Love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Trayvon Martin, there's a name unheard, just a few days ago as was George Zimmerman and yet I have been following the events that began in Florida and are now occurring world wide.

Most remarkably I see a proclaimed minister of the Gospel of Jesus, the Christ pushing hatred for white folks. Who? Jesse Jackson! In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus proclaimed, “Blessed are the peacemakers!” Instead, Jesse is making statements, as fact, that he has no method of possibly knowing that put Mr. Zimmerman in the position of being a side kick of the KKK and Jesse is seen at the same location, in the same interview clips and in the news as being along side the Black Panthers. Where is the love?

There was a notable and feared group of hate mongering racists in this nation, since just after the Civil War, the KKK. Sometime during or just after the reign of Adolf Hitler the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to further the ignorance of the American Racist. All of this took place before I was born. And then, during my life span, a new party of Racists reared their ugly and cruel agenda for the life of this nation, the Black Panthers. Their justification is their predecessors and is not found to be justified in the Words of God, leaving it to be standing on the whims and wishes of Satan, the god of this world, the enemy of the One True God, our Creator, Jesus!

You will notice that I have used Galatians 5:14 to illustrate my point and have wrapped it in some of the verses surrounding it for context. Now, the KKK was born to keep Negro or African Americans pushed down into suppression and the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to keep the Negro down and to get him and his American family on a boat to Africa. Then, in the Sixties, the Black Panthers came into their own and demanded that this nation be split, proportionately, into two nations and uproot Negro families and Caucasians alike to move them into their own nations, pushing Whitey down. Where is the love?

I have not decided that George murdered Trayvon nor have I decided that Trayvon was murdering George, as of this time, there has not been a trial as of this time and all I have heard is hatred spewed forth like the Fire Hoses held by the Cops in Alabama in the sixties! WHERE IS THE LOVE? Are there any Christians left?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it little to do with racism and more to do with lawlessness. The same ones who scream racism will call their own conservative-racial counterparts every name in the book. As for a Scripture relating the two and a growing ill in today's society... And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.(Mat 24:12)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Satan is the root cause of all hatred and the pushing of people around and keeping them down is his work and race or colour has nothing to do with it at all, as black will do to black the same things and white does the same.

Coming to Jesus Christ is the only truth and the way.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
1 John 2:9 Suppose someone claims to be in the light but hates his brother or sister. Then he is still in the darkness.

1 John 2:11 But those who hate a brother or sister are in the darkness. They walk around in the darkness. They don't know where they are going. The darkness has made them blind.

1 John 3:15 Those who hate their brothers and sisters are murderers. And you know that murderers do not have eternal life in their hearts.

1 John 4:20 Anyone who says he loves God but in fact hates his brother or sister is a liar. He doesn't love his brother or sister, whom he has seen. So he can't love God, whom he has not seen.

Many attend Church weekly, they tell people that they love God and are Christians, but then they attack others, speak badly about others, try to turn others against them, personally attacks them and gossips about them and even calls some people Satan. Now I ask you...do they have sincere love in their hearts or only hatred?

They come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath more vicious than a wolf.

And MR ROSENBERGER, many people come to Christ, but they then walk around attacking others. If someone calls someone Satan and they personally attack others, then there is no genuine love in their hearts, only hatred. Yet many of them deny their hatred and instead try to find misleading justification for their attacks.

So coming to Christ is not the complete answer...the complete answer is coming to Christ and sincerely inviting Christ into their hearts...then God will write His Love and Law on the hearts and they will cease attacking and hating others. Sadly, many think they are Christian, they even think they have come to Christ and are now secure in salvation, but their hearts are far from love and Jesus.

God bless.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
1 John 2:9 Suppose someone claims to be in the light but hates his brother or sister. Then he is still in the darkness.

1 John 2:11 But those who hate a brother or sister are in the darkness. They walk around in the darkness. They don't know where they are going. The darkness has made them blind.

1 John 3:15 Those who hate their brothers and sisters are murderers. And you know that murderers do not have eternal life in their hearts.

