LOCUSTS From The Book of JOEL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The locusts God described in the Book of Joel are about the locusts mentioned for the END in Revelation 9. It AIN'T... about real locusts, but symbolic locusts.

Joel 1:1-15
1 The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.

2 Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?
3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

God tells the children of Israel whether or not this event has happened in their day, or even in the days of their fathers? Then God tells them to keep passing this on to their children, and their children's children, i.e. from generation to generation. Might that mean to pass this on even to the final generation that will see Jesus' coming? Yep!

So if you are one of God's people (in Christ), you are supposed to know about this prophecy in Joel.

4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

God uses the 4 stages of a locust in nature as comparison to how these locusts eat up everything for the end of this world.

5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

For a nation is come up upon My land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

There's the reference to the Rev.9:8 verse about the locusts having teeth LIKE lions. That is a METAPHOR, not about real locusts have teeth like lions. God does NOT do monsters, so it just silliness to think these locusts are monsters like in some Hollywood horror movie.

WHAT does God call them there? A NATION! That means a specific PEOPLE! And God used the idea of the 4 development stages of a natural locust to represent HOW they attack His people in the last days.

7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: He hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.
8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD's ministers, mourn.
10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.
11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.
12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.
13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

All that above is symbolic of great distress in the last days by God's people, because of the operation of this locust army, "a NATION", and "STRONG, and without number."

15 Alas for the day!
for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.
KJV

Because that "day of the Lord" is mentioned, it means this event of the locusts is meant to happen in the last days just prior to the "day of the Lord", which is when Christ will return to destroy Satan's host at the battle of Armageddon.

Joel 2
2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Once again, mention of that "day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand" represents these events for the last days, near the very end of this world, like TODAY with the globalist's working towards a "one world government."

And again God is describing what the locusts actually represent, i.e., "a great people and a strong".

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

God is giving this locust army the power to do all this at the end of this world, to completely takeover all nations of this world and setup their "king of the world", the coming Antichrist.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

There's the 'horsemen' reference for the locusts which Rev.9:7 and Rev.9:17 points to. God is simply using that as a metaphor for how these people takeover, operating like an army going to battle. He is NOT meaning literal locust monsters that look like horses, that's silly.

(Continued...)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

The locusts "as a strong people set in battle array", having the power of fire that devours stubble. It's all an expression for how complete their takeover of the whole earth is.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

Like an invincible army, they can't be killed.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

They shall climb through your windows like a thief! These are expressions for their taking over everything. And what comes through your house? Their false media, false literature, false education, false history, false religion, need I go on? Senator Barry Goldwater was real accurate when he described there exists 4 main categories of control over the earth: the systems of 'education', 'political', 'finance', and 'religion'. Control of those categories upon this earth is what these locusts have been busy behind the scenes doing.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11 And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong That executeth His word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

The sun and moon turning dark, and the stars withdrawing their shinning, are symbols used about Christ's future coming per Matthew 24 and Mark 13. That is when the "day of the LORD will happen, with Christ's future return to fight with His army.

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth Him of the evil.
14 Who knoweth if He will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind Him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?
15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, "Spare Thy people, O LORD, and give not Thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, "Where is their God?"

That is where we are at today in Bible prophecy. That is what we are supposed to be doing today, praying to The Father through His Son Jesus Christ, asking Him to save us from all this mess in the world which the locust army has created for their king, Satan.

18 Then will the LORD be jealous for His land, and pity His people.

Uh, oh... that's a good... sign for us, God's people. We welcome His return to destroy wickedness upon this earth.

19 Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto His people, "Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:
20 But I will remove far off from you
the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.
21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.

Northern army? Yes, the army coming out of the northern parts upon Israel on the last day, as God prophesied for the end in Ezekiel 38 and 39. That is what the future battle of Armageddon, and battle of Zechariah 14 will be about, with Christ's coming with His army from Heaven to fight it, with fire and brimstone, and hailstones weighing a talent (70-120 lbs.).

