Love!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Father,
See your children here who seek to know you and love you, fill our hearts with the Fire of your Love,
Help us to love one another that we may walk in your will.

Through Jesus Christ, your Son , our Lord,

we pray

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father,
See your children here who seek to know you and love you, fill our hearts with the Fire of your Love,
Help us to love one another that we may walk in your will.

Through Jesus Christ, your Son , our Lord,

we pray
Also praying for everyone on this forum that each one desire to be led by God.

Glory! Good posts. This is a great forum, and I don't believe it's just by accident.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13

Yes Father, help us to love and thank You for Your love.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is such a mysterious thing. Far far more than an emotion true love is the very essence of God. Love is best defined in 1corinthians chapter 13 as was previously quoted here by Mayflower. Much more than a feeling or words love is demonstrated in a myriad of ways.

Once I asked the Heavenly Father how could I tell whether or not a man was from God...or not. After a period of time had passed He answered.

"if a man is from me then he will only want to give to you. He will not want anything from you, only that you give yourself completely to me."

Henry Stanley was a hardened, rough tough newspaper man. Coarse, profane, heavy drinker, smoker, gambler, he was completely opposite from David Livingstone.

There was a missionary to Africa that had returned to the British isles to speak, rest and raise money for the mission. He was scheduled to speak at a small church and the weather was cold and rainy. The man of God was disappointed since the turnout was so small. It was love of God and the Gospel that moved him to go forward. In the small congregation that heard him speak was a young man that was very moved by the stories from the dark continent and great need of the primitive peoples. The young an was David Livingstone. One man's love of God had infected another with the desire to carry the word of salvation to darkest Africa.

After their meeting Stanley stayed on with Livingstone for some good time. Never did livingstone try to convert Stanley. The love of God radiated by the doctor was such that after awhile Stanley became a believer. The love of God that was shown through David Livingstone's dealings with the African people was such that Stanley was moved and convinced of the reality and mercy of the savior. David Livingstone was found kneeling at his bunk in an attitude of prayer. He had died on his knees.

Once we meet and are recreated by the creator-savior, Jesus, the hunger to draw closer to, to have more of that wonderful all consuming love is such that all other desires fall away as meaningless. The desire to have others be joined to God through Jesus is a component of His divine love.

It's not knowledge that makes believers, it's the need for and discovery of the love of God that converts men. A love so magnetic that men will lay down their profession and follow after Jesus without hesitation.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gracious Father in Heaven,
We thank you for your abundant blessings every day of our lives. We can do nothing of ourselves, we recognize this. Please put your healing hand upon every one of your children who visit or become members on this forum. Let them be healed in the name of Jesus whether it is spiritual, physical, emotional, or mental healing. Your will be done.
Let us not stray, and protect us from erroneous teaching and show us Truth when we seek you diligently!
Also, please allow our hotheadedness to not lead us to sin. Give us that overwhelming desire to serve others through you with a glad heart. AGAPE!
In the matchless name of Jesus,
AMEN!

Reactions: Heart2Soul