1 John 4:20 Anyone who says he loves God but in fact hates his brother or sister is a liar. He doesn't love his brother or sister, whom he has seen. So he can't love God, whom he has not seen.

Many attend Church weekly, they tell people that they love God and are Christians, but then they attack others, speak badly about others, try to turn others against them, personally attacks them and gossips about them and even calls some people Satan. Now I ask you...do they have sincere love in their hearts or only hatred?

And MR ROSENBERGER, many people come to Christ, but they then walk around attacking others. If someone calls someone Satan and they personally attack others, then there is no genuine love in their hearts, only hatred. Yet many of them deny their hatred and instead try to find misleading justification for their attacks.

So coming to Christ is not the complete answer...the complete answer is coming to Christ and sincerely inviting Christ into their hearts...then God will write His Love and Law on the hearts and they will cease attacking and hating others. Sadly, many think they are Christian, they even think they have come to Christ and are now secure in salvation, but their hearts are far from love and Jesus.

God bless.

Good thoughts but not, totally accurate. Jesus said if you love me you will obey My commands and Jesus commanded , not suggested, that we love one another. With salvation comes true change and without love, I can see no change.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Good thoughts but not, totally accurate. Jesus said if you love me you will obey My commands and Jesus commanded , not suggested, that we love one another. With salvation comes true change and without love, I can see no change.

Are you suggesting those verses are not true? If so then do you reject some Scripture? If no, then please go through each and every verse I posted and explain and contextualize them for me please, according to your own interpretation.

And are you suggesting Christians should not love everyone and treat everyone, ALL THE TIME, in love?

God bless.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011

1 John 2:11But those who hate a brother or sister are in the darkness. They walk around in the darkness. They don't know where they are going. The darkness has made them blind.

1 John 3:15Those who hate their brothers and sisters are murderers. And you know that murderers do not have eternal life in their hearts.

God bless.
Attacks ? someone cut off another's ear and ? :mellow:
Don't be such a cry baby. this is only the nett. :rolleyes: but if i talked to you person to person it would be much better. -_-
Boy in my job if i was to take offence every time i may of been a little offended boy! i would not be able to do the job at all. :(
Satan is in us all, truth be known or we would not be sinners now would we. ;)
I am not your grandma. but even my grandma attacked me, but it was in fact for my own good ha ha. :D

Satan is a sweet talker. and he does not have to come across as a attacker at all. and that's how he works old mate.
He gets others to do the dirty work and that's there free will. remember Eve and the serpent. She wes not attacked at all.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Excuse me? Did you just say Satan is in us all?

Who else agrees with MR ROSENBERGER?

God bless.
Your not a sinner then or do you think you are a Saint, although i have never heard a saint call them self a Saint.
The works of Satan can easily overcome us, does it not, but for Christ in us we are lost to the work of Satan. (original sin) remember ? who do you think that work is about.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
truthseeker...I believe he was just pointing out excuses he has heard ...not saying that satan was in all of us....reread it please and see if I am correct...

Jul 6, 2011
God is love. The love of God is that Jesus died for us. Thats sacrifical. Agapeo is the Greek used. Phileo is also used, eros isnt.
Anyone can love anything, the Biblical testimony says some people love the dark and some the light, some righteousness and some evil.

Love is a trap for debating with non-believers, their idea of love includes stuff that is hated by God.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Are you suggesting those verses are not true? If so then do you reject some Scripture? If no, then please go through each and every verse I posted and explain and contextualize them for me please, according to your own interpretation.

And are you suggesting Christians should not love everyone and treat everyone, ALL THE TIME, in love?

God bless.
I did nothing of the sort and you know that. What I did was to bring context into the issue. It has aways been my position that the Bible is the revelation of the nature of God/Jesus and is, therefore of one context, all the way from Gen. 1:1 though the very last Amen of Rev. 22. Just for added context to what I'm saying, I killed men in South Vietnam but I did not hate them and to this day I love the Vietnamese people.

Youŕe firing blanks with your accusation.