Love is not JEALOUS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exodus 34:

14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
LXX used G2207 for "jealous". It has a positive connotation.

BDAG ζηλωτής:

① one who is earnestly committed to a side or cause, enthusiast, adherent, loyalist.
In the NT, New Living Translation, 1 Corinthians 13:

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
The Greek word for "jealous" is G2206, not G2207. G2206 is ambiguous.

English Standard Version:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
BDAG ζηλόω

② to have intense negative feelings over another’s achievements or success, be filled w. jealousy, envy
God is a loyal and faithful God. God is jealous in the positive sense of guarding his loyalty.

A husband can also be jealous in the positive sense of guarding his wife, but he is not envious in the negative sense of jealousy.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Exodus 34:

BDAG ζηλωτής:

BDAG ζηλόω

God is a loyal and faithful God. God is jealous in the positive sense of guarding his loyalty.

A husband can also be jealous in the positive sense of guarding his wife, but he is not envious in the negative sense of jealousy.
Anything of scripture is not open for private interpretation:

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This quote is cramming Gods testimony into what the person wants it to say.

And the very least to do, is to go see what God is doing in the quote you have given from scripture first, from Exodus 34.

Also why another act of zeal, is attempting to show that it is this kind of way, that allows jealousy from a believer, all of a sudden. ( of our Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the scriptures of Israel turning the Lords house of prayer into a den of thieves. Matthew 21:13.)

"As the people of God, we should be characterized by “________” for the things of God. ȗȘȜȦIJ੾ȢzƝlǀtƝs)—One who is earnestly committed to a side or cause, enthusiast, adherent, loyalist; a zealot. John 2:13-17—13 The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there. 15 And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple...16 And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade.” 17His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume me.”"

Here is exactly what your doctrine shared has not talked about at all.

The VERY words and purpose of what is going on in Exodus 34.

First Exodus 33, where Moses asked to see God, and God tells no man shall see Him and live

The TABLES OF STONE, where God proclaims ( DECLARES) the NAME of the Lord. Merciful and gracious, long suffering, goodness and truth.

Keeping mercy, forgiving iniquity, transgression and sin, not clearing the guilty, visiting iniquity upon the children of the fathers who sin unto third generation. ( to not worship idols, as the Lord is jealous for His holy name. Ezekiel 39:35.)...

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Exodus 34:1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

Exodus 34:5 And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and PROCLAIMED the name of the Lord.
6 And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Ezekiel 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;

Of course you cannot link anything of a shadow ( old covenant/THE LAW. Hebrews 10.) to what is Jesus Christ appearing on earth. ( the covenant for belief in His blood/the law of FAITH. Romans 3:27.)

This is known in the heart, the testimony of Christ not written with ink, not in tables of stone. ( when God declares the name of the Lord to people with hearts of stone, in THE LAW.) but to enter the hard heart to make it soft with the Spirit of the LIVING GOD. ( belief that God raised Jesus Christ our Lord from the dead to be saved/the new covenant. Romans 10:9-10.)...

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Here is what God would do then, to declare the name of the Lord to HIs brothers. ( In Zion, in Jerusalem/the middle of the church.)...

Psalm 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

Psalm 102:21 To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;

Hebrews 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

It was testified on earth to the whole world.

Moses, and no man saw God at any time. ( no man could see the face of God and live)

The only begotten Son in the bosom of the Father, declared Him. ( declares HIs name to the heart with the Word/Spirit of God)

He which is of God ( the Son of God/Son of man, the Lord Jesus Christ) has seen the Father. ( not any other man.)

Jesus testifies to Israel, ow they do not believe in the works He does in HIs Fathers name, which bear witness of the Son.

Jesus pray for the believers, how He has declared unto them the Fathers name, and how He will declare it, so the love the Father has for the Son may be in them, and the Son in them. ( belief in the love of God to lay HIs life down for us)

What is written in the gospel is so we might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, that we might have life through HIs name...

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This is God shining in our hearts to give the knowledge of the glory of God ( God raising HIs Son from the dead) in the FACE OF JESUS CHRIST.

Jesus Christ who ONLY ( ONLY BEGOTTEN SON) has immortality, dwelling in the light WHICH NO MAN CAN APPROACH UNTO, WHOM NO MAN HAS SEEN, NOR CAN SEE. ( no man shall see the face of the Lord and live, no man has seen the Father, save He which is OF GOD.)

His Fathers name written in their foreheads.

They shall SEE HIs face: ( HIS NAME SHALL BE IN THEIR FOREHEADS.)..

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Being jealous over ones wife also is not the true testimony of God.

Just reading the Epistles ( in the heart not in stone) and we see that we are established together, and that nobody claims dominion over us, ( over our faith) as we stand by faith.

But the only sense of jealousy that can then be understood, is the saving through the name of Jesus Christ, that name has to be chaste, or we could not be presented chaste ourselves...

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
23 Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 3:3
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?

New Living Translation
for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

English Standard Version
for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?

Berean Standard Bible
for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly? Are you not walking in the way of man?

Reactions: TonyChanYT

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 34:

BDAG ζηλωτής:

BDAG ζηλόω

I used to hate the “the law of jealousies” in Numbers 5. The whole passage sounded like a spooky satanic ritual. When “the spirit of jealousy” comes upon a husband whose wife is accused of unfaithfulness. Another member mentioned how closely this relates to Mary and when Joseph considered putting her away secretly…

now Numbers 5 it’s one of my favorites. Consider if you want to look at Jealousy, how can Numbers 5 help? Consider how it connects to where Paul speaks of their (those under the law) by the body of Christ they also are free from being called an adulterous woman; free from the law of jealousies which cause your thigh to rot and your belly to swell, bringing forth sin unto death…fruit unto death being called an adulterer. Now Being called no more an adulterous woman by the body of Christ, you are free to bring forth fruit unto God. In Numbers 4: the woman bears seed, and is free. To me even Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:2 speaks of the woman who is free (no longer called an adulterer) and conceives seed—where you have been made free to bring forth fruit unto God.
‘For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.’

Romans 7:1-6 Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? [2] For the woman which has an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of (jealousies of) her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband lives, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law(from the law of jealousies); so that she is no adulteress(whose thigh rots and her belly swells bring forth sin unto death), though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead (liken yourself dead where the law of jealousy has no more dominion over a man who is Dead) to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married (joined) to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. [5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Joseph being a just man was not jealous, jealousy is bad. ( Joseph instead we see was considerate for Mary his wife)..

Matthew 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

Proverbs 6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Private interpretation is by the antichrist spirit, or we know they are of God when they brin the wholesome doctrine, with no questioning which equals strife..

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
There are also a lot of false accusers, despisers of those that are good, but that is a good thing, as it is the end of all such FOREVER..

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.