Lonely.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.if only others would share it with me instead of prattling on about nothing hmmx1:
I do hope you aren’t referring to me, quietthinker...hehehehe, only joking...xx

Every time my young Son visits, he says, same old same old, small talk....hehehe.

Yet, he’s always on his darn phone, what is it about these phones, everywhere I go, nearly everyone are on their phones...?

How do they learn to verbally communicate?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do hope you aren’t referring to me, quietthinker...hehehehe, only joking...xx

Every time my young Son visits, he says, same old same old, small talk....hehehe.

Yet, he’s always on his darn phone, what is it about these phones, everywhere I go, nearly everyone are on their phones...?

How do they learn to verbally communicate?
It's a phony world!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't feel lonely. I guess solitude doesn't bother me much.

About those phones...I agree people are on them too much. I just got a smart phone this February....I only use it to phone people.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On saying the above, I have more friends online than I do in real life...I’m not one to have neighbours in my house, I don’t think it’s good to get to familiar with people, that’s been my experience, what do you think? xx

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On saying the above, I have more friends online than I do in real life...I’m not one to have neighbours in my house, I don’t think it’s good to get to familiar with people, that’s been my experience, what do you think? xx

I don't have neighbors in much but I do have neighbors that are friends in my building. We sometimes phone each other. A couple of them pick up something for me sometimes.

I also talk to some other neighbors in the hall or elevator. It's 74 apartments here.

Is it?....hehehe...explain please?...xxx
I think he made a joke. Phones....phoney.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
like you said, everyones got a device to their ear....and with the other hand they're drinking a beer
I think it’s scary, all this technology....I mean technology is a good thing...but, this phone business and texting, imo, it’s not good and as you say “ phoney” I get what you mean now.....

My Son did comment about a girlfriend who text him, he said, she says things on text that she would never say face to face, I had a friend like that as well....xx

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think he made a joke. Phones....phoney.
I’m slow sometimes at seeing the joke,hehe.

I bought some artificial flowers a while back, the shop owner said, you will need to cut the bottom of the stems before you put them in water...I thought he was being serious....” duh” then the penny dropped...hehehe,xxx

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't mind folk coming around....but handling a naked man as he comes outta the jungle with tools and scratches is a bit of a challenge for some folks. I greet them with a cheery hello and some do a 180 and bolt o_O

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind folk coming around....but handling a naked man as he comes outta the jungle with tools and scratches is a bit of a challenge for some folks. I greet them with a cheery hello and some do a 180 and bolt o_O
I tell you, there are some odd people out there, best include myself in that statement, hehehe...

I had a guy follow me around a supermarket once....he said I reminded him of his great grandmother, darn cheek..hehehe,xxc

Try dressing up as a cat, then walk around town, great fun that is, hehehe,

• Haha

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What! you think thats funny honey?.....well, it saves me washing clothes. Gotta be practical in da circumstances.

• Haha
Reactions: Debp and Ritajanice

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You may have met me the other day,hehehe,xxx

View attachment 44479
ahhhhh, that was you....and I thought it was a Cassowary coming around for bananas.
Old man Goanna visited also. He was at least three feet long with a six inch diameter girth. He ambled up the deck, took a long look at me and decided I wasn't tasty enough; turned around slowly and waddled off. Never a dull moment in the forest.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it’s scary, all this technology....I mean technology is a good thing...but, this phone business and texting, imo, it’s not good and as you say “ phoney” I get what you mean now.....

My Son did comment about a girlfriend who text him, he said, she says things on text that she would never say face to face, I had a friend like that as well....xx

I don't like texting. I cancelled that and saved five dollars a month. :D
Besides not liking it....why struggle to use those tiny keys....hard on eyes and fingers.

What! you think thats funny honey?.....well, it saves me washing clothes. Gotta be practical in da circumstances.
You should try stand-up comedy... you're quite funny!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't like texting. I cancelled that and saved five dollars a month. :D
Besides not liking it....why struggle to use those tiny keys....hard on eyes and fingers.

You should try stand-up comedy... you're quite funny!
Today I went up the waterline 350 meters through steep slippery terrain to do some repairs. I'm generally pretty careful but alas, a slippery rock under foot and...hallelujah, hallelujah. That was on yer bare bum comedy.

• Wow