Let's study Romans-with Dr. Utley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What you have done is assigned imported doctrines on verses.

Why dont you speak to Romans as per your OP?

Johann, read Romans 1:4 - the writer is teaching you plainly!

No, I'm responding to your copy and pasting hundreds of verse references full well knowing you have not looked at them - where is your sincerity?

I'm calling it as I see it.

F2F
May I submit you know nothing about me-and you have answered none of my questions-nada.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Transliteration: ēn
Morphology: V-IIA-3S
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's no.: G1510 (εἰμί)
Meaning: To be, exist.
Transliteration: pros
Morphology: Prep
Preposition
Strong's no.: G4314 (πρός)
Meaning: To, towards, with.

Was (ēn). Three times in this sentence John uses this imperfect of eimi to be which conveys no idea of origin for God or for the Logos, simply continuous existence.

You are either aware of this-or are in denial of this stupendous opening words as it stands written-Perfect Tense

Quite a different verb (egeneto, became) appears in Joh_1:14 for the beginning of the Incarnation of the Logos. See the distinction sharply drawn in Joh_8:58 “before Abraham came (genesthai) I am” (eimi, timeless existence).

What I know from you is that you are not familiar with the grammars-that's for sure.

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]
Joh 1:2 Bereshis (in the Beginning) this Dvar Hashem was with Hashem [Prov 8:30].

Now, if you will excuse me-Will you answer my questions?
Why are you in denial of the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus?

Johann.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Notice how the writer of Romans 1:4 states Jesus as the Son of God "with power"

Who gave him the possession of the Holy Spirit "without measure" John 3:34 :Thumbsup: & Matthew 28:18 :dusted:

Yes, his Heavenly Father.

By it, the Master manifested miracles, authenticated his claim of being the Son of God (John 5:36).

But again, nothing in that teaches Deity or Pre-existence - it only reveals the One exalting the son is the Father - the possessor of all Power and Authority in Heaven and Earth.

F2F
One last comment-and then wrap this up.
I am shocked that you are in denial of the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus.

That's all.
No need to respond.
Johann.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
May I submit you know nothing about me-and you have answered none of my questions-nada.
I'm very observant on how you mistreat the Word of God.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Transliteration: ēn
Morphology: V-IIA-3S
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's no.: G1510 (εἰμί)
Meaning: To be, exist.
Transliteration: pros
Morphology: Prep
Preposition
Strong's no.: G4314 (πρός)
Meaning: To, towards, with.

Was (ēn). Three times in this sentence John uses this imperfect of eimi to be which conveys no idea of origin for God or for the Logos, simply continuous existence.

You are either aware of this-or are in denial of this stupendous opening words as it stands written-Perfect Tense

Quite a different verb (egeneto, became) appears in Joh_1:14 for the beginning of the Incarnation of the Logos. See the distinction sharply drawn in Joh_8:58 “before Abraham came (genesthai) I am” (eimi, timeless existence).

What I know from you is that you are not familiar with the grammars-that's for sure.

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]
Joh 1:2 Bereshis (in the Beginning) this Dvar Hashem was with Hashem [Prov 8:30].

Now, if you will excuse me-Will you answer my questions?
Why are you in denial of the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus?

Johann.
So typical and predictable for you to run to John 1 which teaches you the second Adam became the Word made flesh.
No Deity or Pre-existence here either. Yes, the Logos of God pre-existed - we have agreement on that truth!
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One last comment-and then wrap this up.
I am shocked that you are in denial of the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus.

That's all.
No need to respond.
Johann.
The reason you are shocked is you have no theological expression that answer to God being the Second Adam. If your god is a man you are in need of much help.
F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm very observant on how you mistreat the Word of God.

So typical and predictable for you to run to John 1 which teaches you the second Adam became the Word made flesh.
No Deity or Pre-existence here either. Yes, the Logos of God pre-existed - we have agreement on that truth!
F2F
And who is the Logos?
I have this distinct "feeling" you either lean toward JW's or 7th Day Adventist
Johann.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann

Do you believe Jesus Christ is the resurrection to life eternal of a man who had been dead (fully)!

Yes or no?