22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for He hath given you the former rain moderately, and He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm,
My great army which I sent among you.

When all this is over, with Christ's future return, at that time God is going to restore all that the locust army had taken.

Notice especially, that God calls that locust army, "My great army which I sent among you"! You mean God is allowing that locust army to operate, and take over control of this earth and the wealth of His people in the last days? That's right. Those who support it, whether deceived or not deceived, that follow it, will make it easy for God to do some pruning, as each person will be held responsible for what they follow in the last days.

26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, That hath dealt wondrously with you: and My people shall never be ashamed.
27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and My people shall never be ashamed.
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit.

Apostle Peter quoted that on Pentecost in Acts 1, pointing to the cloven tongue as an example of God pouring out of His Spirit upon His people in the last days. But never forget, that Acts 1 was an 'example' of what the cloven tongue is actually for at the very end during the time of "great tribulation". Some of us are going to be delivered up to give a Testimony for Jesus by The Holy Spirit speaking through us against this beast and its locust army (see Mark 13).

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
KJV

That event of the sun turned to darkness, and the moon into blood, are all signs for the very end, just PRIOR to that final day of this world, the "day of the LORD" that will come "as a thief in the night".

Thus the 'locust army' is NOT about monsters. It is about a NATION, a STRONG PEOPLE of men that God allows to take over this earth for the last days. And they will not miss any little thing in that complete takeover, and they will be unstoppable by us. This is why Rev.13 asks who can make war with the beast?

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The locusts God described in the Book of Joel are about the locusts mentioned for the END in Revelation 9. It AIN'T... about real locusts, but symbolic locusts.

2 Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?
3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

God tells the children of Israel whether or not this event has happened in their day, or even in the days of their fathers? Then God tells them to keep passing this on to their children, and their children's children, i.e. from generation to generation. Might that mean to pass this on even to the final generation that will see Jesus' coming? Yep!

So if you are one of God's people (in Christ), you are supposed to know about this prophecy in Joel.

4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

God uses the 4 stages of a locust in nature as comparison to how these locusts eat up everything for the end of this world.

5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

For a nation is come up upon My land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

There's the reference to the Rev.9:8 verse about the locusts having teeth LIKE lions. That is a METAPHOR, not about real locusts have teeth like lions. God does NOT do monsters, so it just silliness to think these locusts are monsters like in some Hollywood horror movie.

WHAT does God call them there? A NATION! That means a specific PEOPLE! And God used the idea of the 4 development stages of a natural locust to represent HOW they attack His people in the last days.

7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: He hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.
9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD's ministers, mourn.
10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.
11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.
12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.
13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

All that above is symbolic of great distress in the last days by God's people, because of the operation of this locust army, "a NATION", and "STRONG, and without number."

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.
KJV

Because that "day of the Lord" is mentioned, it means this event of the locusts is meant to happen in the last days just prior to the "day of the Lord", which is when Christ will return to destroy Satan's host at the battle of Armageddon.

Joel 2
2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Once again, mention of that "day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand" represents these events for the last days, near the very end of this world, like TODAY with the globalist's working towards a "one world government."

And again God is describing what the locusts actually represent, i.e., "a great people and a strong".

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

God is giving this locust army the power to do all this at the end of this world, to completely takeover all nations of this world and setup their "king of the world", the coming Antichrist.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

There's the 'horsemen' reference for the locusts which Rev.9:7 and Rev.9:17 points to. God is simply using that as a metaphor for how these people takeover, operating like an army going to battle. He is NOT meaning literal locust monsters that look like horses, that's silly.

(Continued...)
Yes, I think the Joel passage is speaking of a literal locust army, but depicts God's use of various plagues to bring judgment upon the disobedient among the Jewish People. The same would apply in the last days to Christian Civilization, which has gone apostate.

Plagues will fall upon European Civilization, as it already has. But I do agree that the Revelation passage is likely speaking of a different kind of plague--a non-literal locust plague, probably representing an Army, whether demonic or human. You're right--it's obviously symbolic, and not a literal locust plague.

