom
Johann.
Hit the trenches my friend . The more we spend time in prayer , in the bible , exhorting one another daily WITH THE TRUTH
that does so edify us , The better off the lambs are .
be encouraged my friend . Stay dug dug dug in the bible , in prayer and point to CHRIST to the last and final breath .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
Johann.
It was twelve forty six when you wrote that in the UK my sister and sisters and brothers do dwell .
Its six forty six here my friend . The lambs are scattered . BUT JESUS IS WITH US THROUGH IT ALL .
LET THE LORD BE PRAISED my friend . LET the GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED and THANKED .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hit the trenches my friend . The more we spend time in prayer , in the bible , exhorting one another daily WITH THE TRUTH
that does so edify us , The better off the lambs are .
be encouraged my friend . Stay dug dug dug in the bible , in prayer and point to CHRIST to the last and final breath .
Will do brother-always
Johann.

• Love

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann

1686872367820.png

119 Commentaries on Romans....I've read through most and found them to be in error on the first 3 verses.
It's Deut 29:29.
F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don't be offended Johann - iron sharpens iron so every now and then sparks fly!
Also, I never said you were too lazy!
F2F
I fully agree-but why the need to shoot me down 4x in a row now? I am already "dead" the first time.
Johann.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I fully agree-but why the need to shoot me down 4x in a row now? I am already "dead" the first time.
Johann.
Sounds dramatic! You're not shot down! I'm asking for more from you...you should count that as a blessing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
E. Romans 1:18-3:20 reflects Genesis 3 (surprisingly the rabbis do not focus on this text, but Genesis 6, as the origin of sin). Humanity was created for fellowship with God, in His very image (cf. Gen. 1:26-27). However, mankind chose enlightenment and the promise of power and independence. In effect, humans exchanged the exaltation of God for the exaltation of themselves (atheistic humanism

BIG TIME TRUE MY FRIEND . NOW LOOK at what is going on within the religoins and christendom today .
Folks be eating of the wrong tree and heeding the serpent .
A RELIGOIN that HONORS HUMANITY has been embraced by all more and more and more .
A mindset behind it all is , YE YOUR OWN GOD , DO AS THOU WILT ,
And an image of HUMAINTY AS GOD is now embraced .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain brother.
The truth of it is , man chose and man chose WRONG .
But where man failed the GLORIOUS KING PREVAILED . let all that has breath praise the glorious LORD .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE , but as for me and the lambs IT WILL BE GOD , HIS CHRIST AMEN and forever amen .
Now lift those hands up my friend . Time to praise once again , the GLORIOUS LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its two fourteen now my friend . There is seven hours difference .
YET THE LORD IS WITH ALL THE LAMBS at ALL TIMES . LEt the LORD be praised and thanked my friend .
HE is our hope and our salvation .

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now try Utley and see if you can find error in the first three verses
Johann
Okay, I'll play along.

Take this then:

1686873802704.png

Johann, why is Paul at pains to reference Jesus's origins as being "of the seed" "in the flesh" of David, and to teach that Jesus became the Son of God by the resurrection?

Bob applies commonly held preconceived beliefs about the deity, preexistence of Christ etc all of which is imported theology from the councils of men. He is echoing the doctrines of men and again he needs to put to one side his many teachers and look at the Word afresh.

I'll stay in this thread and watch your posting and chime in as required.

F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bob applies commonly held preconceived beliefs about the deity, preexistence of Christ etc all of which is imported theology from the councils of men. He is echoing the doctrines of men and again he needs to put to one side his many teachers and look at the Word afresh.

I'll stay in this thread and watch your posting and chime in as required.
Nothing wrong in the sentence of Utley-he is concurring WITH you-are you denying the Deity and and pre-existence of Christ Jesus-since Utley Don't.

let's roll the dice.
Johann.