Living in cheaper foreign countries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone ever considered going to a cheaper foreign country to live.

I can't do it. I'm a senior citizen who is a caregiver to my mom.

But it seems one could really stretch their budget living in some other countries.

I have been looking at videos about the cost of living in India. An American guy got a nice, two bedroom apartment for only $167 a month! (Video 3 years old but still practically nothing for rent!) He gets a haircut for only $1.32! Groceries, everything so cheap there.

Anyone adventurous enough to move to a cheaper country?
I've thought about it, but I wouldn't leave my kids and grandbabies. If I did, it would not be India, or anyplace where I'd have to live in a city, in an apartment, or rent. If I could purchase enough land to grow food sustainably and ALL my loved knes could be with me ......YES! But my dream would be to have a place like that anywhere God plans to create a Goshen .....bc times are only getting worse, and I do believe He has designated Goshens for His people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:I know:Chkl:I think we also have to remember if we do move to another country that we are then the immigrants. The Ex-Pat's.

And if anything goes awry in those lands, we can be at risk.

My sister thought of moving to Iceland. There, there is no bilingual labeling, to hear tell. If you dont speak their native tongue you don't get hired. And while they do speak English, maybe, you won't be well received.

She use to joke she knew only two languages. English and bad English. A Bruce Willis fan,obviously.

She was not well versed in learning other languages.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Debp