Reactions: Wrangler

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think the Joel passage is speaking of a literal locust army, but depicts God's use of various plagues to bring judgment upon the disobedient among the Jewish People. The same would apply in the last days to Christian Civilization, which has gone apostate.

Plagues will fall upon European Civilization, as it already has. But I do agree that the Revelation passage is likely speaking of a different kind of plague--a non-literal locust plague, probably representing an Army, whether demonic or human. You're right--it's obviously symbolic, and not a literal locust plague.

No such thing as a "literal locust army", for that would mean the Rev.9 monster description of them would be actual. It's not, but is only 'symbolic', just as the Joel Scripture is also describing the locusts as actually being about a Nation, a people, that only attack and operate like an army, with God using the idea of locusts because of how natural locust devour plant life, literally wiping out crops and such. And God's symbolic example in Joel 1 with the locusts ripping the bark off trees, leaving tree bare looking white, that's used as symbol for how strong their attack will be at the end.

So what is it that Rev.9 actually shows... is the purpose... of their attacking God's people at the end? DECEPTION -- which it is WORDS that come out of the MOUTH, and it tells us their POWER IS IN THEIR MOUTH.

So what WILL BE the greatest deception set for the very end during the coming time of "great tribulation" before Jesus comes? It's the "STRONG DELUSION" Paul warned us about, the coming of a FALSE-MESSIAH to JERUSALEM who will exalt himself in place of GOD, and over all that called GOD, or that is worshiped. That will be the specific ATTACK out of the locust's MOUTHS, and Lord Jesus's first major SIGN of warning was to not allow any man to deceive us.

Reactions: Earburner

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a "literal locust army", for that would mean the Rev.9 monster description of them would be actual. It's not, but is only 'symbolic', just as the Joel Scripture is also describing the locusts as actually being about a Nation, a people, that only attack and operate like an army, with God using the idea of locusts because of how natural locust devour plant life, literally wiping out crops and such. And God's symbolic example in Joel 1 with the locusts ripping the bark off trees, leaving tree bare looking white, that's used as symbol for how strong their attack will be at the end.

So what is it that Rev.9 actually shows... is the purpose... of their attacking God's people at the end? DECEPTION -- which it is WORDS that come out of the MOUTH, and it tells us their POWER IS IN THEIR MOUTH.

So what WILL BE the greatest deception set for the very end during the coming time of "great tribulation" before Jesus comes? It's the "STRONG DELUSION" Paul warned us about, the coming of a FALSE-MESSIAH to JERUSALEM who will exalt himself in place of GOD, and over all that called GOD, or that is worshiped. That will be the specific ATTACK out of the locust's MOUTHS, and Lord Jesus's first major SIGN of warning was to not allow any man to deceive us.
Could be.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Locusts have been used to describe people before and this is the case in Rev 9 and Joel 1. Over a period of 1,000 years, with no ability to grind their teeth, their teeth will become long like those of a lion. Also, their hair will be uncut and be long like a womans.

But both Joel and Rev are still over 1,000 years into the future, so the description could be very accurate given the timespan for the teeth and hair to grow unhindered.

Shalom

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The locust creatures in Revelation 9 come out of the bottomless pit. So they are not a human army. They inflict pain by biting and stinging.

They will be carnivores because they don't eat the grass nor trees. (Revelation 9:4)

They do not harm persons having the seal of God (Revelation 9::4). So there is a limitation on who they torment for the 5 months of their activity. It does not say what ends the 5 months. It will probably be the life span the locust creatures will have.

Apparently their stings will put people in some sort of coma, or incapacitating state, unable to react. As the pain will be intense enough that people will try to die, but cannot. (Revelation 9:6)

Revelation 9:

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The verse in Joel 1:6 uses the same metaphor of teeth of a lion as the locust creatures in Revelation 9:8 does as well.

