Living, working and praying from Mars

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect and hope Jesus comes back before any of this.

If the Tower of Babylon was enough to make God angry, what about destroying the earth He created and then deciding to move to create our own earth?

It makes more sense to shove a flag in the ground of New Mexico, call it Mars, build another UFO shaped house, tell everyone to leave you alone, never step outside again, grow all of your plants inside, run out of water intentionally on a daily basis, but still have oxygen and some Patchouli or Dragon's Blood incense going, or what have you...

ok Now I need know.

What kind of incense is most Catholic?

It looks cool though

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

If the Tower of Babylon was enough to make God angry, what about destroying the earth He created and then deciding to move to create our own earth?

It makes more sense to shove a flag in the ground of New Mexico, call it Mars, build another UFO shaped house, tell everyone to leave you alone, never step outside again, grow all of your plants inside, run out of water intentionally on a daily basis, but still have oxygen and some Patchouli or Dragon's Blood incense going, or what have you...

ok Now I need know.

It looks cool though
it has to be strong. o_O

Reactions: DuckieLady

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well there ya go.....I knew I had to be right about something!

My friend, now that we resolved the incense issue, let’s discuss the icons. :)
I will take a small corner on the base and turn it into a temple of prayer, while you …. pray on your way to the bathroom. Deal?

0682408D-0470-47F4-A40F-FD5BC96F0C97.jpeg

Reactions: Lambano

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ok Now I need know.

It looks cool though

Fluffy, why do you think exploring Mars is such a bad thing? I’m curious to hear your take.
Aren’t humans explorers? Should Columbus given up his explorations because …. It was somehow an un-Godly thing?

Regarding the incense question: The incense that we use in our church (Easter Orthodox) is frankincense I believe.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy, why do you think exploring Mars is such a bad thing? I’m curious to hear your take.
Aren’t humans explorers? Should Columbus given up his explorations because …. It was somehow an un-Godly thing?

Regarding the incense question: The incense that we use in our church (Easter Orthodox) is frankincense I believe.
I think exploring is fine but leaving the home God created with everything we need is different.

Maybe, maybe not, depending on how you look at it, but God created us from the beginning to be caretakers of the earth, the other planets are self-sustaining and nothing there really requires us.

Columbus wasn't the first discover America, school lied to us, even vikings were here way before, and honestly he was probably one of the most ungodly people in history.

Frankincense is a good choice

Incense is mentioned in the Bible a few times.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think exploring is fine but leaving the home God created with everything we need is different.

Maybe, maybe not, depending on how you look at it, but God created us from the beginning to be caretakers of the earth, the other planets are self-sustaining and nothing there really requires us.

Columbus wasn't the first discover America, school lied to us, even vikings were here way before, and honestly he was probably one of the most ungodly people in history.

Okay, I can see your reasoning now Fluffers and it does make make me think and yes it does depend how you look at it.
Here’s my reasoning: “home” isn’t exactly a location but a state of mind or a spiritual state. We change our home location many times during our lives.
Jews not living in Israel and not bound by a location but by an idea. So whether they live in Alaska or in Jupiter they will still practice their faith.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As far as incense, I agree with this. I like frankincense and use the essential oils frankincense and myrrh almost daily. I wonder what the incense used in Biblical times was made of ...probably oils and something flammable like reed? I'm curious. But.... it's not necessary or a requirement for prayer.

As a sidenote ...both frankincense and myrrh are anti-cancer.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I can see your reasoning now Fluffers and it does make make me think and yes it does depend how you look at it.
Here’s my reasoning: “home” isn’t exactly a location but a state of mind or a spiritual state. We change our home location many times during our lives.
Jews not living in Israel and not bound by a location but by an idea. So whether they live in Alaska or in Jupiter they will still practice their faith.

I'm sure we could practice anywhere, but if all humans left the earth, all animals would be at risk of extinction, and plant life. So everything God created would be destroyed.

Hunters know that the deer have to be cut down in population, sheep need to be shorn or they can die, if weeds take over, that would choke out food for animals, and forests fires are natural and the burning down is essential in order to revive itself - but without us the whole thing would collapse and animals would lose their homes.

Most importantly, who would supply the thieving pigeons with Lays from gas stations???

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as incense, I agree with this. I like frankincense and use the essential oils frankincense and myrrh almost daily. I wonder what the incense used in Biblical times was made of ...probably oils and something flammable like reed? I'm curious. But.... it's not necessary or a requirement for prayer.

As a sidenote ...both frankincense and myrrh are anti-cancer.

I like both. Myrrh oil is really good for tooth infections, too. My guess is the incense would have been dried leaves burned straight in the same way they burn white sage, but that's more of a new age practice.

You know I don't know but there is this verse I think in Exodus where God says to mix vegetable ash (???I think) and hyssop for purification after handling bodies, and the whole thing sounds really mystical, but it is just soap.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure we could practice anywhere, but if all humans left the earth, all animals would be at risk of extinction, and plant life. So everything God created would be destroyed.

Hunters know that the deer have to be cut down in population, sheep need to be shorn or they can die, if weeds take over, that would choke out food for animals, and forests fires are natural and the burning down is essential in order to revive itself - but without us the whole thing would collapse and animals would lose their homes.

Most importantly, who would supply the thieving pigeons with Lays from gas stations???

LOL.
Love that video.
For the record, I don’t want all humans to leave planet Earth. There will always be a few who choose to explore and many who choose to stay.
I understand your reasons and in all honesty I wouldn’t take the journey now if given the opportunity. But if I was in my 20s I would definitely go.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.
Love that video.
For the record, I don’t want all humans to leave planet Earth. There will always be a few who choose to explore and many who choose to stay.
I understand your reasons and in all honesty I wouldn’t take the journey now if given the opportunity. But if I was in my 20s I would definitely go.
Iol I think it would be cool for a lot of people. I admire that courage. I won't even get on a plane.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.
Love that video.
I've seen articles by various scientists, futurologists, etc. who are convinced that civilization on earth is doomed either by climate change or inevitable nuclear war, and they want to establish human civilization off-planet in order to ensure the continued existence of the human race. I'm with Fluffy in that just giving up on Earth is not proper stewardship of what God has given us.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen articles by various scientists, futurologists, etc. who are convinced that civilization on earth is doomed either by climate change or inevitable nuclear war, and they want to establish human civilization off-planet in order to ensure the continued existence of the human race. I'm with Fluffy in that just giving up on Earth is not proper stewardship of what God has given us.

I’m too old to travel now and I’m kinda like Fluffers where I avoid airplanes too. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been on a plane and I don’t want to go in one ever again.
But if I was 20 … I’d probably hop on the shuttle and go to my base on Mars where I’m going to share the base with QuietThinker.