The Lord Jesus is shown to be a manifestation of his Father: mentally, morally, and physically after the resurrection (Read Phil 2:8-11; Heb 1:3; 2:9; 12:2, etc.). The grand message of Romans is that this same power is able to operate upon all men and women who receive the gospel "in spirit and in truth" and who allow its message to transform their lives for an eternal inheritance in the kingdom — even though, in this present life, they never attain to the perfection of character manifested by their Lord and Master.

There is no need whatsoever to force on Romans 1 "Deity and Pre-existence" when the Apostles new nothing of such teachings.

F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann

Do you believe Jesus Christ is the resurrection to life eternal of a man who had been dead (fully)!

Yes or no?

The Lord Jesus is shown to be a manifestation of his Father: mentally, morally, and physically after the resurrection (Read Phil 2:8-11; Heb 1:3; 2:9; 12:2, etc.). The grand message of Romans is that this same power is able to operate upon all men and women who receive the gospel "in spirit and in truth" and who allow its message to transform their lives for an eternal inheritance in the kingdom — even though, in this present life, they never attain to the perfection of character manifested by their Lord and Master.

There is no need whatsoever to force on Romans 1 "Deity and Pre-existence" when the Apostles new nothing of such teachings.

F2F
And who is the Logos?
Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And who is the Logos?
Johann.
@F2F

Jesus and the Angel of YHWH
The New Testament identifies Jesus as the Angel. Remember, an angel is one who is sent without reference to the nature of the one sent.
When 1 Corinthians 10:1 is compared with Exodus 13:21, and Exodus 14:19, 24 the Angel of God, who had been going before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them. It goes on to say that '...at the morning watch, YHWH looked down on the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud...'
Numbers 14:14 says that it was YHWH who was among the people. And Psalm 78:14 says that '...he led them with the cloud by day and all the night with a light of fire.'
It was the Angel who accompanied the nation and the New Testament says that it was the Messiah who accompanied them. He was their spiritual rock. (1 Corinthians 10:4) The association seems clear:
Deuteronomy 32:3-4 and Deuteronomy 32:15, 18

Jude 5 Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus*, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
* The reading Ἰησοῦς/Jesus [enjoys] ...the strongest support from a variety of early witnesses (e.g., A B 33 81 1241 1739 1881 2344 pc vg co Or1739mg)... The NET Bible (Biblical Studies Press, 2005).)

Exodus 12:51 says that YHWH brought the people out of Egypt and yet...

Judges 2:1 says that the Angel of YHWH brought Israel out of Egypt

And 1 Corinthians 10:4-5, 9 says 'all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Messiah. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.... We must not put *Messiah/Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents.'
* Χριστόν (Christon, “Christ”) is attested in the majority of MSS, including many important witnesses of the Alexandrian (46 1739 1881) and Western (D F G) textvtypes, and other MSS and versions (Ψ latt sy co). The NET Bible (Biblical Studies Press, 2005).

Numbers 26:65 For YHWH had said of them, “They shall die in the wilderness.” Not one of them was left, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun.

John 8:58

“εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ἰησοῦς· Ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί.” (John 8:58)
הֵשִׁיב לָהֶם יֵשׁוּעַ׃ ״אָמֵן אָמֵן אֲנִי אוֹמֵר לָכֶם, בְּטֶרֶם הֱיוֹת אַבְרָהָם, אֲנִי הוּא.<\p>
"So the Judeans said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple." The lead up to his statement is this:

“So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.”” (John 8:19) “And He was saying to them, “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.” (John 8:23) ““I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.”” (John 8:38)

Jesus took their statement to another level. Not only had he seen Abraham but he was in existence not just before Abraham (which would read ἤμην - ‘I was’) but eternally ‘ἐγὼ εἰμί’. Notice that their response was to pick up stones to throw at him just as in John 10:31 where we are explicitly told their response was to his perceived blasphemy “For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.”

What does Torah say about blasphemy? “‘Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him...” (Leviticus 24:16).

So in John 8:59 their response to his claim was to try and stone him.

John 8:58 reads '...πρὶν (before) Ἀβραὰμ γενέσθαι (was/existed) ἐγὼ εἰμί (I myself am/exist).'