But in Joel 1:4, the plague in Joel is that of the plamerworm, locust, cankerworn, caterpillar, eating crops and destroying trees.

Differently, the locust in Revelation 9:4 don't hurt any green thing, i.e. the grass nor trees.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Davy even though I don’t think you like me much. I still read your studies. you have a gift (Imo) although we don’t agree on a lot of things. I couldn’t agree more that the locust is not literal. Have you considered this …that what you have written describes “I come as a thief” …there is angst in His coming “as a thief” with the warning to watch and to be sober and that “you keep your garments” what do locust and Palmer worms do? They all eat up and destroy the garment (be careful you don’t bite and consume one another up). But He says that you be caught not unaware (to stay awake) where He comes as a thief in the night…and the garments they trusted in be taken away. You describe “a nation” “a people” “with teeth” as a thief in the night they come to destroy but He warns “so that day does not over take you as a thief” put on “the New man” where no thief approaches, put On the whole armor of God that you stand in the day of battle. I think your study teaches to be prepared and to identity the thief is not literal locusts…yet is “literal” in the sense of all you showed of men wanting to take your garments away. He even warns “let them”. And to “Rejoice when they (take your spoil) garments, knowing you have better Garments in Christ which no man takes away from you.” (Paraphrasing what it means to me)

The 4 stages
How they attack His people in the last days.
You maybe won’t agree with this but I really wish you would at least consider it. How this one thing you have shared possibly best describes “when you see them surrounding Jerusalem in the last days.” Today it’s “His people” (whom are: you are of the day and not of the night, where that thief overtakes you. Wake up!) in the last days the thief surrounds the habitat of God, prepared of God for His place…you described 4 stages…of attack but the attack is not on a temple in a far off place but the attack is on “His people”.

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.
As a thief in the night…but you are not of the night where that day should overtake you as a thief.
As locust Joel 2:25-30And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten…

“This event of the locust”
Happens just prior
To “the day of the Lord” ….you gave the key I think of “His return” in what Fast He calls for. I think it’s in Isaiah where He says you will be like “a watered garden” whose “waters fails not”
Joel 2

(Continued...)
The appearance of them …as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
…warning for how these people (as a thief take over)operating as an army going to battle.

Reminds me of Jeremiah 15:2-3 And it shall come to pass, if they say unto thee, Where shall we go forth? then you shall tell them, Thus saith the LORD; Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captivity, to the captivity. [3] And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD: the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.

Yet also: Isaiah 54:16-17 Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. [17] No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

The locusts "as a strong people set in battle array", having the power of fire that devours stubble. It's all an expression for how complete their takeover of the whole earth is.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

Like an invincible army, they can't be killed.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

They shall climb through your windows like a thief! These are expressions for their taking over everything. And what comes through your house? Their false media, false literature, false education, false history, false religion, need I go on? Senator Barry Goldwater was real accurate when he described there exists 4 main categories of control over the earth: the systems of 'education', 'political', 'finance', and 'religion'. Control of those categories upon this earth is what these locusts have been busy behind the scenes doing.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11 And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong That executeth His word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

The sun and moon turning dark, and the stars withdrawing their shinning, are symbols used about Christ's future coming per Matthew 24 and Mark 13. That is when the "day of the LORD will happen, with Christ's future return to fight with His army.

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth Him of the evil.
14 Who knoweth if He will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind Him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?
15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, "Spare Thy people, O LORD, and give not Thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, "Where is their God?"

That is where we are at today in Bible prophecy. That is what we are supposed to be doing today, praying to The Father through His Son Jesus Christ, asking Him to save us from all this mess in the world which the locust army has created for their king, Satan.

18 Then will the LORD be jealous for His land, and pity His people.

Uh, oh... that's a good... sign for us, God's people. We welcome His return to destroy wickedness upon this earth.

