Life by the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some parts of this passage are well known to most of us but in its entirety it is mind blowing.

Galatians 5:13–26

Life by the Spirit

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbour as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some parts of this passage are well known to most of us but in its entirety it is mind blowing.

Life by the Spirit

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbour as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Amen! Good Post!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Life by the Spirit

Good word Pat!
When temptation comes upon me, or a thought that makes me cringe...I bind Satan in Jesus Name and am starting to say "that is not the new creature in Christ, I have a new heart and a renewed mind."

Our church's sermon was on the fruit of the Spirit this week :)
xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Life by the Spirit

@Pearl Great passage there in Galatians.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good word Pat!
When temptation comes upon me, or a thought that makes me cringe...I bind Satan in Jesus Name and am starting to say "that is not the new creature in Christ, I have a new heart and a renewed mind."

Our church's sermon was on the fruit of the Spirit this week :)
xx
For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness righteousness and truth , PROVING that which is ACCEPTABLE to GOD .
Let us always remember that . Leap up and praise the KING .
The fruit of the wicked is ............TO SIN . as says proverbs .
SO when we examine the FruitS of the Spirit , let us always remember
that any love , or etc that is not acceptable to GOD , WELL that love aint of the SPIRIT .
Anything no matter what word is used , IF it contradicts what GOD approves or disapproves , IT COMETH NOT of the SPIRIT
but of men gone wrong .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness righteousness and truth , PROVING that which is ACCEPTABLE to GOD .
that any love , or etc that is not acceptable to GOD , WELL that love aint of the SPIRIT .
Anything no matter what word is used , IF it contradicts what GOD approves or disapproves , IT COMETH NOT of the SPIRIT
but of men gone wrong .
Praise His Holy Name!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise His Holy Name!
Thats right . NO matter what is coming , WE HAVE OUR HOPE . JESUS IS WITH THE LAMBS .
JESUS is all we have , OH BUT HE IS ALL WE NEED . Whether we live or die , WE HAVE ALL HOPE . FOR OUR HOPE IS JESUS CHRIST .
And there is NO OTHER HOPE than HIM . SING IT . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
but of men gone wrong .
We all know the part of that passage about the fruit of the Spirit but not many have heard it taken in context withwhat comes before.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know the part of that passage about the fruit of the Spirit but not many have heard it taken in context withwhat comes before.

Agreed Pat, also...Amigo must know that it is the "fruit" singular...all of those things listed are as one and, we strive to produce all aspects of the "fruit".

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

By their "fruits" ye shall know them. Not by their beliefs (trinity, baptism, Mother Mary, predestination, rapture, etc.).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl The Lord Jesus said, indeed, 'By their fruits ye shall know them" (Matthew).
And indeed it is .
Proverbs says the FRUIT of the wicked IS TO SIN .
In the letter to the ephesians , paul is very clear . For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT
is in all righteousness , goodness and truth , PROVING what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD .
no true lamb justifies or loves sin .

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And indeed it is .
Proverbs says the FRUIT of the wicked IS TO SIN .
In the letter to the ephesians , paul is very clear . For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT
is in all righteousness , goodness and truth , PROVING what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD .
no true lamb justifies or loves sin .
"no true lamb justifies or loves sin " <--- Amen! if a true lamb they would never go there but, oh they do. Our church meaning THE church, is in such a shambles that people are at each other's throats and not treating brothers and sisters as Christ commanded us to.
Yes..."The love of many shall wax cold" such a sad thing, it's no wonder more are not being saved :(

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 7:20
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Jesus actually says 'fruit' not fruits.

Fruit is a word like 'sheep'. We don't say 'There are sheeps in the field.' and we dont say 'There are fruits in the fruit bowl.' So it is a word - like sheep - that can either be singular or plural.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States