Live Forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never actually considered Jehovah being mortal Bro. Perhaps satan thinks that is a possibility I don't know, for some strange reason he must have thought he could be the victor. But think of what that would mean to our hopes. In 1968 the New York Times printed a headline that God is dead, wonder what that did for their circulation. I don't think there are too many who think He is mortal, we just understand that God has to be immortal, but I seriously doubt than anyone can understand Him not having a beginning. That may be one of the things about Him we will never come to grasp Ecc 3:11

I cannot put my head around any human being immortal, especially since so many angels didn't remain faithful. Even the anointed sin daily, could you imagine the pressure put upon you knowing that you have to not sin every single moment of time. A brother gave a fine talk once on something that I never thought about before with Adam and Eve, he pointed out that being perfect, their natural inclination is to not sin. As easy as it is for us to sin, is as easy for them not to. They actually had to go against their natural inclination and deliberately choose to oppose Jehovah. I have never forgotten that talk, even though I forgot who gave it, but it made an impact on me. Hopefully after we attain perfection, our natural inclination will be not to sin, which I believe will be correct. One thing by Jehovah's correct choice of letting this world go on, when we have that inclination we can remember what happened to us with the first sin, what a motivator huh my brother?

We understand that no human being will ever be immortal. They will always be mortal.
Adam and Eve were created mortal sinless human beings, they we're without spot or blemish when created. When they sinned, like you said, they went against their inclination to not sin which shows how deliberate a choice they made to be disobedient to the true God. It also shows that after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ those who sin will also make a deliberate choice to disobey the true God during the last test.
But we also know that mortal sinless humans who will be without spot or blemish can consistently obey God because of the faith they have for the true God because of the love they have for him. Jesus Christ showed us that.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We understand that no human being will ever be immortal. They will always be mortal.
Adam and Eve were created mortal sinless human beings, they we're without spot or blemish when created. When they sinned, like you said, they went against their inclination to not sin which shows how deliberate a choice they made to be disobedient to the true God. It also shows that after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ those who sin will also make a deliberate choice to disobey the true God during the last test.
But we also know that mortal sinless humans who will be without spot or blemish can consistently obey God because of the faith they have for the true God because of the love they have for him. Jesus Christ showed us that.

I never thought about that either Barn, but you are correct, in fact only Jesus and the 144k have that, and of course Jehovah from which it stems. But even in that with free will, the possibility of sin could happen, it is just Jehovah's knowing the finale from the beginning that moved Him to grant these ones immortality. Kinda scary when you think about it. Look at our historical rebelliousness, and our imperfections we still have today.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never thought about that either Barn, but you are correct, in fact only Jesus and the 144k have that, and of course Jehovah from which it stems. But even in that with free will, the possibility of sin could happen, it is just Jehovah's knowing the finale from the beginning that moved Him to grant these ones immortality. Kinda scary when you think about it. Look at our historical rebelliousness, and our imperfections we still have today.

Those who are bought from humanity who have been chosen by God to be kings, priests and judges with Jesus in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom who will be rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption when resurrected, God will allow them to be thoroughly tested to make sure that they will be faithful to him. So those who are resurrected and rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption, God obviously is confident they will be faithful.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are bought from humanity who have been chosen by God to be kings, priests and judges with Jesus in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom who will be rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption when resurrected, God will allow them to be thoroughly tested to make sure that they will be faithful to him. So those who are resurrected and rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption, God obviously is confident they will be faithful.

All of us get tested bro, but passing one test, does not necessarily mean we will pass every test. I think among all of us who gain life, the number will be quite small, but then there are passages like Rev 20:8 that hit us too. No doubt when they get cast into the lake, the pressure of sin will be much less I would assume.
It's kinda like associates now, when we are around brothers and sisters, desire for sin is much less.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us get tested bro, but passing one test, does not necessarily mean we will pass every test. I think among all of us who gain life, the number will be quite small, but then there are passages like Rev 20:8 that hit us too. No doubt when they get cast into the lake, the pressure of sin will be much less I would assume.
It's kinda like associates now, when we are around brothers and sisters, desire for sin is much less.

These who will have been chosen from among human beings by God who will be kings, priests, and judges in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom will be thoroughly tested during their lifetime on earth so they won't be passing one test they will be going through many tests during their life as a human being on earth, however long that is.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These who will have been chosen from among human beings by God who will be kings, priests, and judges in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom will be thoroughly tested during their lifetime on earth so they won't be passing one test they will be going through many tests during their life as a human being on earth, however long that is.

No different than any of us though. I would say that they live the faith to a greater degree most likely. I only really knew one possible one, and she did a lot in Jehovah's service, He was definitely the most important thing in her life. She was very obedient, we just lost her a couple of weeks back. Her memorial is still in the works.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No different than any of us though. I would say that they live the faith to a greater degree most likely. I only really knew one possible one, and she did a lot in Jehovah's service, He was definitely the most important thing in her life. She was very obedient, we just lost her a couple of weeks back. Her memorial is still in the works.

Well actually I don't think I can honestly say I understand the experience of actually being one of those that are chosen to be kings, priests, and judges with Jesus in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom. I can understand what the scriptures say about it, but since I'm not one of those chosen I have no personal experience as being one of those that were chosen, so obviously I have no personal experience what's that's like, how that would increase my faith, but I do think they that are chosen must have a very strong faith.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well actually I don't think I can honestly say I understand the experience of actually being one of those that are chosen to be kings, priests, and judges with Jesus in that heavenly Messianic Kingdom. I can understand what the scriptures say about it, but since I'm not one of those chosen I have no personal experience as being one of those that were chosen, so obviously I have no personal experience what's that's like, how that would increase my faith, but I do think they that are chosen must have a very strong faith.

Yeah buddy! Very strong indeed. Our Circuit Assy is this week. I was just able to download it today, making DVD discs for some who does not have other means of watching it. Looking forward to viewing our Friends of Peace assembly. Have you had yours yet?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah buddy! Very strong indeed. Our Circuit Assy is this week. I was just able to download it today, making DVD discs for some who does not have other means of watching it. Looking forward to viewing our Friends of Peace assembly. Have you had yours yet?

They announce that we would receive it in November. I've checked jw.org to make sure I hadn't received it early but I know I'll receive it in November.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They announce that we would receive it in November. I've checked jw.org to make sure I hadn't received it early but I know I'll receive it in November.

I have wondered if everyone is viewing the Regional at the same time, I think they have been, do you know?