Live Forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can live forever,
It's worth all endeavor,
God's promise if faithful,
His words will come true.

Part of one of a Christian song, is it true? It is a promise from God, so it must be

Reactions: Matthias

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can live forever,

God and Christ have no end.
If you are born again, your Spirit exists as "in Christ", and 'one with God", so, there is NO END.

Jesus Himself is Eternal Life, and He is IN all the born again and they exist in Him. "Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory", and Glory is Heaven.

Born again = This is SPIRITUAL UNION with God.....that is caused by God. The end result is that the BORN AGAIN Spirit has become "a new creation in Christ".. for ETERNITY, as that is how long God and Christ will exist.
So its the same for ALL the born again.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Christ have no end.
If you are born again, your Spirit exists as "in Christ", and 'one with God", so, there is NO END.

Jesus Himself is Eternal Life, and He is IN all the born again and they exist in Him. "Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory", and Glory is Heaven.

Born again = This is SPIRITUAL UNION with God.....that is caused by God. The end result is that the BORN AGAIN Spirit has become "a new creation in Christ".. for ETERNITY, as that is how long God and Christ will exist.
So its the same for ALL the born again.

Those of us who are born again will have no end after their death Be

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those of us who are born again will have no end after their death Be

That is because the born have Eternal Life IN THEM, already.

Jesus is Eternal Life...

He said...>"i am the way, the truth and THE Life"....

He said..."i have come to give you LIFE".

John said...>"you may know that you have Eternal life."

Jesus said..>"all that believe in me, i give unto them ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall NEVER Perish"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You can live forever,
It's worth all endeavor,

Part of one of a Christian song, is it true? It is a promise from God, so it must be

If a person believes man is, or has, an eternal soul, then it’s not a matter of living forever. Everyone will forever - the righteous and the wicked. In that belief system it’s nothing more than a matter of location - “Better housing in heaven than the housing in hell.”

What is the name of the Christian song you quoted?

From the selection you posted, it sounds like the primitive Christian hope; resurrection to the life of the age to come.

Reactions: dev553344

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Can the dead live again? If so, this would give me hope through all my years of struggle, and I would eagerly await the release of death.”

(Job 14:14, NLT)

Resurrection hope. Resurrection to life is the release of death.

The Messiah is just the firstborn from the dead. He has been released from death. All of the dead in Messiah will be released from the dead at his second coming.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can live forever,
It's worth all endeavor,

Psalm 37:29 says, "The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.

This means you can live a happy life, have a peaceful future with friends and family.
Jeremiah 29:11

This means we as individuals who are righteous in God's eyes can enjoy life, not just for a short time, but forever. Psalm 22:26

One day in the future the righteous will live on this earth and they will feel no pain, weaken with old age, get sick or live with a disability or die. Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 33:24; 35:5,6

No one will experience injustice. Isaiah 32:16,17

No one will suffer as a result of war.Psalm 46:9

No one will be plagued by troubling thoughts or memories. Isaiah 65:17

Everyone will see dead loved ones resurrected, brought back to life on earth.
John 5:28, 29

Everyone will enjoy good health and youthful energy. Job 33:25

Everyone will have plenty to eat, a comfortable home, and satisfying work. Psalm 72:16; Isaiah 65:21, 22

Everyone will experience complete peace. Psalm 37:11

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because the born have Eternal Life IN THEM, already.

Jesus is Eternal Life...

He said...>"i am the way, the truth and THE Life"....

He said..."i have come to give you LIFE".

John said...>"you may know that you have Eternal life."

Jesus said..>"all that believe in me, i give unto them ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall NEVER Perish"
No sir, Heb 6:4-6 shows otherwise.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person believes man is, or has, an eternal soul, then it’s not a matter of living forever. Everyone will forever - the righteous and the wicked. In that belief system it’s nothing more than a matter of location - “Better housing in heaven than the housing in hell.”

What is the name of the Christian song you quoted?

From the selection you posted, it sounds like the primitive Christian hope; resurrection to the life of the age to come.

The name of the song is life everlasting is promised
https://www.jw.org/en/library/music...lly/147-life-everlasting-promised/?media=sjjc

We do not have an immortal soul sir, satan is the one who said we will not die, Jehovah stated we would, hence the resurrection.

Reactions: Matthias

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 37:29 says, "The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.