The Greek version (LXX) of the Torah (circa 250 BC) translates "אני הוא" in Deuteronomy 32:39 as "‘See now that I am (ἐγώ εἰμι), And there is no god besides Me..." Isaiah 41:4 "‘I, יהוה , am the first, and with the last. I am he (ἐγώ εἰμι)’ "

And Isaiah 43:10 reads

““You are My witnesses,” declares יהוה, “And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He (ἐγώ εἰμι)...”
Compare this with the words of Jesus to John in Revelation 1:7:

"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am (ἐγώ εἰμι) the first and the last..."
Revelation 22:13, 16

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end... I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
Also Isaiah 43:13, 46:4, 48:12. Isaiah 52:6 is interesting because there יהוה says:

"Therefore my people will know my name in that day. For I am (ἐγώ εἰμι/אני הוא), behold I, the one speaking."
There appears to be a subtle pointer here to Exodus 3:14.

In John 10:28-30 we read:

“...I give eternal life to them... and no one will snatch them out of my hand... and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. “I and the Father are one.”
Jesus claims to give eternal life and then puts himself on a par with the Father.

“The Judeans picked up stones again to stone him... “For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because you, being a man, make yourself out to be God.”
Notice it says they picked up stones again. John is referring back to John 8:59 and so tying the charge for both occasions. What did they see as the blasphemy then as well as on this occasion? Claiming deity.

"Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?"
Many interpret Jesus’ words as directed towards human rulers but a reading of the source, Psalm 82 shows that he is referring to the divine council in heaven who were judged for injustice (to whom the word of God came). If that is the case then what Jesus is asserting is that Tanakh describes the divine council as ‘gods’ and so he too is God but not merely of the created heavenly class but as ontologically one with the uncreated, all powerful Most High Father. “If I do not do the works of my Father, do not believe me; but if I do them, though you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

He is not just elohim but, as stated in John 5, the unique Son of God.

“Therefore they were seeking again to seize Him, and He eluded their grasp.” (John 10:28–39)
They knew what he was claiming and that’s why they continued to try and take him.

Here is Psalm 82 “Elohim takes His stand in the divine assembly (עדת-אל); He judges in the midst of the gods (אלהים). How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? ...I said, “You are gods (אלהים אתם), And all of you are sons of the Most High. “Nevertheless you will die like men (כאדם תמותון) And fall like any one of the princes.”

You sit with a problem-
Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
F2F
I know the rules in any given debate/discussion-I have submitted to you Scripture references proving the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus-you have not answered-

So, again, who is the Logos? Seems we have common ground here.

As to Dr. Utley-yep, he is the real deal, fallible, but the real deal.

Johann.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And who is the Logos?
Johann.
But to all who believed him (The Logos "Wisdom" Verse 1) and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

Explain how you can take part in Yahweh's Logos?

Also, explain how the Logos in Jesus has property in him and his brethren, and styles them members of his body of his flesh, and of his bones; so that they all become one flesh: "which is a great mystery", says Paul, "but I speak concerning the Anointed One and the church" (Eph 5:22-32)?

Should be good!

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Out of interest how do you think the writer uses Logos in Romans? Speak to the words context and meaning.
I believe you can be lead to an essential truth.
F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
But to all who believed him (The Logos "Wisdom" Verse 1) and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

Explain how you can take part in Yahweh's Logos?

Also, explain how the Logos in Jesus has property in him and his brethren, and styles them members of his body of his flesh, and of his bones; so that they all become one flesh: "which is a great mystery", says Paul, "but I speak concerning the Anointed One and the church" (Eph 5:22-32)?

Should be good!

F2F
Allow me to rephrase-who is the Memra?
Just Sophia?
Who is the Logos-Are you saying the Logos is Jesus?

Johann.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Allow me to rephrase-who is the Memra?
Just Sophia?
Who is the Logos-Are you saying the Logos is Jesus?

Johann.

It seems you are not wanting to answer my questions.

I'll ask another, would you misread the opening of John’s Gospel to read it as if it said: ‘In the beginning was the Son and the Son was with God and the Son was God’ (John 1:1).

I assume so.

What you would be doing is limiting Logos by substituting the Son for Word (Greek logos), and thereby the Son is made a member of the Godhead which existed from the beginning.

However, you and I both know if you studied all the Gospels and the Epistles you would know it is the Word that pre‐existed eternally with God and is God.

This agrees with the Second Temple Judaism environment, in which we find God’s word (“memra“) consistently distinguished from Him as His agent but not considered anything more than His literal word, even when personified and anthropomorphised in the Palestinian Targum, where God’s word has “a voice”, speaks, and “goes up” (Genesis 3:8‐10, Exodus 33:1, Numbers 7:89).

