Life by the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And indeed it is .
Proverbs says the FRUIT of the wicked IS TO SIN .
In the letter to the ephesians , paul is very clear . For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT
is in all righteousness , goodness and truth , PROVING what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD .
no true lamb justifies or loves sin .
But we mustn't ignore the first part of the passage in my OP.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some parts of this passage are well known to most of us but in its entirety it is mind blowing.

Galatians 5:13–26

Life by the Spirit

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbour as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I keep hearing Pelosi saying.. No One is Above the Law.
I keep hearing Trump say.. Law and Order.

not that this is relevant to your post.. I just keep hearing it.

There was a lot of bad things going on in that there temple in Jerusalem.
They not only twisted the law, they had no, none, 0 faith in it.
They didn't even recognize the rightful owner of that temple while he was preaching in it.
They had God on the mercy seat in their face and they couldn't hear him.
Not only could they not hear him, they KILLED Him.

Some had faith, like Zechariah who prayed for a son, and the angel Gabriel came and told him that God had heard his petition.
He was a righteous man living IN all the commandments and ordinances.. blameless before the Lord.
So it wasn't the law that killed Zecharias between the temple and the mercy seat. It was the lawless ones.
He was neither above the law or under the law, but walked IN the sprirt of the law.

It was necessary for Jesus to come to draw all men to himself. Because the law that was being taught they had mangled it and rewritten it to fit their own human natural brute beast nature.
Jesus came to bring the Truth. And Mercy which he taught from in the temple every sabbath.
He came to heal because the ones running the temple were more concerned about the money for sins and how rich they got off other
peoples sicknesses. Telling them that the reason they was sick is because they were sinners.
So they never healed anyone, they left them sick to get rich... sound familiar?

All throughout the OT God is pleading.. keep my commandments, keep my ordinances, my statutes, my judgements.
But they had other ideas. Let's do it our way. They murdered, they bare false witness, they had sexual orgies in the temple,
you name it they did it. And all for the love of money.
God wasn't in the Temple anymore. He had gone a long time ago. He couldn't live with them not listening to Him and doing what he said how they should do things.

But the people were suffering. They were pleading for help. They were waiting for the Messiah to come and save them.
And God heard them. He chose out a worthy vessel in which to bear His son. Her name was Mary. Because she heard, she listened, she submitted and had faith.

I don't believe Paul is saying that those who KNOW God are no longer to keep the law.
God's law, is the same as Christs's law.. it was always intended to be heard and kept as a guide for the eyes and on the hands for the works of God, which they never performed. They did their own works, saw things their own way, walked in their own paths.

But the law which these people were in bondage to, the ones this foul evil satanic temple that it had become..
No, they were free. Free from the law of sin and death. Death because God wasn't in their law.
They didn't know God. How could they teach what they did not know?

Just thinking..
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who the heck is Pelosi? I never heard of him.
Nancy Pelosi is the speaker of the House of Representatives in the US.
She insists that no one is above the law.
except for her and her minions that is.
Sorry for the confusion.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy Pelosi is the speaker of the House of Representatives in the US.
She insists that no one is above the law.
except for her and her minions that is.
Sorry for the confusion.
Hugs
She has Jezebel written all over her forehead and blesphemy just oozes out of her mouth.
Every year The President gives a State of the Union Address.
It says how he feels the Nation overall is doing.
99% of the time all Presidents say that the State or condition of the Union of the USA is strong.
We are united as one people.
He/She speaks of where we been, where we are, and where their administration would like us to be led during His/Her term in office.
This State of the Union Address is a legal document meant to go into the National archives, whether one agrees with it or not.

She took this LEGAL document of the people, by the people and for the people, and tore it into shreds on national TV in front of the world.

I don't like her..
She lives in the spirit of Jezebel.

HUGS

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never trusted the vaccine. How can they even find a viable one so quickly? Quickly or not, I will not get one. Anyhow, the "powers that be" have taken this video down so...I can't watch it :(
They took it down on every site i left it on .
Did you know , even here in west texas , its gone beserk . They are banning certain books
and even changing the name of the jr high i went too . Robert E Lee jr high , to who knows what .
IF they are banning books due to this all inclusive world
What on earth makes us think they wont come after the ONE BOOK that to this generation
must seem the worst . THE BIBLE .
And what makes us think they wont come after us who conformed not in the future .
Its where all this is leading . We were warned about how it would look the closer we get to the end .
Folks are selling out sister . They are fearful . We must cling to JESUS dear sister with all our heart
and speak the glorious truth till our last breath . PRAISE YE THE KING . Praise HIM one and all .

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never trusted the vaccine. How can they even find a viable one so quickly? Quickly or not, I will not get one. Anyhow, the "powers that be" have taken this video down so...I can't watch it :(
The leaders are scared . They are banning anything and everything that speaks out against the vaccine
Just wait till biden passes this equality act He has spoken about .
You wont be able to post hardly squat on sites . wanna know why , cause if it offends the reader
the site would be held liable . ITS COMING . they are gonna silence our voices sister .
OH well , JESUS and all HIS sayings and the sayings of the apostles and all biblcal doctrine will be said , no matter the cost .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The leaders are scared . They are banning anything and everything that speaks out against the vaccine
Just wait till biden passes this equality act He has spoken about .
You wont be able to post hardly squat on sites . wanna know why , cause if it offends the reader
the site would be held liable . ITS COMING . they are gonna silence our voices sister .
OH well , JESUS and all HIS sayings and the sayings of the apostles and all biblcal doctrine will be said , no matter the cost .
I fully agree with everything you are saying. I have been seeing so many banned videos since this covid started and it, as you say, will most definitely get much worse. God strengthen our faith and let our hold on things of this world be held very lightly. Our faith will need to be rock solid in Him to get through what is coming our way...hey, at least He gave us warning :)
Amen!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree with everything you are saying. I have been seeing so many banned videos since this covid started and it, as you say, will most definitely get much worse. God strengthen our faith and let our hold on things of this world be held very lightly. Our faith will need to be rock solid in Him to get through what is coming our way...hey, at least He gave us warning :)
Amen!
Yes HE did sister . The end for lambs is but hope joy and life everlasting with JESUS . Though in this world we will suffer .
The end for all who oppose Christ is not good , though they had it good and easy in this life .
The only thing that matters , IS , IS faith in JESUS . PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD my dearly loved sister .