This means you can live a happy life, have a peaceful future with friends and family.
Jeremiah 29:11

This means we as individuals who are righteous in God's eyes can enjoy life, not just for a short time, but forever. Psalm 22:26

One day in the future the righteous will live on this earth and they will feel no pain, weaken with old age, get sick or live with a disability or die. Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 33:24; 35:5,6

No one will experience injustice. Isaiah 32:16,17

No one will suffer as a result of war.Psalm 46:9

No one will be plagued by troubling thoughts or memories. Isaiah 65:17

Everyone will see dead loved ones resurrected, brought back to life on earth.
John 5:28, 29

Everyone will enjoy good health and youthful energy. Job 33:25

Everyone will have plenty to eat, a comfortable home, and satisfying work. Psalm 72:16; Isaiah 65:21, 22

Everyone will experience complete peace. Psalm 37:11

Amen brother, thanks for the expounding!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The name of the song is life everlasting is promised
https://www.jw.org/en/library/music...lly/147-life-everlasting-promised/?media=sjjc

We do not have an immortal soul sir, satan is the one who said we will not die, Jehovah stated we would, hence the resurrection.

Thanks.

A church member mentioned to me his belief that the source of all difficulties in theology can be traced back to the pagan Greek belief in the inherent immortality of the soul. He pointed out that belief in the immortal soul became accepted in the Church before the doctrine of the Trinity was formulated. He points to that as an essential contributing factor in the formation of the trinitarian dogma.

I discussed this briefly with a trinitarian professor who believes in conditional immortality. His comment was that conditional immortality presents only an apparent contradiction when it comes to Jesus. The difficulty is removed, he said, by “the fact” that Jesus was never a human person.

I asked him to comment on Christians who lived before the doctrine of the Trinity was formulated and believed in conditional immortality. Did they think Jesus was a human person?

He acknowledged that the earliest Christians weren’t trinitarians [it’s trinitarianism which teaches us that Jesus is not a human person!] and expressed his belief and complete confidence that God will treat them just as he will the faithful who lived in OT times, who also were not trinitarians.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

A church member mentioned to me his belief that the source of all difficulties in theology can be traced back to the pagan Greek belief in the inherent immortality of the soul. He pointed out that belief in the immortal soul became accepted in the Church before the doctrine of the Trinity was formulated. He points to that as an essential contributing factor in the formation of the trinitarian dogma.

I discussed this briefly with a trinitarian professor who believes in conditional immortality. His comment was that conditional immortality presents only an apparent contradiction when it comes to Jesus. The difficulty is removed, he said, by “the fact” that Jesus was never a human person.

I asked him to comment on Christians who lived before the doctrine of the Trinity was formulated and believed in conditional immortality. Did they think Jesus was a human person?

He acknowledged that the earliest Christians weren’t trinitarians [it’s trinitarianism which teaches us that Jesus is not a human person!] and expressed his belief and complete confidence that God will treat them just as he will the faithful who lived in OT times, who also were not trinitarians.

I personally cannot get my head around the concept of immortality. If I correctly understand the meaning as being impossible to die, then it is impossible for them to sin, how can this be? Adam lost life for one sin, no one will be allowed to sin in the new Kingdom, sin will result in the second death.

We realize that God foresees the outcome, therefore He knows when He grants immortality to someone, they will never sin. One of those puzzlers to me for sure.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I personally cannot get my head around the concept of immortality. If I correctly understand the meaning as being impossible to die, then it is impossible for them to sin, how can this be? Adam lost life for one sin, no one will be allowed to sin in the new Kingdom, sin will result in the second death.

We realize that God foresees the outcome, therefore He knows when He grants immortality to someone, they will never sin. One of those puzzlers to me for sure.

We know that we can repent and be forgiven, and Paul tells us that believers will be clothed with immortality when Jesus returns.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's those Christians that will be in heaven with Jesus in that heavenly messianic kingdom that will be given immortality and inherit incorruption. These are the ones who will be kings, priests and judges with Jesus in that heavenly messianic kingdom.
These will be the ones who with Jesus will rule over the Christians on earth, these Christians on earth will always be mortal. Adam was mortal when created he was created a sinless mortal human being that was without spots or blemishes when created. So he had the ability to always be obedient to YHWH God. Just because Adam and Eve chose to be disobedient doesn't mean they couldn't have always been obedient to YHWH God. Jesus came in the likeness of the first man Adam and proved that. Jesus proved that a sinless mortal human being has the ability to be consistently obedient to YHWH God because of the love he has for his Father and God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that we can repent and be forgiven, and Paul tells us that believers will be clothed with immortality when Jesus returns.