Here are examples of historial reading of the text.

Does John complement or contradicts the OT?

Genesis 1:3, “God said, ‘Let there be light.’ And there was light!”
Psalm 33:6, “By the LORD’s decree the heavens were made; by a mere word from his mouth all the stars in the sky were created.”
John 1:1‐3, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was divine. The Word was with God in the beginning. All things were created through it, and apart from it not one thing was created that has been created.”

See the important distinction here Johann?

The logos itself was the agent of creation AND not the origin of creation.

It's why I tried to take you to John 1:12, as God created all things through His divine logos, which includes Jesus Christ and all those found to be in him.

Much more could be said of the "Word being made flesh" but I sense you will not listen.

F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It seems you are not wanting to answer my questions.
You are the one deflecting
The logos itself was the agent of creation AND not the origin of creation.
-not willing to admit the Logos is a title of Christ Jesus-to you probably just a concept in the mind of God.
It's why I tried to take you to John 1:12, as God created all things through His divine logos, which includes Jesus Christ and all those found to be in him.
Not going to make assumptions-are you saying God "created" Christ?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This agrees with the Second Temple Judaism environment, in which we find God’s word (“memra“) consistently distinguished from Him as His agent but not considered anything more than His literal word, even when personified and anthropomorphised in the Palestinian Targum, where God’s word has “a voice”, speaks, and “goes up” (Genesis 3:8‐10, Exodus 33:1, Numbers 7:89).
You may want to try again-for a person lashing at me using "commentaries-you are running to the two Targums? Of the which I am familiar with?

“1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being.”

At the beginning of his gospel, John refers to Jesus Christ as the Logos--the "Word." John Ronning makes a case that the Jewish Targums--interpretive translations of the Old Testament into Aramaic that were read in synagogues--hold the key to understanding John's Logos title. Examining numerous texts in the fourth gospel in the light of the Targums, Ronning shows how connecting the Logos with the targumic Memra (word) unlocks the meaning of a host of theological themes that run throughout the Gospel of John.
  1. The Memra is the same as God but holds certain distinctions. According to Fruchtenbaum, the Memra is “sometimes distinct from God, but other times the same as God” (Fruchtenbaum, Yeshua, 211).

It appears that the rabbis left the paradox intact without attempting to explain how it was that the Memra was God but was distinct from God the Father.

One such example of this is found in Targum Neofiti 1 in the comment on Leviticus 19:1-2 where it is written that “the Lord spoke with Moses saying: ‘Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy, for I am holy in my Memra. Thus says the Lord your God.” This bodes well for an understanding of Christ’s divine nature while remaining distinct from the Father.
The Memra is involved in creation. Fruchtenbaum notes that the Memra was understood to be an “agent of creation” (Fruchtenbaum, Yeshua, 222). John notes that “all things were created through him (referencing Jesus as the Logos), and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created” (Jn. 1:3). According to Fruchtenbaum, John’s teaching is rooted in the rabbinical understanding of the Memra. The Midrash notes that “From the beginning with wisdom the Memra of the Lord created and perfected the heavens and the earth” (Midrash Rabbah: Genesis IV.3-4).

The Memra is an agent of salvation.
Throughout John’s Gospel, Jesus is shown to be the provider of salvation to those who receive (Jn. 1:12).

NOW you should know who is the Memra.

This also bodes well with the Jewish understanding of the Memra as it was believed that the Memra not only provided physical salvation, but spiritual salvation as well (Fruchtenbaum, Yeshua, 227).

The Targum notes that “the people feared before the Lord and they believed in the name of the Memra of the Lord and in the prophecy of Moses, his servant” (Targum Neofiti 1: 14:30-31). Another rabbinical teaching states, “Here I am about to send an angel ahead of you to guard you on the road, and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.

Beware of him and listen to his Memra, do not refuse to listen to him, for he will not forgive your sins, because his Memra is My Name” (The Targum Onqelos to Exodus 23:20-23, 69).
The Memra is a manifestation of God. The Memra of the Lord was a way that God became visible. That is, the Memra was a manifestation of God himself. As Fruchtenbaum notes, God often manifested himself by means of light, fire, a combination of the first three, or by the Angel of the Lord (Fruchtenbaum, Yeshua, 235). This presence was often referred to as the Shechinah glory of God.

