Life is Knowledge of CHRIST

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ignorance is bliss ...until the flames

Life is Knowledge of CHRIST. You don't know anything about CHRIST if you keep living in willful sin. How do you claim to Believe in CHRIST if you don't know Him?

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1 Corinthians 2:16
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

How's your mind of CHRIST going with that willful sin?

Repeated willful sin is separation from The Blood of CHRIST, His Image, and your Walk on The Narrow Path of SALVATION.

How does CHRIST know you with all that separation you cause?

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ecc 9:5
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

No more memory of them in JESUS ...He didn't know them.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

JESUS is THE TRUTH.

Do you have knowledge of JESUS? Then you don't get to willfully sin anymore.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom 12:1-2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Titus 2:11-12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
TEACHING US that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Ephesians 1:17-18
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND REVELATION IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians‬ 4:22-24‬
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you didn't Overcome willful sin slavery ...then the Life of CHRIST isn't in you.

Do you think you are free from sin if you keep doing them?

Romans 6:7-12
For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

1 John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Rom 8:10-11
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pe 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2Pe 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pe 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 1:8
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Life of CHRIST in you is giving up worldly lusts ...not continuing to do them. Sorry, JESUS was here to end sin slavery, not to let you continue living in it.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Life is Knowledge of CHRIST then we get that Knowledge from The Tree of LIFE. Life of CHRIST in you is from your spirit reaching for that Tree. That is only possible with the Righteous Reborn Image that CHRIST made available with His Blood. You will hear His Voice when you have His Life. The HOLY SPIRIT Grieving you is CHRIST'S Law being written to your heart.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 10:5-6
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

End anything preventing the Life (Knowledge) of CHRIST in you by Obeying.

You can clean your Temple which will allow The HOLY SPIRIT in you ...which will let you hear His Voice on how to be Righteous ...you Obey.

Luke8:21; Jesus Christ answered, My mother and My brothers are those who Hear the WORD of GOD and DO IT!

"OBEDIENCE is what GOD wants from us from the beginning of mankind"

John 10:26-27
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I do know is the voice of the accuser ....he frames his questions cleverly and proclaims them loudly......he exonerates himself using God's own words.
He is identified by the accusing ......his power is that of death.

The title, 'the accuser' is never given to the life giver....why? because his role is to bring hope.....he snatches burning sticks from the fire, he doesn't push them in......he desires to give the bruised reed and the smouldering wick the same vision he has of them so that those deemed least by men are given a seat among the honoured by God!

Reactions: Nancy

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I do know is the voice of the accuser ....he frames his questions cleverly and proclaims them loudly......he exonerates himself using God's own words.
He is identified by the accusing ......his power is that of death.

The title, 'the accuser' is never given to the life giver....why? because his role is to bring hope.....he snatches burning sticks from the fire, he doesn't push them in......he desires to give the bruised reed and the smouldering wick the same vision he has of them so that those deemed least by men are given a seat among the honoured by God!
right, i work for the devil telling you to stop willful sin.

Stop claiming to be an enlightened sinning-"Christian" that has The HOLY SPIRIT. If you really are Reborn and sinning, this Scripture says you are going to fry. So Clean your Temple (Baptism) and become His Child for real this time to be Saved.

Hebrews 6:4-6
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO REPENTANCE. To their loss they are CRUCIFYING THE SON OF GOD ALL OVER AGAIN and subjecting him to PUBLIC DISGRACE.

Righteousness is the opposite of filthy rags. If you don't have CHRIST'S Law/Life in you ...then you still have filthy rags and should be concerned for your SALVATION. You haven't been Saved from anything.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
right, i work for the devil telling you to stop willful sin.

Stop claiming to be an enlightened sinning-"Christian" that has The HOLY SPIRIT. If you really are Reborn and sinning, this Scripture says you are going to fry. So Clean your Temple (Baptism) and become His Child for real this time to be Saved.

Hebrews 6:4-6
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO REPENTANCE. To their loss they are CRUCIFYING THE SON OF GOD ALL OVER AGAIN and subjecting him to PUBLIC DISGRACE.

Righteousness is the opposite of filthy rags. If you don't have CHRIST'S Law/Life in you ...then you still have filthy rags and should be concerned for your SALVATION. You haven't been Saved from anything.
You presume far too much Joe. Chill some. There are enough accusing voices already ie, peoples own consciences and the devil's consistent goading and blaming. People know they fall short.....they live in a constant state of slow burning anxiety. Christians of all people are to offer light in a dark world....in a world of sinners.....ie, disabled and struggling to make sense of themselves and this torn planet.

Taking Paul words out of their context is doing the very thing presumed not to be done.

But how can one offer light if what one considers light is actually dark?

No man is motivated to be holy by accusations although some 'religious' might think so.

Holiness is the result of seeing a vision greater than oneself.
Accusation is nothing more than a projection of ones own failings.

....and from another angle,.....consider the lass who followed Paul declaring loudly 'these are the servants of God showing you the way to salvation'
Paul cast a spirit out of her.
Now, that should give plenty to reflect on. Even words which appear correct are not necessarily prompted by the Spirit of God!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:18-20
For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error.
2Pe 2:19
They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.
2Pe 2:20
For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 6:6 NKJV
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,

And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18 NET
No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

John 14:7,9 NKJV
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

A Brother handed me this:

[Jhon 17:3 KJV] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 17:4-6 NIV
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 7:12
For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.