Love Beyond Belief: Dating an Atheist and Nurturing Spiritual Conversations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just my two cents but I think there's a pretty strong case you can make for the existence of God based strictly on logic. I think the idea of not believing in something you cant see or touch isn't the definitive line in the sand that it sounds like. Almost everyone would believe George Washington, Leonardo Da Vinci, etc. were real people despite never having met or seen them, even in a photo. There's just historical evidence they existed, like there is historical evidence that Jesus existed, which is what most serious historians believe.

Also, I personally think the existence of God is a more logical conclusion than the conclusion that the materials in the big bang (proposed by a Catholic priest by the way) came out of nowhere and that life formed randomly from nonliving matter, into self-aware humans, all by chance without a higher power.

That's just what I think, I hope it doesn't come off as disrespectful to atheists or anyone. It's good that he respects your religion and best of luck to you two.

Reactions: Papa Smurf

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it :) I do believe God will save him but I think that it will take some time.
May I suggest that you get the church attendance sorted now.
There's a lady in our church whose husband died last year, she'd been married to him for 30 years she came to christ shortly after her marriage , we believe he dis shortly before he died.

He rarely attended church services or events, but through those he did attend he became friends with other professional Christian men and was influenced by there witness.

So start as you intend to continue, he accompanies who to church at least weekly.