The rabbis associated the Memra with the Shechinah glory such as the following midrash, “And it was manifest before the Lord that Moses had turned to see, and the Memra of the Lord called to him from the midst of the thorn bush and said to him: ‘Moses, Moses’ . . . And Moses hid his face because he was afraid to look on the Glory of the Shekinah of the Lord” (Midrash Rabbah: XIII.2).

It appears that John may have linked Jesus to the very same Memra. Some Jewish commentators linked this divine presence with the Angel of the Lord whom they called Metatron.

Here, I need to warn that Metatron is sometimes associated with New Age practices and Jewish mysticism. Some Jewish mystics believe that Metatron was a created being. Even if this is the case, John reveals that Jesus as the Memra was co-eternal with God. He was not a created being, but rather the eternal God who became flesh (tabernacled) with humanity (Jn. 1:14). Nevertheless, the theology is quite interesting when considering John’s use of Logos in his Gospel.

You walked into this with your eyes wide open-Yeshua is NOT a created being-very God of very God and 2 Aorist! -something He was NOT before-in the LIKENESS of man.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann is obvious to all that you will continue to copy and paste commentaries so I will make this as simple for you as possible. Yahweh's Logos is the agent by which He creates naturally and spiritually (thought and reason). Now I get what you are trying to force on John 1 but no matter how many commentaries you paste that Logos became flesh

So bringing this back to Romans 1:4 and comparing your understanding of John 1 explain how the 2 Adams were not created by Logos.

and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dont deflect Johann as you did previously

Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

How did the last Adam become a life giving spirit if it was not by Yahwehs Logos?
How was Christ raised if it was not by the Power of Yahwehs Logos?
Maybe in your theology Adams are Deity but not in mine!

If your god is an Adam your forcing of Deity on John 1 simply doesnt work because it would mean your god is finite and has an alpha and omega - a beginning and end.

Mine is Almighty and All Powerful.

If you want me to list all the verses that reveal what Christ became, and what he was made, I can, but I think you and I both know you will run from the truth to find solace in your commentaries.

It would be great to see you put them away and speak to the original Word and see you find the true Gospel of God.

F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann is obvious to all that you will continue to copy and paste commentaries so I will make this as simple for you as possible. Yahweh's Logos is the agent by which He creates naturally and spiritually (thought and reason). Now I get what you are trying to force on John 1 but no matter how many commentaries you paste that Logos became flesh

So bringing this back to Romans 1:4 and comparing your understanding of John 1 explain how the 2 Adams were not created by Logos.

and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dont deflect Johann as you did previously

Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

How did the last Adam become a life giving spirit if it was not by Yahwehs Logos?
How was Christ raised if it was not by the Power of Yahwehs Logos?
Maybe in your theology Adams are Deity but not in mine!

If your god is an Adam your forcing of Deity on John 1 simply doesnt work because it would mean your god is finite and has an alpha and omega - a beginning and end.

Mine is Almighty and All Powerful.

If you want me to list all the verses that reveal what Christ became, and what he was made, I can, but I think you and I both know you will run from the truth to find solace in your commentaries.

It would be great to see you put them away and speak to the original Word and see you find the true Gospel of God.

F2F
No offense, this little dialogue is over between me and you.
No need to respond
J.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Johann
My brother, I am watching this thread you've started but decline to post @ the moment.

Keep strong & hold fast to your faith, for the naysayer & mockers of TRUTH abound!

Be encouraged........always!

• Love
Reactions: Johann

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann
My brother, I am watching this thread you've started but decline to post @ the moment.

Keep strong & hold fast to your faith, for the naysayer & mockers of TRUTH abound!

Be encouraged........always!
I am appreciative you held back Keturah as the noise can get a little loud in these discussions.
In the end Post#56 could not be dealt with because he knows the second Adam by its very definition, must be a created being otherwise he would cast doubt over the first. Romans 1:4 cmp 1 Corinthians 15:45 along with understanding the function of Gods Logos both in the physical and spiritual draws you to the correct understanding.

Rev 1:18 is the same and makes no sense if the LAST ADAM was Deity

I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

This verse would have no meaning if Christ Pre-Existed - none at all.

The point would be moot if he were Deity...but if the Second Adam was a created being what would the point be?

And how would it apply to us?

F2F