You lost me at how this is all some future event. Thievery was already coming in during the disciples and apostles age. They warned against biting and devouring one another. There is a reason all the generations prior to our generation were (also) instructed to put on the whole armor of God and warned of thieves coming to steal their garments. Is it not because every generation encounters thievery in the night? Jesus gave a parable about a man attacked on the roadside where thieves robbed and beat him and left him half dead. Where those who passed by saw the man and kept walking, while the Samaritan stopped to help the man attacked who had been robbed and left half dead.

Not only that but in the parable of the seed and the sower … the thief comes to steal the word planted…fowls coming to devour the seed.

Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

Isaiah 58:4-12 Behold, you fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: you shall not fast as you do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high. [5] Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? will you call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD? [6] Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? [7] Is it not to deal you bread to the hungry(if your enemy is hungry, feed him), and that you bring the poor (weak and without knowledge of Christ) that are cast out to your house? when you see the naked(who has no garment), that you cover him; and that you hide not yourself from your own flesh? [8] Then shall your light break forth as the morning, and your health shall spring forth speedily: and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. [9] Then you will call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shall cry, and he shall say, Here I am. (Return) If you take away from the midst of you (the body of Christ) the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if you draw out you soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall your light rise in obscurity, and your darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and you shall (the body of Christ) be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water(flowing out of their bellies), whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of you shall build (on the foundation with Christ the corner stone), the old waste places: You will raise up (Resurrect) the foundations of many generations; and You will be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Al mention of locusts in Joel are metaphorical.

The Book of Joel:
Blow the shofar in Zion: sound the alarm in the holy Land. Let all the inhabitants of the Land tremble, for the Day of the Lord is coming. A Day of darkness and dense cloud is at hand.
The Day of the Lord is near, it’s coming is already known to those with eyes to see. It will be a mighty destruction instigated by the Almighty 1. Great will be that Day and who will be able to endure it?

But now the Lord says: If you turn back to Me wholeheartedly with fasting, repentance and mourning for your sins, it may be I will relent and leave a blessing behind, enough for My people to make a grain or drink offering. Spare Your people, Lord 4, do not expose us to shame. Why should we cry: “Where is our God?”

When that time comes, I the Lord will bring the nations to judgement 2 for their crimes against My people, now scattered around the world. What are you, Lebanon, Syria and Palestine? Are you thinking to redress a supposed wrong done to you? If you try force, I will quickly make your evil intentions recoil upon your own heads 3. You have already taken treasure from the Land and fought against My people, now dispersed among the nations.4 But I shall rouse them to leave from wherever they are now and bring them back to all of the holy Land 5. They will take over your possessions and live in the regenerated Land in peace and prosperity.

The Lord roars: a mighty shout from His dwelling place 6 and the heavens and the earth shudder. A huge mass appears like the dawn coming over the mountains 7, such as has never been seen before and will never be again. As it strikes, fire burns everything. As it passes, flames consume all the trees and pastures. There is no escape 8 and no defence as it leaps over the mountaintops, advancing into the cities, bursting over walls, smashing through windows and leaving just a devastated waste behind. Everybody writhes in anguish and their faces turn white with fear. The whole Land is ruined, burnt and desolate 9, the streams are dry and all the trees and crops are lost.

Just before the Day comes, the sun will be darkened and the moon will burn blood red 10. Then everyone who calls upon the one true God 11 will be saved and in Jerusalem there will be survivors 12, those whom the Lord has set apart.

I shall remove the Northern peril far from you and destroy them in the wastelands 13, the smell of their rotting bodies will rise up from the desert.
After all that must happen, the Lord will pour out His spirit upon all mankind 14 and people will see visions and dream great things.

Reference: The Bible Book of the Prophet Joel. REB, CJB, NIV, KJV. Abridged and rearranged chronologically.

