Lonely.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ahhhhh, that was you....and I thought it was a Cassowary coming around for bananas.
Old man Goanna visited also. He was at least three feet long with a six inch diameter girth. He ambled up the deck, took a long look at me and decided I wasn't tasty enough; turned around slowly and waddled off. Never a dull moment in the forest.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeahhhh, that looks like Alex, my banana eating buddy. He came yesterday with a friend but the friend didn't wanna play.
Crikey, you be careful, watch your footing, I never knew they were one of the most dangerous flightless birds in the world.

Thank God I live in the UK...we don’t have many dangerous animals...mind you ,we sometimes get dogs in packs, 4 Rottweilers were loose in my neighbourhood, thank God my little Jack Russel was indoors, for some reason I have a fear of these dogs...

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey, you be careful, watch your footing, I never knew they were one of the most dangerous flightless birds in the world.

Thank God I live in the UK...we don’t have many dangerous animals...mind you ,we sometimes get dogs in packs, 4 Rottweilers were loose in my neighbourhood, thank God my little Jack Russel was indoors, for some reason I have a fear of these dogs...
Jack Russell you say?
Me too. She’s a parson Jack Russell called Izzy. She’ll be 8 in May. Full of energy.
IMG_8392.jpeg

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeahhhh, that looks like Alex, my banana eating buddy. He came yesterday with a friend but the friend didn't wanna play.
What other animals and snakes, etc, frequent your yard? I hear Australia has a lot of venomous snakes and is it spiders? Or big spiders?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jack Russell you say?
Me too. She’s a parson Jack Russell called Izzy. She’ll be 8 in May. Full of energy.
View attachment 44481
What a little darling, how old is she?xx

My Jack is a parsons Jack Russel as well, he is 16, nearly 17, he is so fit, unfortunately he is now senile and very deaf/ partly blind...I Love him so much,xxx

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I went up the waterline 350 meters through steep slippery terrain to do some repairs. I'm generally pretty careful but alas, a slippery rock under foot and...hallelujah, hallelujah. That was on yer bare bum comedy.
Oh do take care of yourself. You are probably younger but older people can fracture their bones. My 94 year old mom had hip surgery March 5 and still cannot stand up.

So please take care.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a little darling, how old is she?xx

My Jack is a parsons Jack Russel as well, he is 16, nearly 17, he is so fit, unfortunately he is now senile and very deaf/ partly blind...I Love him so much,xxx
Sounds like your lovely Jack has bags of energy too. Izzy will be 8 in May. I’ve had her since she was ten months old.

• Love
Reactions: Debp and Ritajanice

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What other animals and snakes, etc, frequent your yard? I hear Australia has a lot of venomous snakes and is it spiders? Or big spiders?
yep, all the above and more .....wild pigs, brilliant blue Ulysees butterflies, bloody noisy frogs...at night, Golden Orb spiders who stay for a week or a month then roll up their beautiful golden web and go elsewhere....that is if a bird doesn't get her for breakfast first.
Quite a few different snakes from small whip snakes to large Amethystine Pythons....even tree kangaroos visit from time to time.....and crocodiles at the beach.
All in all, they're a pretty friendly bunch. I've learned to live with them and don't really get my knickers in a knot......that is, if I'm wearing any. coffee:

Reactions: Debp and Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yep, all the above and more .....wild pigs, brilliant blue Ulysees butterflies, bloody noisy frogs...at night, Golden Orb spiders who stay for a week or a month then roll up their beautiful golden web and go elsewhere....that is if a bird doesn't get her for breakfast first.
Quite a few different snakes from small whip snakes to large Amethystine Pythons....even tree kangaroos visit from time to time.....and crocodiles at the beach.
All in all, they're a pretty friendly bunch. I've learned to live with them and don't really get my knickers in a knot......that is, if I'm wearing any. coffee:
Please tell us what encounters you have had with these creepy crawlies, I would like to hear the full details?

You must have some stories to tell? xx

Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please tell us what encounters you have had with these creepy crawlies, I would like to hear the full details?

They come and go. I just leave them be. I don't bother them, they don't bother me....in fact, it's a real privilege to see the wild life doing its stuff.
A couple of weeks ago I watched a Golden Orb spider climb out of its skin leaving the old one hanging in the web. It took about ten to fifteen minutes. The females grow to about 3 or 4 inches and the males would be pushing 1/2 an inch with 6-12 hanging around on the web which is often a meter to a meter and a half in diameter. They hang around all hoping for the lucky dip, then she eats them.
Here's a selection of pics of various inhabitants

IMG_2313.jpegIMG_9051.jpegIMG_9144.jpegIMG_0122.jpegIMG_0650.jpeg

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would also love to hear some of your stories @quietthinker

A couple of nights ago I started to watch a TV show on Tubi called "Alone."

It's a reality show where ten men are each dropped off in different wilderness locations on Vancouver Island, Canada. It's really wilderness!

So far two men have dropped out of the competition. One because of bears near his tent at night. The other one dropped out because of hearing wolves fighting something near his tent at night.

It's very interesting... it's free at Tubi. Tubi has an app and I think there is a website for Tubi, too.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great photos @quietthinker . Enjoyed seeing you, too!

Was that white bird resting on your legs?

Btw, signing out now...talk another time everyone.
It's a wild Torres Strait Island pigeon. He/she came to me one day at the beach and was quite happy to get a ride in the car back to my place. It would come and go.....and as you can see, was quiet friendly.
One day I was at the beach and some indigenous folk had a small camp. I saw lots of Torres Strait Island Pigeon feathers lying around. He/she must have been easy pickings.....I never saw him/her again after that.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They come and go. I just leave them be. I don't bother them, they don't bother me....in fact, it's a real privilege to see the wild life doing its stuff.
I agree, we can also learn a lot from animals.
A couple of weeks ago I watched a Golden Orb spider climb out of its skin leaving the old one hanging in the web. It took about ten to fifteen minutes. The females grow to about 3 or 4 inches and the males would be pushing 1/2 an inch with 6-12 hanging around on the web which is often a meter to a meter and a half in diameter. They hang around all hoping for the lucky dip, then she eats them
I would imagine that Golden Orb spider would be vulnerable to predators ,while she climbs out of its skin.

Oh my word she eats them!!

Reactions: Debp