We can repent and be forgiven now Matt, based on the ransom sacrifice of Jesus, but when we are granted everlasting life, we are the same as Adam, one sin, the lake of fire. Perhaps you do not understand that.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's those Christians that will be in heaven with Jesus in that heavenly messianic kingdom that will be given immortality and inherit incorruption. These are the ones who will be kings, priests and judges with Jesus in that heavenly messianic kingdom.
These will be the ones who with Jesus will rule over the Christians on earth, these Christians on earth will always be mortal. Adam was mortal when created he was created a sinless mortal human being that was without spots or blemishes when created. So he had the ability to always be obedient to YHWH God. Just because Adam and Eve chose to be disobedient doesn't mean they couldn't have always been obedient to YHWH God. Jesus came in the likeness of the first man Adam and proved that. Jesus proved that a sinless mortal human being has the ability to be consistently obedient to YHWH God because of the love he has for his Father and God.

That is why I finished the way I did bro. That is the only thing that explains it, but for me personally I cannot comprehend it. I am of course not anointed, and likely you are not as well, I don't recall discussing it, but you realize what happens to us after the millennium if we sin. Adam sinned, and no doubt there will be some who will sin when the Kingdom is established as well. Only one choice the second death.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I finished the way I did bro. That is the only thing that explains it, but for me personally I cannot comprehend it. I am of course not anointed, and likely you are not as well, I don't recall discussing it, but you realize what happens to us after the millennium if we sin. Adam sinned, and no doubt there will be some who will sin when the Kingdom is established as well. Only one choice the second death.

Well in the beginning of the 1000 year reign it is my understanding that because the Christians are not sinless individuals yet, if a person sins and is unrepentant or he/she doesn't continue to progress toward perfection those individuals will suffer eternal death. Also those who after the 1000 year reign of Jesus ends even though they be sinless individuals at the time of the last test and he/she sins will also suffer eternal death.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in the beginning of the 1000 year reign it is my understanding that because the Christians are not sinless individuals yet, if a person sins and is unrepentant or he/she doesn't continue to progress toward perfection those individuals will suffer eternal death. Also those who after the 1000 year reign of Jesus ends even though they be sinless individuals at the time of the last test and he/she sins will also suffer eternal death.

Sounds right to me as well. Of course we were discussing immortality, of which only a few get granted. Are you able to understand the concept of immortality among free will beings? It is hard for me to grasp. That is why I concluded my post the way I did, Jehovah knows the finale from the beginning. I guess it is like Him having no beginning, something that us humans simply cannot understand.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds right to me as well. Of course we were discussing immortality, of which only a few get granted. Are you able to understand the concept of immortality among free will beings? It is hard for me to grasp. That is why I concluded my post the way I did, Jehovah knows the finale from the beginning. I guess it is like Him having no beginning, something that us humans simply cannot understand.

Well YHWH God has always been an immortal being, so it's not hard for me to grasp the idea that he's immortal. I do understand that because no human has ever experienced immortality we can't really discuss it and understand it like we do with mortality.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well YHWH God has always been an immortal being, so it's not hard for me to grasp the idea that he's immortal. I do understand that because no human has ever experienced immortality we can't really discuss it and understand it like we do with mortality.

I never actually considered Jehovah being mortal Bro. Perhaps satan thinks that is a possibility I don't know, for some strange reason he must have thought he could be the victor. But think of what that would mean to our hopes. In 1968 the New York Times printed a headline that God is dead, wonder what that did for their circulation. I don't think there are too many who think He is mortal, we just understand that God has to be immortal, but I seriously doubt than anyone can understand Him not having a beginning. That may be one of the things about Him we will never come to grasp Ecc 3:11

I cannot put my head around any human being immortal, especially since so many angels didn't remain faithful. Even the anointed sin daily, could you imagine the pressure put upon you knowing that you have to not sin every single moment of time. A brother gave a fine talk once on something that I never thought about before with Adam and Eve, he pointed out that being perfect, their natural inclination is to not sin. As easy as it is for us to sin, is as easy for them not to. They actually had to go against their natural inclination and deliberately choose to oppose Jehovah. I have never forgotten that talk, even though I forgot who gave it, but it made an impact on me. Hopefully after we attain perfection, our natural inclination will be not to sin, which I believe will be correct. One thing by Jehovah's correct choice of letting this world go on, when we have that inclination we can remember what happened to us with the first sin, what a motivator huh my brother?