Scripture references:

1/ The Day of the Lord: Deut. 7:10, Isaiah 6:11-12, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jer. 46:10, Rev. 6:12-17

2/ Judgement of the nations: Psalms 2:8-9, Ezekiel 7:7, Zephaniah 3:8, Habakkuk 3:12

3/ Recoil upon their heads: Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 83:16, Obadiah 1:15

4/ The Lord’s people, His faithful Christians: Isaiah 40:26-31, Isaiah 56:3, Psalms 68:20-21

5/ The Second Exodus: Isaiah 35:1-10, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Jeremiah 31:27-28

6/ A great noise will be heard around the world: Isaiah 30:30, Jer. 25:30-31, Isaiah 29:6

7/ A Coronal Mass Ejection sunstrike, that will ‘appear like the dawn’: That is: as the earth rotates to face the sun. Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-43, Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:10

8/ No escape for anyone in the holy Land, the rest of the world will be severely affected, but most will survive: Isaiah 2:9, Psalms 37:20, Amos 9:1-4, Zephaniah 1:3

9/ The holy Land, desolated: Isaiah 13:9, Isaiah 24:1-6, Jeremiah 7:20, Ezekiel 30:1-5

10/The sun is obscured by the approaching CME and the moon will burn when the superheated mass hits it. Acts 2:19-20

11/ We must call to the Lord for our protection and salvation: Isa. 12:4, Zeph. 3:9, Psalms 6:8-10

12/ There will be a few Jewish survivors in Jerusalem: Isaiah 29:1-4, Isaiah 31:5, Isaiah 6:11-13

13/ The destruction of the Gog/Magog armies, a few years later: Ezekiel 38 & 39

14/ In the Millennium, to come after all this: Isaiah 33:17-24, Psalms 47:1-9, Micah 4:1-4, Rev. 20:4-6

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1/ The Day of the Lord: Deut. 7:10, Isaiah 6:11-12, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jer. 46:10, Rev. 6:12-17
The beginning of the Day of the Lord is the day when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood. 2Thessalonians2:4.

2Thessalonians2:
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Thessalonians5:
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world at the time will be thinking it has entered the messianic age of peace and safety, with the Antichrist as the perceived King of Israel messiah. With many falling away from believing Jesus is the messiah at that time.

That false sense of security will be shattered when said thought-to-be messiah goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood.

Which triggers the beginning of the Day of the Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keras, regarding your scenario of a solar CME event altering the middle east, resulting in a new nation of Christians relocating there en-masse in the aftermath - the Gog/Magog event beginning without any of that having happened will prove to yourself that you have misunderstood.

Gog/Magog, then the seven years, then Armageddon when Jesus returns. All in Ezekiel 39.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quite correct that this was not literal locusts, but was imagery portraying an army instead.

But you are incorrect that this Revelation 9 plague is in our future. It's long past, and was fulfilled in the five-months period of AD 66 from April / May until August / September - when the land of Israel typically has locust swarms that can make an appearance.

These "locusts" were the Roman soldiers under the command of the corrupt Judean governor Gessius Florus, who was doing his best to goad the Israelites into committing rebellion against the Roman empire by allowing his soldiers to harass and oppress the citizens of the country. This tormenting of the inhabitants of Israel became especially oppressive in the five months from Passover in AD 66 until August, as recorded in Josephus.

We know this was the Roman soldiers causing this five months of torment because Revelation 9:7-8 tells us that upon their heads were "crowns like gold" and that they had "hair as women". This was a precise description of the "Gallic G" helmets worn by the Roman soldiers during this first-century period (of which we have samples retrieved from this AD 60's period). The helmets had a brass band encircling the forehead on the rim of these helmets, and on the top a mounting piece called a "crista" where a crest of trailing horsehair could be attached.

Likewise, these "locusts" were said to have "tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails". This was describing one of the ballistic field weapons of the Romans at the time. It had a torsion spring mechanism operating it, called a "tormenta", and they were literally nicknamed a "scorpion".

The intended purpose for these "locusts" of the Roman soldiers under Gessius Florus was not necessarily to wreck the Judean countryside's vegetation and trees and to kill the inhabitants of Israel yet, but to merely harass them to the point that they became desperate enough to launch a rebellion against Rome. Florus thought that if he could get them to launch a war against Rome, that Rome's attention would be diverted from just how badly he had executed his office of governor in Judea (including all the theft that he was doing at the time).

