Love Is A One Way Street

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loved us first (1 John 4:11) although we rejected Him, were unfaithful to Him and killed Him. Love therefore is a one-way street-it is unconditional. When we are nice to some one because they are nice to us, it is not love; because, our niceness is conditional to the other party being nice. On the other hand, if we are nice to others irrespective of how they treat us, then it is love (Luke 6:27, 35). Therefore, when we exercise true love, we love, because, to love is our heart’s desire; and we desire to love, because, we love God, who is love. We will then love all without any distinction between friends and foes, hate none and forgive all from our heart. We will therefore love those who hate us the most the same way as those who love us the most, and will be willing to sacrifice our own interest in the process of helping them.

When we exercise true love we will never feel like a victim, never dwell on our own feelings, never get weary (1 Corinthian 13:8) and always be on a mission to love and serve God and our fellow human beings. Furthermore, when others hurt and persecute us, we will be concerned about the hurt they are causing their own soul by their acts, rather than the hurt they cause us. In addition, we will never condemn anyone, always have hope for them and do our very best to help them.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
God loved us first (1 John 4:11) although we rejected Him, were unfaithful to Him and killed Him. Love therefore is a one-way street-it is unconditional. When we are nice to some one because they are nice to us, it is not love; because, our niceness is conditional to the other party being nice. On the other hand, if we are nice to others irrespective of how they treat us, then it is love (Luke 6:27, 35). Therefore, when we exercise true love, we love, because, to love is our heart’s desire; and we desire to love, because, we love God, who is love. We will then love all without any distinction between friends and foes, hate none and forgive all from our heart. We will therefore love those who hate us the most the same way as those who love us the most, and will be willing to sacrifice our own interest in the process of helping them.

When we exercise true love we will never feel like a victim, never dwell on our own feelings, never get weary (1 Corinthian 13:8) and always be on a mission to love and serve God and our fellow human beings. Furthermore, when others hurt and persecute us, we will be concerned about the hurt they are causing their own soul by their acts, rather than the hurt they cause us. In addition, we will never condemn anyone, always have hope for them and do our very best to help them.

No doubt, this is why people join a monastary and take vows of silence. In order to avoid falling short of all these ideals. I think they are excellent, arunangelo, and they are the standard to repudiate self-righteous behavior, however, I certainly won't spend alot of time dwelling on how to put it into effect. I will just have to wait upon the Lord, Who is working in me to both will and to do of His good pleasure. I would never attempt to set out on my own on this one, because I, like most believers, don't have what it takes in themselves.

Have you ever considered the one-way principle as it concerns salvation? I assuredly agree with you on the one-sidedness of God's blessings to mankind, and our salvation is no different. We all would be lost if He hadn't opened our eyes, even those of us who searched for Him. Our efforts are in vain if the Lord does not build the house.
fivesense