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
keras, regarding your scenario of a solar CME event altering the middle east, resulting in a new nation of Christians relocating there en-masse in the aftermath - the Gog/Magog event beginning without any of that having happened will prove to yourself that you have misunderstood.
Ezekiel 38:8-13 make it clear that the people Gog comes to attack are not the current Israeli people.
Can you not see the many Prophesies telling about the great second Exodus? The faithful Christian peoples will not be a part of the One World Govt; also much Prophesied.

We will soon see the truth of it all.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The locust creatures in Revelation 9 come out of the bottomless pit. So they are not a human army. They inflict pain by biting and stinging.

They will be carnivores because they don't eat the grass nor trees. (Revelation 9:4)

They do not harm persons having the seal of God (Revelation 9::4). So there is a limitation on who they torment for the 5 months of their activity. It does not say what ends the 5 months. It will probably be the life span the locust creatures will have.

Apparently their stings will put people in some sort of coma, or incapacitating state, unable to react. As the pain will be intense enough that people will try to die, but cannot. (Revelation 9:6)

Revelation 9:

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The verse in Joel 1:6 uses the same metaphor of teeth of a lion as the locust creatures in Revelation 9:8 does as well.

But in Joel 1:4, the plague in Joel is that of the plamerworm, locust, cankerworn, caterpillar, eating crops and destroying trees.

Differently, the locust in Revelation 9:4 don't hurt any green thing, i.e. the grass nor trees.
Yes, as Davy said, the symbolic meaning is that it is the armies of men. Rev. 9:13-21 reveals that it begins by a ground war, but someone drops a few Nuetron bombs, which destroys nothing EXCEPT PEOPLE in a very short time, as in "an hour, a day, a month and a year", which is an event of annihilation/genocide on a specific date. It's not Armageddon, but rather WW3 in the Mid-east (Euphrates region).

Such an event will bring about Economic, Political and Societal collapse on a global scale, (the great tribulation) for the sole intention of MANDATORY World Peace ("peace and safety"), and the implementation of the "MoB", Digital money, with Digital IDs.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, as Davy said, the symbolic meaning is that it is the armies of men. Rev. 9:13-21 reveals that it begins by a ground war, but someone drops a few Nuetron bombs, which destroys nothing EXCEPT PEOPLE in a very short time, as in "an hour, a day, a month and a year", which is an event of annihilation/genocide on a specific date. It's not Armageddon, but rather WW3 in the Mid-east (Euphrates region).
The flesh tormenting locust are the fifth woe. They come out of the bottomless pit, so cannot be a human army.

Revelation 9:13-21 is the sixth woe. It involves an army of 200,000,000. There will also be four angels involved. Because the four angels are currently bound in the river Euphrates, we can assume that they are evil angels.

Apparently, the four angels will directing the slaying of a third of mankind by the 200,000,000 army.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh tormenting locust are the fifth woe. They come out of the bottomless pit, so cannot be a human army.

Revelation 9:13-21 is the sixth woe. It involves an army of 200,000,000. There will also be four angels involved. Because the four angels are currently bound in the river Euphrates, we can assume that they are evil angels.

Apparently, the four angels will directing the slaying of a third of mankind by the 200,000,000 army.
Try to put this together in symbolism:
1. A pit is a grave.
2. Anything that is bottomless, has no end.

Altogether, "bottomless pit" simply means the place of "endless death", which is this earth, that ultimately becomes a Lake of Fire of molten lava, on a global scale.

The four angels are symbolic of the four countries that border the Euphrates River. They are Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, all of which are "bound" together in their religion of Islam.

In this post as well as #14, there is nothing religious or supernatural at all. It's just everyday events common to OUR understanding, whereas John had no clue whatsoever of what he himself saw in the visions of Rev. 9. He could only relate to it with his limited understanding of 96AD.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
as Davy said, the symbolic meaning is that it is the armies of men.
Joel 2:1-11 tells us what those 'locusts' actually will be.
They are a countless host that cover the land, are unstoppable and burn everything in their path.
The Lord directs them and from many other Prophesies, we can know what they are- the great mass of superheated Hydrogen from a huge explosion of the sun.
Believe it or just keep on speculation until it hits!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are a countless host that cover the land, are unstoppable and burn everything in their path.
The Lord directs them and from many other Prophesies, we can know what they are- the great mass of superheated Hydrogen from a huge explosion of the sun.
keras, CME's would affect everyone. Differently, the locust creatures in Revelation 9 torment only those men which do hot not have the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The locust creatures will be some sort of flying insects traveling in swarms that both bites and stings.

Revelation 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras, CME's would affect everyone.

Forget CME. It is NOT mentioned in Bible. It is Keras's speculation.
Differently, the locust creatures in Revelation 9 torment only those men which do hot not have the seal of God in their foreheads.

True.
Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The locust creatures will be some sort of flying insects traveling in swarms that both bites and stings.

No no no. God is not talking about physical flying insects that bite or sting men without seal of God. False carnal interpreation.

Rev 9:3-4
(3) And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
(4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

You need to learn to compare Scripture with Scripture to find out what scorpions and locusts the Lord really talked about. Locusts with the power as scorpions, represent the false prophets and teachers under the spirit of Antichrist that has been loosed as judgment against those professed Christians of the congregation - and their power was to hurt all those who weren't sealed (saved). This means they can only cause this same spiritual torment, pain or anguish upon those who are not saved or sealed (Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 4:30). Spiritual speaking they are hurt by this judgment of strong delusion that God has brought upon them as judgment.

Rev 9:5
(5) And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

This pain or torment is the power of the Scorpion, which is Satan. Satan is a spirit being causing spiritual hurt He's not literally commanding grasshoppers or physical predatory arthropods to sting people who have no mark. It's symbolism. God is speaking symbolically of the power that Satan has as an enemy of Christ. When God uses the locusts devouring the fruitful field, or the power of the Scorpion's sting, or the bite of the serpent to hurt those who are not sealed, it's symbolic terminology representing Satan's power. That's why Mark 16 says believers cannot be hurt by the serpent--because those who believe are sealed unto the day of redemption and cannot be hurt by serpents, Scorpions or locusts (Revelation 9:4). Even as Christ illustrated this "perfectly" in Luke 10 when He sent His witnesses out by two's and they came back saying the Devil as subject unto them. Or for example:

Luk 10:18-19
(18) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
(19) Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Not talking about physical scorpions, serpents, or locusts here. Here Christ is EQUATING the power of Satan to the power of scorpions and of serpents!! He is saying nothing can hurt these who are in Christ Jesus, not the sting of the scorpion nor the bite of the great serpent or locusts. In LIKE MANNER, in Revelation 9, when God speaks of those locusts with the POWER once again after coming out of bottomless pit, that can harm those who have not yet seal of God.

So you believe that Revelation 9 must be talking about some physical locusts or scorpions lacks spiritual understanding on what Christ actual talked about.

Revelation 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

Christ is talking about the proliferation of false prophets and christs into God's church as a judgment. Not physical locusts or... helicopters!

Selah

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are locked on hard about the Sun being the downfall of all on the earth. Although science is playing that card now, I perceive that it is a psyop, and shall be the blame of why the power grids and the internet on the earth shall go down (a Carrington event).

However, the Banking elite's internet of 30,000 low earth orbit satellites, by Elon Musk will be working full throttle for the CBDCs, for all the banks, businesses, governments and all individuals, who cave in to their lie.

They hold all the cards for WW3, and when the Banking Elite are ready, WW3 (not Armageddon) will commence, and soon after that, so will the "MoB". As you know, it will be all about "peace and safety".

Last edited: